Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5378&start_row=11

Inter racial breeding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/22/2013 6:23:11 PM

Ethiopia is my reference

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/22/2013 6:57:27 PM

Sorry King, I don't get it. Are you saying that this is something you've observed, or read about...or what?

Selam

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/22/2013 10:47:19 PM

36:5 And Moses commanded the children of Israel according to the word of the LORD, saying, The tribe of the sons of Joseph hath said well.

36:6 This is the thing which the LORD doth command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.

36:7 So shall not the inheritance of the children of Israel remove from tribe to tribe: for every one of the children of Israel shall keep himself to the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers.

36:8 And every daughter, that possesseth an inheritance in any tribe of the children of Israel, shall be wife unto one of the family of the tribe of her father, that the children of Israel may enjoy every man the inheritance of his fathers.

36:9 Neither shall the inheritance remove from one tribe to another tribe; but every one of the tribes of the children of Israel shall keep himself to his own inheritance.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/22/2013 11:06:47 PM

In this final chapter of the Book of Numbers, we see that daughters throughout Israel who are in line to inherit property must marry within their own tribe, so that the tribes will all keep their original territories and land. What this implies is that women who did marry had to give up any property they owned to their new husbands. Through this text we learn that not only does God care more about land than the happiness of the females of Israel (they have to marry within their own tribe – not whomever they wish), but that he also wants females to give up anything they’ve obtained to their husbands when they get married. What this points to is more control by the males of the civilization over the females, again pointing to the possibility of a man-made religion.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/23/2013 8:31:55 AM

Double

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/23/2013 8:31:55 AM

I don't need a reference, ask any Ethiopian about the tradition. Although it's becoming more and more common in this modern era it is still heavily looked down on by the society and elders.

Marcus Garvey thoughts.......

Quote:

"marcus garvey wrote:

"The Universal Negro Improvement Association advocated the uniting and blending of all Negroes into one strong, healthy race. It is against miscegenation and race suicide."

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/23/2013 4:40:55 PM

<
KING selassie speaks of the African race specifically.

"Until We AFRICANs are free...... The continent of Africa will not see peace">

True, Africans won't know peace, nor will any other country. Berhane spoke of Africa as that is his home country but it's the same for me as well.

Berhane, and His Majesty, also spoke, "..Until the color of a man's skin, is no more significance than the color of his eyes, there is war."
+++++++++++++++++++
As for "Inter racial breeding", my Idren are sort of half breeds. InI white, she was Philippine. That speaks of physical lineage only. The problem isn't in inter racial, it is in inter faith. A true Rasta should never consider marrying a non-Rasta, or anyone that doesn't understand Jah RastafarI. That is more important than skin color. InI was in babylon when married, but her heart was never in it and flew away.

InI read posts from some wombmen with obvious hearts for Jah, here on this forum, that melt my heart. If Jah sent me someone like that as Empress, InI would be eternally grateful. I wouldn't care the age, skin color, number of wrinkles, love is in the heart, not the body. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt (& 3 wonderful Idren).

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/23/2013 5:44:10 PM

I've never heard about the forbidden rule against the mixing of ethnic groups in Ethiopia. I guess I'm surprised because I not only speak to Ethiopians on a daily basis, I've lived there as well, and this is not something I've heard of or observed.

What do you mean by ethnic groups? do you consider the Amhara, Oromo, and Tigray people to be of different ethnicity?; what about the Afar, Harari, or Gambela?....I'll stop there, although there are many more. Is an Ethiopian and a Nigerian of the same ethnicity? These people don't consider themselves to be the same ethnicity, yet they do intermarry, and as far as I know this has been going on for a long long time.

Now I would agree that there are probably some elders who might encourage their kids to keep it in the tribe, but nevertheless the term forbidden does not apply as a law in the country be it spoken or written. Although, I've never even met an elder who came out and said this.

Were Makeda and Solomon of the same ethnic group?

Sorry to create debate, but without the truth what do we have?

Selam

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/24/2013 6:14:16 PM

ethnic? Slanderous ethnic? AFRICANS is the word i use. BUN Tribalism. If you cant overstand that simple concept a just so. Go and reason to Marcus Garvey.

Dust off that old Destruction of the Black Civilasation and tell me about African tribalism, how it reach so.

And you proved my point. Them ELDER Ethiopians you wereNT dealing with on a daily basis, their concept of keeping it in the race.... you think they would amalgamate with the arab the mongoloid or the caucasian? Well if that were so, the children wouldnt turn out so 'ethnic'. Even the Beta Israelites in Jerusulem a follow the same rule, through their Ethiopian culture and Solomonic Jewish culture. Im obviously dealing with Ethiopian tradition, not modern babylon Democratic and nah overs / long time fight against Haile Selassie I version of Ethiopia.... Ethiopians HISTORICALLY have been one of the most genetically genealogically indiginious to Garveys Africa. And That still includes a mix up of many different Tribes, ina one African people.

Rasta...A 2013 and we still have to define black and african? One drop of blood, with the acceptance and declaration.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/27/2013 7:29:17 PM

<<"Rasta...A 2013 and we still have to define black and african? One drop of blood, with the acceptance and declaration.">>

“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, UNTIL THE COLOR OF A MAN'S SKIN IS OF NO MORE SIGNIFICANCE THAN THE COLOR OF HIS EYES. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.”

-Jah Ras TafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I