Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5378&start_row=1

Inter racial breeding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2013 8:02:34 AM

we are all equals in the eyes of jah.

but my question is what do ones and ones think or feel about inter racial breeding? it don't matter? Or it's wickedness? Burn racial division? Or who ever you in love with a so it go? Is it important or relevant to protect the essence of your bloodline?

- in ETHIOPIA, it is forbidden for any woman to have intimate relations with somebody from a different ethnic group. this is one of the ways they have kept unconquered. And this is an important cultural concept for them. so my personal view would be that of the Abyssinian tradition......

discuss.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/17/2013 10:37:10 AM

I man burn inter racial breeding widin de rasta community. Mi just cant overs how a person can say black n proud if he or she not proud to have a sexual patner n offsprings dat are black like him. I n I black race haffe flourish n itinue wit existance. Blessed love still.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2013 11:20:19 AM

Well I agree with you my lord. but there's nuff inter racial relation and breeding In The rastafari community. Interesting to see their viewpoint . I hope this isn't a topic which people will shy from.....

Messenger: Sister Sent: 11/17/2013 4:03:14 PM

Greetings

Full respect to those that show love for their culture and traditions and love within their own people. An ispiration also to see a true union of cultures within one shared experience of love and marriage. Some strong views on this matter, for completely different reasons, exist, for example those below from a well-known European.

He believed in natural evolution, but he also believed in special creation. He believed that Adam and Eve were created by God in his image, but he also believed that not all of us are descended from Adam and Eve. To be more specific, Hitler believed that the Aryan race was descended from Adam and Eve, but everyone else evolved naturally.

"The result of all racial crossing is therefore in brief always the following: (a) Lowering of the level of the higher race; (b) Physical and intellectual regression and hence the beginning of a slowly but surely progressing sickness. To bring about such a development is, then, nothing else but to sin against the will of the eternal creator."16 (Hitler tries to define racial intermarriage as defiance of God's will, in exactly the way modern racists do, particularly in the southern American states; indeed, 40% of Alabama voters voted to keep interracial marriage illegal in November 2000)

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 11/18/2013 3:43:27 PM

brotha gravey afrika,
when I think apon breeding dog and cat come to mind, so i will say this. inter racial relations, i have no problems with. this has all to do with the indviuals involved. so long ones an ones are secure in who they are and where they are going. iman was born of a inter racial marrige nad stand firm with I afrikan root and culture. at the same time though, things have come across i mind such as breeding out i afrikan blood throgh race mixing and i get quezzy feeling pon my gut seeing that iman has fathered three youth of a native american mother nad no afrikan, but really those thoughs are nothing but bad minded thoughts that come from others expectaions. the realness of it all , the relations between I and I woman are nothing but devine, that was and is guided by I redeemer Haile Selassie I king of negust. IanI bloodline will always Indure ..so Jah say.
more luv king
Hail fari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/18/2013 11:00:46 PM

I Respect and Iverstand why some people feel this way, but I have nothing against inter racial unions. I Empress is the same race as I, but that is just because she is the Woman Selassie I sent to I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/19/2013 4:14:11 PM

Jahbucki - I said breeding because I was referring specifically to the act of procreation as opposed to any other relations.

Interesting view point..... Is she also a member of the faith? Does she plan on bringing the youths up as Rasta? Other than the bloodline thing there's also the question of clash of cultures.

And Ark-I, give thanks for the response

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/21/2013 12:53:32 AM

it is not the children by physical descent who are JAH's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. -Romans 9:8

what about the half breed people, they must only mate with halfbreeds?!
confusion of the appearance:MAYA
JAHS will is being done, what JAH wills man cannot overstand,
WE do not breed people but JAH breed people and souls)(Satin dont create but corrupts Jahs image we are made in)....
The motives and things operating the movement of bodies(human) is beyond the intellects comprehension... JAHs will be done on earth as it is in the highest heavens, Zion be establissed regardless of what bodies(of humans) thinks should be done. JAH is the Most High power and as He will it is done and freedom has been given to do his will or not to and Jah will reward accordingly those who live accordingly to whats right in the spirit , but the Kings and Queens know no choices, for JAH makes all their choices because they have surrendered to the MOST HIGH and HIS WILL.

It was one human race in the beginning, so it will be in the end. PEACE!

"We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been, more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."- Haile Selassie I -(From the "War" speech)

Does King Selassie here speak of racial group as a people, or a race where there's a start and a finish line?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/22/2013 9:08:54 AM

KING selassie speaks of the African race specifically.

"Until We AFRICANs are free...... The continent of Africa will not see peace"

Marcus Garvey defined an African as anyone with ONE drop of African blood while identifies themself as African. This would apply to mixed race people. As I already said if you would have read my post, Bob Marley is mixed race but defined himself as black / African.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/22/2013 2:36:40 PM

Greetings...

I've got to ask, where'd this come from:

"- in ETHIOPIA, it is forbidden for any woman to have intimate relations with somebody from a different ethnic group. this is one of the ways they have kept unconquered. And this is an important cultural concept for them. so my personal view would be that of the Abyssinian tradition......"

source please...

Selam

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I