Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5377&start_row=1

Purpose Of Gad

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: StevenIrieJahBless Sent: 11/17/2013 6:20:28 AM

What is a purpose of a Gad in rastafari??

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/17/2013 6:42:39 AM

God is any object of iration dat is bein used at a particula time n state to represent de manifestation of de Almighty Creator. De purpose is to act as a reference point fo ones n ones to direct Idem prayers n be iriticaly uplifted. Bless my God.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2013 7:15:38 AM

God?

Or Gad?

God - depends what u mean by god. Nuff rasta don't say the word god because it brings up a Christian minded image of a "he-god" who is the god of Abraham, a jealous god, one who favours the Hebrews, rested on the 7th day. ...., etc. moves in a supernatural way.....some rasta burn that idea of a superpower Christian god personification. That is not to say they don't believe in a divine essence or life energy...... But the wordsound god dem no deal with. Haile selassie we deal....as our king and savour/redeemer. When we see him we see the divinity in ourself, in unconquerable form, free from Babylon, moving in the highest order. Jah........... Rastafari.

As for Gad...... He is one of the main founders of the twelve tribes of Israel movement. A him start the concept of reading the bible 'a chapter a day.' He also started many different concepts and ideologies common to the TTI movement. It was the TTI which initiated many Africans into rasta including Marley and others..... And we could say it was mainly the influence of the TTI which is why rasta has spread so far today...... There's lots of rumours about the character of the man but I'm not inna that at all. He did used to wear one glove like MJ though, lol. And before somebody says - we don't burn the chapter a day concept. It was needed for the heavily Christian minded black people of that era. And even if we don't see the bible as the word of god or a literal translation today, it is still worth studying. Prophet Gad a major player in rasta business

Messenger: StevenIrieJahBless Sent: 11/17/2013 7:01:44 PM

So the purpose of a Gad is to spread the word of rastafari and to bring the 12 tribes together. Is that the purpose?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2013 7:28:31 PM

Once again are you referring to Prophet Gad? Or the Christian God? Or Haile Selassie?

Messenger: Jah son Sent: 11/18/2013 1:35:20 AM

Blessed love

My lord, I think what the I is refering to is the tribe Gad in the bible.. I.e, the twelve tribes of isreal..

If wrong maybe the I could be more clear

Bless

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I