Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=520&start_row=1

The First Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/12/2004 5:50:38 PM

I have ordered the book, just opening up this topic for posts about the words maybe or what ever it may be. Anyone else intrested in buying it? or havve purchased it?

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/13/2004 12:12:46 AM

I have not read this book.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 12/13/2004 10:12:02 AM

Ightes!

I read a review from a Sistren. She said that this book is not really worth reading and ones should instead try to get Elder Douglas Mack's From Babylon to RastafarI.

Selah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/13/2004 10:36:49 AM

Please explain to thee I why it was not worth it. I was reading on other I's sites that it would be a excellent book to read about the Rise of Rastafarianism.

I ordered it, it will be about $17 and thee I need to know why it twas not good so I can save money because I do not have alot of it.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Bro Till Sent: 12/13/2004 12:45:59 PM

This book is written by Helene Lee, right?

well, I didn't read this book, but I read an article of this woman at a german reggae magazine and I wasn't sure if she really knows what she wrote about.
In some points she might be right but there are some points she definetly isn't.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 12/13/2004 12:52:22 PM

Ightes!

You already said it yourselve: It tells about RastafarianISM. The Author is not a Ras and likes to paint a picture full of stereotypes... typical Ism style. The review told from things like Vodoo till the strangest Infos about Howell.
To get an inside view on the early JA Movement the I should check Ras Macks book, he tells about his own experiences... not about an Ism thing.

Selah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/13/2004 2:21:10 PM

True. I wondered about this, now I do not know if I want to purchase it. I overstand that it coming from a nonrasta perspective, but knowledge is knowledge. One question Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I does it give relative information of Ras TafarI, does it explain why?who?when? on Rastafari structure. Is she from Jamaica?(not that it would matter but she would overstand the movement more clearly maybe).

Ive seen a website that had like the hole book online page by page but I can no-longer find it.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/13/2004 7:15:38 PM

Has anyone read the book "Rasta Heart - A journey into one love"?
It is by Robert Roskind

He also wrote Gathering of the Healers: The Healing of the Nations

I found this two books very interesting and can only highly suggest them as well as the 3rd book: Fires of Forgiveness (this is the only one I havent read yet).

The main topis is one love and the author talks about his travels to Jamaica and his experiences, enlightenment and deals with many rastas in Jamaica around 2001-2003. It is very good reading and InI will find many things in it that InI also incorporate or at least are trying to incorporate in InI lifes.

Respect.

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/13/2004 7:16:57 PM

I have not read any of the previously originally mentioned books but will keep the second 1 in mind.

Bergy

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 12/14/2004 1:21:23 PM

Ightes!

I don't know what the book The First Rasta is really about. I just know from this Nyahbinghi Sista that this is not the best book for a Rasta.... Rasta should learn from Rasta! Check elder Mack's book!

Selah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I