Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5168&start_row=71

sabbath

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/8/2015 2:30:03 PM

i still keep it holy from friday to saturday

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 4:43:44 PM

Most High

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/8/2015 7:41:15 PM

I view the number 7 as very important, representing completion and Holiness. In the Bible, 7 is represented 860 times.. The Bible, as a whole, was originally written in 7 major sectors. 1 - the Law; 2 - the Prophets; 3 - the Writings or Psalms; 4 - the Gospels and Acts; 5 - the General Epistles; 6 - the Epistles of Paul; 7 - the book of Revelation. The total number of originally inspired books was forty-nine, or 7 x 7, demonstrating the absolute perfection of the Word of JAH. I see the Sabbath day as Saturday. The last day of the 7 day 'strong'[week].. I see SUNday as the first day, the rising sun.. Time to wake and work.. To I, this iterates the confusion and demonic perversion of babylonian society. Making people feel the need to rest on the 1st day, recovering from the partying on the 7th day... Burn that..
For those operating within the construct of a 7 day strong, remembering the Sabbath day can be very beneficial. Allowing time for rest and reflection in the name of JAH.. I recognize that not everyone works with a 7 day strong, thus further aligning I with the idea that everyday should be kept Holy; resting and reflecting when needed.. To I, it is beneficial to work within the groundation of an especially Holy Sabbath day.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/9/2015 5:28:51 PM

i started sabbath day yesterday with some nice tunes. suoercat - jah run things, jah paradise, jah bible. burro banton - bible again. warrior king - sababth day. macka b - so many things. macka b - bible reader. papa levy - mi god mi king. yellowman - prayer. yellowman - fools go to church on sunday. josey wales - jah jah mi guiding star. josey wales - jah jah move. tony rebel - nazareen vow. count ossie - so long. dennis brown - so long. sizzla - white god. capleton - slew dem.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/9/2015 6:05:49 PM

Nice

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/9/2015 6:06:14 PM

You know Who/Slew Dem a straight Beenie man diss lol

IRIE

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/9/2015 9:06:13 PM

yeah. remembered that. lol. i've just checked the last tunes i've listened on firday night. well i was in meditation mood. it were the last minutes before sabbath day officially began. i'm not a selector anyway.

personally, i'm really a foundation guy. late 70s - mid 80s. that's my time. u roy, lone ranger, ranking joe, dennis alcapone, big youth, i roy, jazzbo, toyan, nicodemus, yellow, fathead, purple, metro, smiley culture, lady ann, sister nancy, squidley, ranking trevor, dominic, burro, josey, lui lepke, lee van cleef, superman & spiderman, peter ranking & general lucky, clint eastwood, cocoa tea, frankie paul, trees, echo, barrington levy, sugar minott, billy boyo, oh lord, dr. alimantado, charlie chaplin, tippa lee & ranking roberts, papa levy, saxon sound ...that's my stuff. love the oldschool era. even 90s and 2001-2004. but dancehall is not what it was before. in my view, reggae needs to come back to the dancehall.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 5/16/2015 4:29:48 PM

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/16/2015 5:17:52 PM

A great video. I learned a lot and further confirmed previously held knowledge. Beautiful. Praises Priest Isaac and Bobobinghi Jahcub!

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Aklila Kedan Sent: 5/17/2015 9:52:38 AM

Give thanks for sharing Bobobinghi.
Useful teachings.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I