Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5168&start_row=41

sabbath

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/18/2014 10:58:34 PM

Haha good point bredren, about the preacher. Religion gets ironic doesn't it?

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/31/2014 4:17:39 AM

ETHIOPIAN BLACK INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS CHURCH OF DIVINE SALVATION

NATIONAL CREED

Glory be to our Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy one of creation as JAH was in the beginning is now and ever shall be JAH world without end. So we hail our GOD SELASSIE I JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI our almighty GOD JAH RASTAFARI great and terrible GOD JAH RASTAFARI is the ALMIGHTY GOD. JAH who sitteth in ZION and reign in the hearts of all flesh. O THOU MOST HIGH ETERNAL FATHER JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI hear us and bless us O LORD Keep and sanctify us all, cause thy Holy Face to shine upon us thy children so we shall be saved and redeemed. O THOU MOST HIGH GOD JAH RASTAFARI.

To our KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS conquering LION of the tribe of JUDAH elect of GOD AND LIGHT of this world his own divine majesty EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I, first ancient KING OF CREATION KING ALPHA AND QUEEN OMEGA beginning with out end and first with out last protectorate of all human faith and RULER of the UNIVERSE. So we hail our GOD SELASSIE I JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI our almighty GOD JAH RASTAFARI great and terrible GOD JAH RASTAFARI is the ALMIGHTY GOD, JAH who sitteth in ZION and reign in the hearts of all flesh. O THOU MOST HIGH ETERNAL FATHER JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI. Hear us and bless us O LORD. Keep and sanctify us all and cause thy HOLY FACE to shine upon us thy children, so we shall be saved and redeemed, O THOU MOST HIGH GOD JAH RASTAFARI.

PRINCE and PRINCESS shall come out of EGYPT we ETHIOPIANS shall stretch forth our hands and hearts unto GOD, O THOU GOD OF ETHIOPIAN his own DIVINE MAJESTY. Thy spirit come to all dwelling paths of righteousness lead us, help us to forgive that we must be forgiven, teach us love, loyalty on earth as in ZION. Endure us with thy wisdom, knowledge and understanding to do thy will. Thy blessing to us, the humble be feed, thy naked clothed, sick nourished, age protected, and infants cared for. Deliver us from the hands of our enemies that we shall be fruitful in these last days, when enemies have passed and decayed, depths of the seas, depths of the earth and bowels of the beast. O give us all a place in thy kingdom forever and ever. So we hail our GOD SELASSIE I JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI our Almighty GOD JAH RASTAFARI great and terrible GOD JAH RASTAFARI is the Almighty GOD. JAH who sitteth in ZION and reign in the heart of all flesh. O THOU MOST HIGH ETERNAL FATHER JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI hear us and bless us O LORD keep and sanctify us all , and cause thy HOLY FACE to shine upon us thy children so we shall be saved and redeemed O THOU MOST HIGH GOD JAH RASTAFARI.

As we lift our eyes unto the hills from whence cometh our help, our help cometh from the LORD who created ZION and EARTH. JAH will not suffer our foot to be moved. He that keepeth us shall not slumber, behold he that keepeth ISRAELITES shall neither slumber nor slept, our LORD is our keeper, our LORD is the shade upon thy right hand. By JAH protection the sun shall not smite us by day nor the moon by night. Our LORD shall preserve us from all evil, JAH shall preserve our souls, our LORD GOD JAH RASTAFARI shall preserve us going out and coming in from this time henceforth and forever more. So we hail our GOD SELASSIE I JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI our Almighty GOD JAH RASTAFARI great and terrible GOD JAH RASTAFARI is the ALMIGHTY GOD. JAH who sitteth in ZION and reigneth in the hearts of all flesh. O THOU MOST HIGH ETERNAL FATHER JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI hear us and bless us O LORD keep and sanctify us all and cause thy Holy Face to shine upon us thy children so we shall be saved and redeemed O THOU MOST HIGH GOD JAH RASTAFARI.

Our FATHER who art in ZION, hallowed be thy name thy kingdom come, thy will be done in EARTH as it is in ZION, give us this day our daily bread, so let the words of our mouth and the meditation of our hearts be acceptable in thy sight O JAH our strength and our redeemer, JAH who sitteth in ZION and reign in the hearts of all flesh, O thou MOST HIGH ETERNAL FATHER JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI hear us and bless us O LORD keep us and sanctify us all, cause thy Holy Face to shine upon us thy children so we shall be saved and redeemed, O THOU MOST HIGH GOD JAH RASTAFARI.

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI !!!

A PERPETUAL COVENANT FROM THAT TIME TO
THIS TIME THE SABBATH TO BE KEPT HOLY

HOLY EMMANUEL I, SELASSIE I, JAH RASTAFARI:

Blessed Love MY LORD and EMPRESS

Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. Exodus 20 &31, Leviticus 25. This mean to say this day was created for sons and daughters to keep it holy. This day is for everyone to keep it. No money spending on this day, from 6 p.m. Friday evening to 6 p.m. Saturday evening, the day must be kept holy. No work is to be done on this day, this is a day of service. It is a bless day for everyone to keep it holy. We attend service, that is to say we take our Bible and go aside and read. Whether in the tabernacle or in your bedroom you must keep this day holy, all you have to do is provide your meal from Friday, so as to have everything ready on this day, Saturday the seventh day. You fast from Friday midnight until Saturday midday then you would eat your meal. This is for the house of Israelite the Lord's day to keep it holy. HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI.

The evil world tell you that Sunday is the day of worship, this is the imperialism and colonialism way of worship, that cannot lead you to God but to death; the way of society and Christianity. this is Satan way of worship, the X world teaching which leads to six foot six.

You should choose R for R is right, for R can save life, the man of right can save life. Not Satan who kill you daily. All people in the world should keep the Sabbath Day holy. for God is in flesh. (1st Epistle St. John ch. 4) Christ is in flesh, Black God is in flesh. not dead like the white one who is on the cross. We are the sons and daughters of the Black Christ. When you see yourself you see Christ , when you love yourself you love Christ. for God is love, let us all love. Black people turn to the Sabbath for by keeping the Sabbath you have eternal life.

Give thanks for the teaching of the Man of R, the Black Christ in flesh, King Emmanuel the 7th Adoni-I God JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/1/2014 9:16:21 PM

Salutations of peace, love and Inity I blessed beteseb. Iman always wanted to ask a question concerning Sabbath. What Iman sight is that the 7th day according to the Irator can be 1 second but also 1 billion Earthly days, that is for I and I all unknown. This is ofcourse with any day but since I and I reason about Sabbath which is the day the Irator rested on after Irating the Iniverse according to the Ible, Iman only mentioned the 7th day. The Ible itself is not speaking about the Irator's day but Iman interpret it this way because it would be unlikely in Iman eyes if His day is I and I Earthly day. One other last thing Iman want to add is that the number 7 is pronounced as Sebat in Amharigna, Amharic. That shows the relation between the words: Sabbath and Sebat.

I question is:

Why I and I hold the holy Sabbath on the 7th Earthly day called Sunday in English and Ehud in Amharigna while, the great Irator Irated the Earth on the 7th day according to His own day and not our own day which is the Earthly day?

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/2/2014 6:14:29 AM

Iman hope I will receive at least some responds.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/2/2014 6:28:42 AM

I like this. And have always had a problem believing the earth and all within was created in seven (earthly) days. Just not true.....

one day to jah is like 1000 to man

I agree with the I. But most people just sight the sabbath as a day of spiritual reflection, or to remember jah ahead of their worldly worries which may take priority for the other 6 days. Others, sight that everyday should be a sabbath not one day over the rest but an intinual struggle to get 'closer' to jah.

And sabbath and sebat are similar because amharic is a semitic languages with roots in hebrew and the English get it from the greek who themself borrowed from the hebrew. The hebrew word is sabat, strongs H7676. But unlike in ethiopia the hebrew for seven isnt sabat, but shiva.... so 7/sabbath/sebet all sharing the same meaning and wordsound is a new thing (amharic itself being a fairly new language)

Hope this answers your question. The answer is you are right for that deh Fiyah!

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/2/2014 7:00:12 AM

Yes I misgana Garvey's Africa for the I thoughts. As I said formerly it is unkown how long HIM's day are. And Iman know because Amharigna is a Semitic language Hebrew and Amharic might have very similar words. Hebrew is not the only Semitic language having similar words with Amharic but so is Arabic. Laelit is night in Amharic and Lailat is night in Arabic. This is just one of the many examples.

I would apprecilove it really much if more Idren and Istren will respond to Iman question.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/2/2014 10:00:15 AM

People jus a follow what was given to dem, dem before did so dey do it. When I make it home later I go quote from an Ethiopian writer dealin with linguistics on d origin of the sabbath from d Nile Valley

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 6/2/2014 12:20:00 PM

Cool VoodooRuutz Iman is curious.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/2/2014 7:27:34 PM

The Westminster Review of the Septenary Institutions wrote that 'the week of six days and the seventh, the Saba or Sapta period, is of the highest antiquity... when Moses instituted the Yom-Saba or Sabbath day, the allegory of The Lord God resting from his work of creation on the seventh day, but was a cloak, as the Zohar expresses it, a screen to hide the true meaning' ... Modern archeologist have stressed that as in Hebrew 'Sab' also meant "grey headed men" 'and that therefore the Saba-day was the day on which the "grey headed men" or "aged fathers" were in the habit of assembling for council or sacrifices' at the KaBa, the ancient Ka-Ba-RA's black stone. Is it then surprising that the original hieroglyphic word Saba which meant "people of the spirit force", should still mean "person" as in the Ge'ez or "mass of people" as in the Oromo.
"Tsegaye Gabre-Medhin", African Origin of the Major World Religions

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/2/2014 8:41:46 PM

One cannot speak of the benifits of taking Sabbath weekly if one does not do so.
In this world man has to toil, not just for him or her self but for others, Jesus came not for self , Ras Tafari came not for self but for others, and becoming one weigh them serving JAH as Self.

When toiling in Babylon for survival 24/7 Jah commands take a break with I, set aside all things , get in spirit, the father of creation knows one on one time with each child is quality time, and Jah ....

Sabbath is for mankind and not mankind for Sabbath, Sabbath is for creation and to serve INI and be of benefit as are all 10 commandments of Moses

To change this world is taking blood sweat and tears, to make a better way for this world's and its inhabitants JAH FREEDOM FIGHTERS must endure, not burning out but taking those much needed rests.......no restoration without rest.....from this silence and peace comes all powerfully vision and motivation and energy for the actions to be taken and progression take place as The King and Queen of Zion speak so it goes and will be...who has ears let them hear , who has eyes let them see

Shallom

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I