Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=514&start_row=31

? bout Nyahbinghi

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/28/2004 11:09:44 PM

respect

Messenger: johnbravar Sent: 9/16/2006 2:46:30 PM

Nyahbinghi to believe in the Holy Bible but concerning Jesus we do not, We do Use the title Christ for verious reasons but we do not believe in Jesus. There is no evidence that Jesus lived but there is proof the Bayna-Lehkem lived. If one studies the roots of christianty one can easily find the pagan fabrication. Nyahbinghi at least the way I was taught is Judaic and very strict about the whole christ thing, example from our pray(due respect to the KING) Glory unto I Father Jah Glory unto I the Son and Glory unto the Hola Spirit.(Empress state Daughter) InI am a part of the Trinity showing us that we to are divine if only we can unlock it in other words becoming christ like or godlike. You must also bare in mind that most of the brothers are self-professed and are false sheeps. Reason with an Elder at the nearest Nyahbinghi Tabernacle in your area because they know more about True Mystic Nyahbinghi than layman Rastas or raggamuffins. If one does not read the bible the what was the point of Haile Sellassie I saying "read the bible for yourselves' or 'I glory in the Bible." One thing for sure about Nyahbinghi is the strict lifestyle that detours outsiders from joing, if one does not follow the livity of Nyahbinghi simple enough they are not Nyahbinghi. If you have more questions mail me at inculis@yahoo.com I have compelled lots of information about Nyahbinghi Livity such as dress code ital-livity prayers fasting and mystic experiences.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/16/2006 5:28:17 PM

yeah, we don't need to say bad things. but then again shit is not bad, in my view. I feel that those who feel a way about that expression have a problem. isn't shit that natural thing that comes out of the body when food is done digesting, then it becomes manure for the plants?
the expression is just a comparison, saying that the thing being spoken of does not smell too nice.
i say, we are not here to be politicians, cuz as Charles Barkley says, no matter what you say half the people will like it and half will not.
just take it as it was intended.
i just see it as a colourful form of expression. it has a joke in it, to be light and full of levity in the reasoning. clearly it is a joke and not meant to be taken literally when we use these types of speech.
there is no reason to take it as malice, or to say it is self-centered. in fact, whcn people get offended it is because they are self-centered and don't take the time to agree to culture.
it's just love, nothing more.
shit, my lord, you don't know that?
shit

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 9/19/2006 2:04:38 PM

"The propagation of the Christian Faith among the nations has become a task of paramount importance in this age…. We have labored that the Holy Scriptures and the books left to us by the Church Fathers be multiplied by means of modern printing techniques and be distributed to all. This age above all ages is a period in history when it should be our prime duty to preach the Gospel of grace to all our fellow men and women. The love shown in Christ by our God to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ to do all in our power to see to it that the Message of Salvation is carried to those of our fellows for whom Christ our Savior was sacrificed but who have not had the benefit of hearing the Good News…. Therefore, O Christians, let us arise and, with the spiritual zeal and earnestness which characterized the Apostles and early Christians, let us labor to lead out brothers and sisters to our Savior Jesus Christ, Who only can give life in its fullest sense!"

His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I at the World Evangelical Congress in 1966

Give thanks for the reasonment johnbravar. I seek to achieve humble overstanding of His Majesty.
What does the I make of the above speech given by His Majesty? Why would he say "our Savior Jesus Christ"?

Bless

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/22/2006 10:20:33 PM

Hey man. It is against the rules to call people out like that. Now the place get too quiet.
No straight talk about Jesus, okay. Only circles, and then get back to the war talk. We wasting precious time we could be ridiculing the light skinned brethren with foolish talk.
How can we keep the racism and war talk going if you people keep bringing up Jesus Christ and saying real things about him?
There is no talk of preaching the gospel here, okay.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/23/2006 4:38:34 AM

Blessed Love

I do not want to reason on Jesus, and if it's true that there is more evidence for Menelik I, or if we should ignore all HIM statements about Jesus. As it seems there are different experiences. My experiences in the House and Ifficial Iyahbinghi Ilabrations are different.

But I thought maybe I n I could reason about the beginnings of Nyahbinghi in JA. I often read about it, but I haven't found yet anyone who could give some insider knowledge. unfortunately.
So what you know about the 9th Street Trenchtown Boanerges? And what happened since? I heard about a split of the house in the seventies. Where is this split now? What is this about the Judah Coptics, and why is the House nowadays not called like that anymore, but only Nyahbinghi? When was the time the Nyahbinghi House like we know it today started? Because in the early days of Watto it seemed to be different.

Iformation is so much apreciloved!

Selah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 9/24/2006 1:01:15 PM

Wait a minute. I feel we hit an important point here.
Remember, the above statement was not made by I, it was made by H.I.M. Therefore it should be be part of I and I livity right?

Bro Dominiq,
Is the I contemplating ignoring statements made by His Majesty about Yeshua? Why would Rasta ignore anything that came straight from JAH's mouth.
Now I really don't overstand. Everyone want to follow His Majesty, but no one want to listen to HIM.

reason forward......

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/24/2006 1:47:48 PM

Ises

Please, who ever you are, do not twist around the words in I mouth. My statement was directed at that of Johnbravar, who stated that Nyahbinghi House does not follow Jesus Christ. As Iman do not know the man's personal Iditation pon that, I do not feel right to argue about it. All I wanted to say is, that of course His Imperial majesty taught I n I about his first advent Yeshuah Ha Masheakh, and I tried to point out, that I experienced a very great apreciation for Yeshuah in all Ifficial Iyahibingh House Ilabration which I have attended. That is because it is called HIM Theocracy.

And please do not make it seem as if I do not listen to HIM words. Believe me I am a keen student on all of HIM speeches through all days of HIM stepping this earth.

But I also have to aprecilove that JAH, in his love for diversity, has different revelations for different people, in order to fulfill his divine plan. I cannot speak for other people, but can only live the best for Iself.

I came about too much self-praise in RastafarI, in which the split between different Houses has originated. Because everyone claims he has the own true revelation, and doing this with a disrespectful arrogance.
Yes I know HIM words on Yeshuah, that is why I, like you, cannot ignore it. But though, it would be a catholic-like splitting, if you proclaimed that all who do not sight your view, are going against RASTAFARI. Apreciate the diversity, learn from the things you feel can help you, and stay humble.

blessed LOVE
SELAH

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 9/25/2006 11:13:19 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I mis-overstood the I's last post.

Bless

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/27/2006 3:29:13 AM

Blessed Love,

This quote, along with others, has lead many to believe that this is reason enough to debase Rastafari theology. There are several things that arise from this that we have to think about first!

First off, the reason His Majesty speaks like this is for one obvious reason, He's a Christian. I don't know why people are so shocked to here things like this. If His Majesty claimed to be a Christian and didn't say these things wouldn't that be contradictory? Haile Selassie is not a Rastafari and Jesus Christ is not a Christian. Haile Selassie is the Essence of Rastafari.

"Remember, the above statement was not made by I, it was made by H.I.M. Therefore it should be be part of I and I livity right?"

His Majesty was also and African Mason of the highest degree. Are you going to run over to Kemet and study for 40 years to do the same? His Majesty did many things to make Himself known to different people and groups. What about the other statements made by HIM to InI, like, "Your work is purposful" and the famous, "organize and centralize." His Majestys visit to JA and meetings with Elders confirmed the faith. He didn't say you have to be christian.

"Were the thoughts of Plato and Socrates, the beliefs of Christianity and Judaism not harmonized with Hindu philosophy; were Yoga and its various stages not exposed to Western thought; had Western religion and philosophy not been exposed to the philosophy and religion of the East through Your Excellency's persistent endeavour, how much the poorer would human thought have been!" - I Majesty

"No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration." - I Majesty

"Ethiopia is a country with her own culture and mores. These, our cultures and customs, more than being the legacy of our historical past, are characteristics of our Ethiopianness. We do not want our legacies and traditions to be lost. our wish and desire is that education develop, enrich, and modify them."

"Above all, Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of the equality of all men, irrespective of differences of race, colour or creed.

As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found.

As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion.

As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds." Haile I

"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by." Black Majesty

"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God."

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and council of God will bear no lasting fruits; they will not be acceptable in the sight of God. It will therefore come to naught as the tower of Babel came to naught. The grace of God is Eternal. Angels in Heaven and the Creation on Earth sing His Praise . We thank the Master of the world Almighty God. Power belongs to God. May God Our Creator, the Helper and Guiding Light of us all grant you His Wisdom that you may bear fruits for His Glory."

And just for balance....

"The love shown by our God to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ, to do all in our power to see to it that the message of salvation is carried to those of our fellows who have not had the benefit of hearing the good news."

Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I