Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=492&start_row=11

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/24/2012 2:27:51 AM

Ignorance ...A form of it is illusion, deluisio beleiving what is false to be true.. babylon. What was right in one context is not right in another context.

Its was a right thing to do back then to have many wives and children. I and I had so much land and 15 children could grow their own food and more and work and unplift the family.

I dont see the right context to be having so many children and wives....Maybe a few ancient tribes in africa have their land and right condition for 15 children, but since Christ came to earth that way is no longer , we are in a new age, pices, the fish, christ sybolizes this, and we cannot live like we did in other times.

what is right in one situation is not right in another situation or time. Seen?

This is why many thing Christ says are contradicting.
We are not robots and what is right in one time or place is not right but its wrong to do in another place or time.

He may be taking right action but not right timing.

Its not time to multiply and populate the world, we are on another level now. maintaining. And a tree cannot stand and maintin with out its roots. Eat there of the fruit of wisdom from the tree of life. We are wisdom, and wisdom is many seeds to be planted and spread. Sweet is Jah word.

We now must mnot pultiply and increase, there are plenty of fish, we must be fishers of men. brings the sheo hone to the good sheperd.

"I hear Jah Jah calling, calling all his children saying come on home to Zion"

Jah will be done. Rastari will not stop having children is it is Jahs will and because we no eat seedless foods, you are what you eat, I and I not gonna be mutated living Ital, I and I not going become a mutant and sterile from toxicity, chemicles, and all sorts of spiritual mental and physical impuritys. I and I have overcome. '

John 14 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I feel its not worth arguing over between man and man.....but between each man and Jah should a isse like this be worked out and jahs will be done. whats jahs will for one man is not jahs will for another. No one else has same will from jah as bob marley and Solomon and notall men have a will fro jah to have many wives. not all ones have a will to be celebate rastafri monks.

Whats Jahs will is not written on a piece of paper but on the heart of all. that will is the law of life and our life. To break that law and not do that will is death and sin and breaking our own heart and only source of suffering anfd grief.

Ignorance is only sin? Yes ingorance of Jahs will.

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 5/29/2012 6:08:12 AM

The focus still seems to be on the past tense and how it applies now. Nothing under the sun is new. What was working back then can stil lwork now. InI personally don't see a problem with having more than one wife as long as you can maintain it. What HIM left us with was a model to how to live accordingly in faith and truth, but remember it is still up to us as individuals to collectively find what can govern us the best. For some people being single is the best solution. There still is fruit that one can bring to the masses to educate them without the benefits of a wife. Ancient customs like murder, prostitution, and thievery existed but were always condemned. Polygamy wasn't encouraged for selfish pruposes, but for familial purposes. When one exercises on lustful intentions, then problems abound, such as homosexuality being one of them. BTW even the scriptures originated from Africa thru the Book of Coming Forth By Day and the Laws of Maat.
Live in the Livity.
As told by Yosefu the Storyteller

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 6/24/2012 3:07:46 PM

Jah let Thy will be I delight,
All the days of I life,
Let Thy law be I light,
For I and I wife,
Let Thy will be our might,
Against all strife,
Let Thy love shine in us bright,
Against all rife,
Keep our friendship tight,
As the flute and fife,
Bless our children with insight,
Piercing as a knife,
O let our hearts be upright!
Every day and every night.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 6/24/2012 3:26:39 PM

Messenger: chica Sent: 6/27/2012 6:00:12 PM

Consider the following bible scripture: Matthrew 19:4. In the new testament gospel, Jesus also makes reference to Genesis 1:27 where it says "the 2 shall become one flesh." It does not say "more than one flesh." It says "one flesh." Sounds to me like Jesus is promoting monogamy

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 7/7/2012 7:21:57 AM

one flesh is refers to oneness of 2 persons so i man go wit de idea of one partner bless up

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I