Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4909&start_row=1

fighting

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 9/29/2012 10:36:39 AM

If me get inna fight me run right? unless me cornered but selassie cant be cornered so him would guide i to beat the opressor up seen?

please tell i what to do

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/29/2012 12:17:36 PM

I and I should always do I and I utmost to maintain and foster peace, but if a situation arises where I and I must defend I and Iselves, I would say that I and I must use all means neccessary. Whether that is words or actions is up to Ones and Ones depending on the situation, but I personally have found that I and I can avoid fights entirely through the use of Word Sound and Power. Even before I knew anything of RastafarI, people would come and try to fight I just because they were looking for a fight. They'd come with three or four people and try and rough I up, but if they punched I in the face, I wouldn't let it knock I down and just stood and asked them 'Now what?' because they wanted a reaction out of I so they could beat I down. Sometimes I didn't hold Iself and attacked them back, but with four on one, I could never win that one and just got beaten badly. Even if it felt good to bloody their noses back, the bruises and cuts and humiliation felt worse.

These days, I approach has evolved. When people come to I with an agressive intention, I don't bow, but I don't get violent at all unless they make it clear they mean to do I serious psyical harm, in which case, I will use any means to prevent that, which might involve doing them serious physical harm. That is only self defence, and His Majesty shows I and I through His actions that self defence is sometimes neccessary. Just last night I was reading how He manned a machine gun for two days at the Battle of Maichu against the Italians. If His Majesty can slew agression with a machine gun, then I and I can throw a punch or two in the defence of I and Iselves. I try to maintain calm and Reason with any aggressoras on a level of love and overstanding and normally that disarms them completely and I end up Reasoning with them. Some keep getting agressive, so I might use a more firey approach and be more cutting in I words by telling them about themselves and their folly in bringing agression to a peaceful man. Then it is normally a matter of them loosing steam and backing off when they see I won't be easy for them. Some people are just determined though, and if someone is intent on harming I and I, then by all means run if that is the prudent option, like if they have a machete or something and the I just has a bag of Ital food. If its a fair fight, by all means beat them too, because I think as long as I and I have a just cause, the Most High will forgive I and I for violent acts in self defence.

Just be careful in babylon still, because these days they will try and prosecute some people for self defence, and I and I still don't have too many friends in their legal system.

Blessed love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/29/2012 1:28:13 PM

One thing de I should remember about fighting is dat in most cases (except when under drugs) de aggressor is well prepared n ready fo de fight. Also de aggressor tend to have de desire to brutalise n even kill sometimes. De aggressor tend to be posessed by evil spirit at dat moment of aggression dats why him ready to take de fight to de next stage if him lose. My question to de I is: are u de aggressor? Are u ready fo dat fight? Are u aware dat fighting can lead to murder? Are u prepared to commit murder? Are u ready to handle it when de aggresser takes de fight to de next stage like usin of wepons like guns n juju? De aggressor is in a deep bloody meditation, so bcareful. I man don't know if Jesus realy existed like him potrayed in de bible but I know dat if dere 's something I n I haffe learn from de Jesus character is humbleness n pacifism. Remember prophets like Mahatma Gandhi n Martin Luther king jr. Only Jah Jah love can stand disya judgement. Selah.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 9/29/2012 6:47:15 PM

Yes I Black Heart, words of wisdom. If someone is intent on agression, there is not much that will stop them unless I and I can undermine the reasons for that agression through Word Sound.
Its interesting that the I should bring drugs into it as well Idren, because recently its only been those on some form of drugs who seem to test I. Either its alcohol and they just have a lot of false confidence, or its cocaine and they think they are the greatest thing on earth. Or even worse if its both, because then they think they are invincible.
I had an incident with one such man recently who was harrassing the Sister I was with, so I spoke into the mans ear and told him about himself, how he had come into a Roots dance and was being disrespectful to RastafarI, by shouting His name during the music, and harrassing RastafarI people in the breaks, but the man just gave I more disrespect and started hassling a Bobo Idren and a next man, who did the same thing. The drugs made the man foolish though, so he didn't stop after that and just kept on like he was trying to provoke a fight. He was so blind he didn't realise that he was surrounded by Rastaman though, so the Bobo Idren, his Idren and Iman confronted him and told him to calm himself. Unfortunately he came with some racist talk to the Bobo Idren, and ended up getting dragged out the dance by his neck before the security kicked him out.
Humbleness and love have their place and they should always be I and I first tools, but in reality, I and I should at least be aware that the world is not running on the same Icepts, and plenty of people will take I and I meekness for weakness and try to prey on I and I. Normally meekness is the answer still, but there does come a time I think when I and I have to take action to preserve I and I lives, whether that is by running, or by meeting force with force and overcoming, whatever the outcome. If a man is trying to kill I, I will kill him before he can kill I if it comes to that, but if it has to go so, I will pray for him still, because I am no murderer.

It is interesting to consider also that all the people the I mentions were met with violence and death when they came with peace. Something I have been Reasoning with youths about recently is how I and I confront that when it comes. Do I and I in this time present I and Iselves before the aggressors and accept their false judgement like the man Yeshua? Or do I and I stand up and resist it? Some people are saying that I and I should have an organised means to defend I and Iselves in babylon. What do Ones and Ones think of this?

Blessed love

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 9/29/2012 6:57:56 PM

organised mind definatelly helped i, i had an organized mind from d herb
after being brutally introduced into bayblon and dem system cames i fragile mind was disrupted and no more peace my connection with herb was damaged.

definatelly an organised, efficient mind is well worth the time

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I