Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=485&start_row=1

The 1974 Mutiny

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/11/2004 2:57:24 PM

The 1974 Mutiny

The following informations are a summary from Wilhelm Lockot's "The Mission" and other sources.

First of all one has to know, that the revolutionary preparations come from two directions.
First, from the Capital itself. In the early 70s the whole Sahel Zone was in big problems, erosion, de-forestation, famine... all that cost much money and broght the Inflation also to Ethiopia. The foreign powers who waited for a long time to make Ethiopia to their instrument in the cold war, now saw that as their chance. They spread anti-Government Propaganda to bring up the people against their King. It is proofed, that many of the University-demonstration-leader were paid by foreign Embassies from the east and the west. And the students who took part in such demonstration got meals or other things for free. So there one can see the big interest of the foreign Powers to create a anti-Selassie I mood in the Capitle, from where they wanted a Revolution to start.
But although the population was angry because of the Inflation, and that all those who had official-positions couldn't be paid... what created a dangerous mood among the teacher, police and army, which just waited to be stirred up by foreign propaganda... HIM succeeded again and again through his Speeches to cool down the people, and make them clear, that this was not only the problem of the people but also of the Government and the whole country(for example even the highest Minister weren't paid more than a head-teacher in a school). The western and eastern world saw, that they could create an anti-government feeling among the urban people, but that those people wouldn't start a revolution.
That brings us to the second direction from where the Revolution came: Eritrea. In that province were the most foreign government activities of the western as well the eastern powers. The armed Rebellion started with the Second Division which was in Eritrea to keep down eritrean rebels. In this Second Division revolutionaries were able, with foreign support, to prepare for a armed government overthrow. When the right time arrived at the end of '63, everything happened very fast. They arrested all government officials in Eritrea and moved down to take the strategic military points of Diredawa and Debre Zeit by surprise. This was the time when HIM had to act, but he did not. His advisors told him to send his trops agains the mutiners before more and more Army divisions join the mutiny. But HIM told them clearly, that he will never again cause a single ethiopian blood drop to be shed, and instead he ordered negotiations.
Due to HIMs refuse to wage a civil war, by the end of February 1974 all military power was in the Hands of the mutiners.
But they didn't overthrow HIM, but officially everything remained as before... HIM reigned and gave orders to his ministries... only the army didn't follow his orders anymore. The Army was not able to govern a country, so they would have lead it into a destructive disaster... that is why HIM remained on the throne. Like Yeshuah when his time hadn't arived yet and nobody was able to touch him.
In the time after February the military organisation of the Derg was formed, and in Summer they felt able to overtake the government. But before they wanted to make shure to have the population not against them, and they decided to take the Famine in Wollow as help. Although all the power had been since February in the hands of the mutiners, they blamed HIM and the Government for the Wollo Famine. They created a faked film which went around the world, on it they showed terrible pictures from Wollo and in between the luxury life of the Imperial Government, which was taken on film long before in very good times of the country. This Film was broadcasted in Addis on 10 Sept, and on the next day, Ethiopian NewYear, a well armed group of soldiers was sent to the Palace to overthrown HIM officially. About this there exists a film, it shows how this armed group walks through the empty palace to HIMs office, where this heavy armed men faced the lonely old short man. One of them then read the official proclamation, you can see how he is shaking and stammering because of fear. The group of soldiers armed with pistols, uzis, grenates, machine guns and so on was frightened to death by a lonely short 83yo man?! HIM was then brought to the Fourth Army Division Camp near the rail road where he stayed until his disappearing in August 1975.

The Famine and Inflation of the early 70s and the Mengistu take-over was the breaking of the third and fourth seals!
"And one of his followers took a sword and choped of the ear of the servant of the Highpriest, but Yeshuah told them, 'Stopp, don't you think my father would send me emmediatly thousands of angels to deliver me from the enemy's hand? But how would then the scriptures be fulfilled?'" Prophecies got fulfilled with the Mutiny of 1974!

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/11/2004 9:25:41 PM

I don't see what happened as the breaking of the third and fourth seal. How is it that the I sees it this way? Could the I explain your reasoning?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/12/2004 8:58:36 AM

Greetings I

Sorry, there is a mistake in it, the "'63" should mean "'73".

Well Ark, the happenings of the third seal is in my bible explained as "famine and inflation". That is the next seal after the second, WWII, imo. When the country suffered from famine and inflation the Derg came riding on the black horse with balances to blame HIM beeing responsible for that. The fourth seal is then the Red Terror, imo. When the Deathrider Mengistu, backed up by the Communists which ruled over a fourth of the earth, killed uncountable Ethiopians(in Rev called saints). And they cried to HIM, but he told them that this tribulation will only end, when the number is full. That was in 1991 after 17 years of Red Terror.

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/15/2004 8:41:19 PM

This is how I site the second, third and fourth seal.

I site that the second seal is talking about Hitler and Mussolini's empire and the war they brought to the world. Causing a lot of fighting and a big war with the different people of the world.

I site the third seal as Communism. They controlled and distributed the wealth of their empire. Rationing food and other things for the people. But because of communism, the European countries wanted to become self-sufficient, so they wouldn't have to depend on Russia to buy things. So the governments subsidized the farmers and they produced a lot. The European countries had mountains of butter and beef, lakes of wine and edible oil, it was too much oil and wine to consume theirself. So they needed to get it off their hand so they sold much of it to Russia and a low price. So the oil and wine was not hurt, but was plentiful. And many people say that this delayed the collapse of Communism by ten years.

I see the fourth seal as babylon, they have come to the world with death and hell. They kill with their weapons (swords). They kill with their sanctions and other forms of economical warfare that starve many nations (hunger). They kill with death by the dead concepts that they teach to others, to encourage them in various deadly matters spiritually, mentally, and physically. Their dead concepts come in many forms. They encourage numerous death mind concepts, for example, refusing the Itinuation of Life by refusing children. They also manufacture death causing products like their drugs, pollution, preservatives, pesticide, herbicides, and all their other chemicals that they distribute to the world. babylon also kills with the beasts of the Earth, which is their machinery of war made of the earth, that destroy from the land, sea and air.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/15/2004 8:45:34 PM

truth

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/16/2004 12:32:50 PM

Yes Iyah
Everybody has his own thoughts about the details of the Revelation, and I think noone can be 100% shure as long JAH didn't reveal it clear. As I sight it, HIMs life is the opening of the seals.
So I look at HIMs life from 1930 onwards, since the coronation HIMs title fulfill Rev 5 prophecy. So the first seal is imo the Fascist Agression 1934 until 1941... when HIM went forth to conquer. The next is Hitler who was allowed to take away the peace from the earth. See the "he was allowed"... it was the fulfillment of HIMs prophecy fyah words at the leage. I say, if mankind had helped JAH against the devilish fascists they wouldn't have been downstroyed in WWII. WWII started with the Ethiopian Incident... the second seal. When I n I now follow HIM life we see that in 1974 the third seal was broken, like I explained. And the next was then Red Terror.

Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/16/2004 1:49:52 PM

its still all good truth.

onelove

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I