Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4822&start_row=1

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/14/2012 2:15:09 PM

I heard you must boil ganja in milk to extract the THC but what will happen if i just boil it in water, will i get any benifits?

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/14/2012 2:26:53 PM

Yes I, the I will get benefits from the minerals and nutrients in the herbs, but the I won't feel high from it.

The I is only half right about needing milk when cooking with herbs, because to get the body to digest and absorb the elements that give the 'high' effect, they have to be suspended in oil, fat or alcohol. So with milk that would be the fat that gives the milk its white colour, but of course milk is not the only thing I and I can use. Any cooking oils will fulfil the same function as long as the cooking process never exceeds 180 degrees centigrade.

But boil up and drink the tea with water if the I so wishes, because its healthy and nutritious still.

Blessed love

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 8/14/2012 2:38:28 PM

maybe use coconut milk?

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/14/2012 2:39:57 PM

all the facts i was looking for Nazarite_I

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/14/2012 2:41:58 PM

does coconut milk have the required fat? and how long must i boil it for?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/14/2012 2:51:32 PM

That is not true, I have used it in water several times, either as a tea, or in baking and it works great.

I have used butter as well (could also use coconut oil), to use in baking, but I have found that when I use water, the effects come faster.

Some people say that butter, oil or some other fat needs to be used because Ganja is fat soluble. But when it is boiled and steeped in water, it doesn't matter that the THC is fat-soluble and not water-soluble, it still melts and spreads throughout the water and works just fine.

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/14/2012 2:55:57 PM

Blessed Love

can you give me a recipe Ark I u put the ground up ganga in the water and then turn the heat on and wait for it to boil? how long do u leave it? ganga boiled in water will get me high?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/14/2012 3:09:10 PM

Yes, I usually cut the Ganja as fine as I can and put it in the cold water and turn on the heat. I will let it simmer for a minimum of 5 minutes, make sure to scrape Ganja that gets stuck to the side of the pot back into the water. If it is boiled for 5 minutes, than it should also be steeped for an hour or several hours, several hours is better. If you don't want to steep it long, boil it for at least 10 minutes.

Also, eating the Ganja as well is best, so that the I doesn't waste any of the THC. Although I have drank it with or without eating the ganja and it works both ways.

For baking, for making muffins for example, figure out the liquid portion needed for the muffins, then boil the ganja with that much water. Some of the water will boil away, so after you are done boiling and steeping, strain out the Ganja (but keep it) and then add the water necessary to get it back to the amount needed in the recipe. Put both the water and Ganja in the muffins (Can use only the water, but it is better with the Ganja as well). Then mix it up and bake it. Bake it at whatever temperature the recipe asks for, it will work fine.

The nice thing about using the Ganja this way, is the THC in the water will start the high sooner than just putting the Ganja directly into the muffin batter, and then when the rest of the herb is digested, the I will get even higher.

One thing that is good to do when ingesting Ganja in any way, is to smoke a spliff about a half and hour after the I eats it. This will start the high right away, and the I will not come down from that high for several hours.

Use a half a gram or full gram per serving. If the I finds that the I wants more next time, then use more.

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/14/2012 3:12:18 PM

bless ark i clear it up for me i am always hard of understanding these things

i will first turn the heat to simmer (not low or high) for 5 mins until it is boiling?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/14/2012 3:13:05 PM

No, turn the heat on until the water starts boiling, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I