Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4806&start_row=1

Being Rasta without Ganja

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GmanUK Sent: 8/8/2012 5:27:09 PM

I have abused ganja for many years but I am now trying to give it up or at least get to a point where I do not need it to abuse it (smoking it 24/7). I still am interested in following the rastafarian movement but cannot find any information on following rastararianism without ganja. Does anyone know where I can gain any information on this subject?

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 8/8/2012 5:36:37 PM

Since I gave up tobacco I rarely smoke herb. I know some ones who have never smoked. No biggie if you want to stop or cut down do it. Balance is important in all aspects of life.

I bredren says " if Jah wanted ones to smoke he would have created InI with a chimney."

Peace and Love

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 5:52:33 PM

There are not requirements and prerequisites the I must meet.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/8/2012 10:48:31 PM

So many herbs....

find another healing herb, I and I are an herbalising culture.

I and I cultivate health, so many herb growing in all lands, all the indigenous peoples knew about herbs...Not just Ganja!

Messenger: GmanUK Sent: 8/10/2012 6:27:33 AM

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback.

I have not touched it for 5 days now and finding it very hard. I am now at the decision to not touch it again as I feel just cutting back could quite easily cause me to go back to my old ways. Friends and family are helping me get over this and the same goes for the positive feedback from this post.

Thank you again and respect to you all.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/10/2012 8:05:40 AM

Yes Idren ganja must only be used in moderation just as all things pleasurable.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/10/2012 11:35:44 PM

I haven't heard of any Rastafarian who takes not marijuana!

You see, marijuana is the only sacrament for our prayers, it's even an essential part of our worship of Jah,
that means without it, one can not be a Rastafarian!

As for me, the number of ganjah spliffs I smoke a day I can not count!

Bless..

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/11/2012 12:29:01 PM

I do know some.

Messenger: Ras congo Sent: 8/11/2012 6:28:40 PM

Yo I saw a rasta on YouTube ages ago and him must have said she him nah burn di herb but him grow him locks and praise Jah. It was year ago stil , doubt it wil stil b there

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/11/2012 7:57:57 PM

Ganjah get you high. Yes.

but once one gets to the top of mountain do we need to keep hiking up(smoking up)

This is our consciousness, the herb tunes us, but once tuned, its no longer needed, "now that the job is done, what will we do with the tools?"~ King Selassie

Its like when the world is in peace people will thrown the worlds guns and a ammunition into the active volcanoes lava...

So when the chalice and ganja is no longer needed for the mental warfare and struggle for mental liberation, its no longer needed. What to do with it? A battle may be won but the war is not over, we must help others be saved, not just receive the word of life ourselves and go to Zion but also pass it on to others, for the ganja and the word of Jah are a good thing if used properly, in Jahs Will.

Both can be abused, but thats another conversation.
Abuse is only a lack of proper use. Use what you got right.
Find out what is right. Know the truth, what right in one time is not right in another time, thats why many things CHRIST said contradict, because in different times and context, different things are RIGHT that would not be in other time and place...For everything a season , find its reason.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I