Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4806&start_row=31

Being Rasta without Ganja

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/14/2012 11:38:45 PM

Here is a Reasoning I made before about I and I Hola Herb.

-------------
Ganja is a useful tool for Ones who are making a spiritual trod. All things can be accomplished without ganja, but it is a useful tool for opening the spiritual doors quicker, so that after they are open, I and I can explore it. And after the door is found while using herb, the herb is no longer needed to open it.

Jah provided all the herbs of the earth for their purpose. Some herbs are to be used internally to fight against sickness or pain. Other herbs are used externally to heal wounds, or for the health of the skin and hair.

Ganja herb is used to help open our mind for spiritual movements. But Ones must train and learn how to use and focus the energy from the herb to make it useful, otherwise it will just lead to sleep or the energy will be wasted. I never get sleepy from using Ganja, and when used properly, it can allow I and I to concentrate even more on spiritual or other tasks.

While using herb, I have found the way to connect with another person to reason with the mind, without speaking with the mouth. And I have found the way to communicate with Jah elements, to bring whirlwind, earthquake, and other elements. After these things were realized with Herb, the herb wasn't necessary to do it again, but even still, with the herb, the door is still opened more easily.

I also use herb to help I explore with I spiritual eye, and I have realized many things because of this. And once these things are realized, they stay with I afterwards.

Another thing the herb is useful for is shown in this example. If I am in a room with other people not using ganja, I notice little details of the surroundings, or what people say, that the others don't notice. It is only when I tell them what I noticed, that it comes to their attention. The best way I can explain this use of the Ganja, is that it increases your window of focus, so that you can focus on a larger area at once, and see the details within this larger focus area.

Ganja is not good for some people, some don't react well with it. I show people that they should listen to their senses. For example, if they don't like the smell of Ganja, then they shouldn't use it, because their senses are rejecting it.

But for people that are able to use it for a useful purpose, it can be quite helpful.

And I don't bother to fight with Babylon about the Herb. But I don't feel that they have any right to condemn a plant made by Jah. To I it is disrespectful to Jah, that Babylon says that a plant Jah created is not allowed to live, and that they tell I that I am not allowed to use even one of the herbs Jah created for I.

So I Itinue to use the herb for I spiritual purposes, and I don't flaunt it in the face of police officers. And when I am speaking to a police officer, I am respectful to them, and I don't cause them trouble. I have never had any trouble from the police about I herb. I have been questioned a few times, but they just speak to I and go on their way.

I could give up Ganja, if it was necessary. But I find it a very useful Herb, and I have no desire to stop using it. It has provided I with many good things, and I don't only have no regrets from I use of it, but I am happy about the results I have received from its use.
-------------

Messenger: GmanUK Sent: 8/17/2012 9:04:06 AM

I have met plenty in the past though I do not know whether they follow 'Twelve Tribes', 'Nyabinghi', 'Bobo Dread' or some other doctrine.

I started this post to find out what doctrine non-ganja smoking rastas follow or where I might find out this information.

Messenger: GmanUK Sent: 8/30/2012 10:30:10 AM

Jah was obviously around before Rastafari and I am led to believe that Rastafari came from Jamaica. So, what was the case before rastafari, when tribes such as the Arawaks lived on this island. A time when Ganja did not exist on Jamaica which was introduced by settlers from India. The settlers before this time would have believed in god, and there is only one God and this God is Jah.

So, a message to the people who say that Ganja is an important aspect of Rastafari, how is this so if Ganja is not native to Jamaica.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/30/2012 2:12:48 PM

--------------
So, a message to the people who say that Ganja is an important aspect of Rastafari, how is this so if Ganja is not native to Jamaica.
--------------

I don't understand the logic of that statement. Why would Ganja have to be native to Jamaica to make it important to RasTafarI people? RasTafarI people have been using Ganja from the beginning, or at least early on in the movement. Whether or not it was grown in Jamaica before is irrelavent.

Messenger: apollo Sent: 9/1/2012 3:06:10 AM

I started to use Herb last month, but i experienced my heart beat increase and i thought I was going to die or my heart will explode. I do not use Alcohol or cigar-ate in my life because of my faith in rastafari. I believe Herb created by Jah for the special reason, I think smoking herb in not necessary to make I a rastafari but I BELIEFS are enough to Jah. But i want to use Herb in a right way. Can anyone teach me how to enjoy the benefit of Herb?
With thanks..
Jah Bless.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/1/2012 6:30:05 AM

Benefits of the herb?!?!?!

Well, there are several benefits when it comes to using marijuana!
Of greater importance are its medicinal and spiritual uses, seen?
But others like its commercial uses!
A very useful plant indeed, thanks be unto Jah, the Creator!

Marijuana is the incense that was used by the High Priest Moses in the house of God.
It is used as a holy offering unto Jah.
It draws a person closer unto Jah.
To mention but just a few spiritual uses of the herb.

Bless..

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 9/1/2012 11:39:53 AM

Haha, a funny story Apollo, when I used to smoke herb I would have exactly what the i has, when I heart would begin beating fast I would think it is going to explode but the I must realize it is all a dream and settle. During this experience I would always receive a revelation that my believing my heart is going to explode will actually make my heart explode, so I felt that the harder I believed i heart wiould explode the more it became a present reality

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 9/1/2012 5:03:45 PM

That's why the 1,2 rhythm brings the heartbeat into balance.

Peace and love my bredren.

Messenger: GmanUK Sent: 9/1/2012 5:13:21 PM

I Am not saying that rastafarians should not smoke ganja because as you said rastafarians have been smoking it since the start of the movement. But, say if marijuana was not introduced to Jamaica, rastafari would still exist because Haile Selassie exists, but would rastafarians still smoke marijuana?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I