Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4802&start_row=1

the relevance of judeo-christian ideology to Rastafari

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/7/2012 5:33:51 PM

Greetings,

As i first visited this site , i was surprised at how often reference was made to jesus, instead of H.I.M. as well as how it seemed as if many ones rely on the Bible for guidance in physical and spiritual matters. As Rastafari are we not blessed with living examples in H.I.M .? I SAY YES WE ARE , therefore why choose to fall backwards onto a sword that can and will be used against us time and time again? Step into the light of H.I.M. without fear and belief and know that the blessed triune which is empowered by own spirit guides us in every way!!!

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 6:05:38 PM

Greetings love and respect unto the I

That was most likely InI with the Ible..InI posts a lot lol. InI opinion does not reflect that of Iveryone here so the I will be pleased to find many different view points.

InI finds it interesting how the I says Jesus "instead" because isn't Yeshua supposed to be HIM? H.I.M hail up the Ible and Yeshua plenty even went as far as to translate it into HIM language and said it was his source of comfort. Read the banner Idren. But the I is right to each his own trod.

Respects and love

One

Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/7/2012 6:46:20 PM

Perfect Peace and Love :)

Granted H.I.M. showed us the power in the written words of wisdom, yet still we have an even more powerful guide through H.I.M. and his works , that is just my opinion as i call myself by his name as opposed to simply Christian i am Rastafari. the livety of Rastafari should be of H.I.M. not the myriad of cultural norms found in old and new testaments. remember it is not an original text. it changed and changed over time. yet we are blessed with H.I.M. who trod in this dispensation of time where we do not have to rely on nobody's version we have living example. seen

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 8:28:54 AM

Him always hilight the Ible so we to should read it and refer to it just as much zeen? When the I reads the Ible the I will soon find that what is practiced in culture is not how Ible teach Christianity. They have established a Nicolotan tradition contrary to what Yeshua teach. The Ible almost in no way resembles what people call Christianity today. They "church" does things that the Ible and Yeshua was very clearly against. If the I really and truely follows Hailie Selassie I the I will soon also find the I nose stuck in the Ible as his was.

Jah bless Idren peace and love unto the I!

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 8/9/2012 9:19:47 AM

Love and Peace. Even someone who knows the direction need a compass to verify. Rastafari points out to His Imperial Majesty and Haile Selassie I points out to Christ of Calvary, which is One and The Same. Accept either deny not the other.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 8/9/2012 12:08:10 PM

one love

Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/9/2012 12:47:47 PM

Truuuth, never would i discredit the potential in the book itelf, however i am on the path to Christ through H.I.M. SELASSIE 1. i have read it a chapter a day, continue to read portions as guided by spirit, i do encourage my yutes to read it also , but not in isolation nor from a judeo-christian perspective. if we know H.I.M. we know that the practicing Christian in H.I.M. does not regard many themes found in the said bible, this is proven in his actions and words.if we look to our ancient ancestry the lessons of christ taught in the bible are not new to us as a spiritual people. the teachings of morality in its purest sense cannot be altered or changed, however the cultural practices in the bible are not of our original Afrikan way.therefore i find comfort in our ancient trodditions . but another one may find the cultural teachings more comforting coming from the bible .

regardless full Raspect for life!!!
perfect peace and love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/11/2012 1:39:26 PM

Truthful my king. People affe differentiate between Jewish n African culture. Fo those who are Africans, how can dem discredit deir own African culture yet promote Jewish culture? We Africans affe know n be proud of our true identity. I n I black people are Ithopians/Africans not Jews. It is always degrading to I when I hear rasta people refering to I n I African people as Jews. Why do people have to accociate demselves with Israelites to feel closer to de creator? Is it because dem think Israelites are chosen people? So beause of dat illusion about chosen people everybody wants to be acciated with Israel. How long shall it take fo people to realise dat der's no chosen race or people. No one is closer than anada to de creator. We all equal to de creator. I man just lookin foward to de iwa of African redemtion dat prophet Garvey seh all Africa will stand together. Selah.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I