Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4793&start_row=1

Doubt about natural dreadlocks

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bhang Sent: 8/3/2012 5:24:18 PM

Hello, brothers and sisters. I have a question about natural locks. I've been growing my hair for one year and a half and I stoped combing my hair in January of this year. I had one dredlock done by myself with a crochet hook, and another dreadlock (a giant one) was made naturally in this period of not combing my hair. But now I have a problem, because this giant lock is "trapping" hair that isn't fully locked yet and belongs to other future dreadlocks. Also, the giant lock and the hand-made lock keep joining, I separate them but they keep "trapping" hair from one another, and the giant one is also "trapping" constantly a dreadlock that is up to be finished naturally. I've thought about finishing the giant one with the crochet hook and keep the others lock in peace but I'm not sure as it would be not 100% natural... What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Bhang

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/3/2012 6:22:32 PM

Bhang,

Have more patience. The locks will come in time if it is Jah will.

Messenger: Bhang Sent: 8/3/2012 6:53:47 PM

I seek for advice not about the locks that are to come, as I have assumed they'll be made by the Almighty`s hand, but for the locks that already exist and keep causing problems among the others. The begining of the problem was doing this hand made lock, which broke at the beginning the balance and harmony in the crown.

Thanks for your replying, brother Eleazar

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/4/2012 1:26:27 AM

The Dread Locks are like the cross I and I must carry, Christ had his own, Selassie had his own.

now one else can carry your cross , no one else can carry your dreads.

does that cross seem to heavy to bear?

does those dread seem to nappy and heavy to grow?

Seperate them, or let them all grow into a giant dread...

what matter is letting the faith within you grow deep.

When Jesus was carring cross he was not focused on cross but rather within himself for Jahs kingdom is within.

Same with growing the dreads, one must be more introverted not extroverted, more focused on whats going on in soul, how the spirit is moving and less emphasis on the material.

dreads especially natty natural dread are something to dread, it is a repulsion to the norms , It is a way to show how our inner being is not confirmed to the world but we are being transformed within and consequently without by the renovation of our minds, by the hand of Jah.

There are dreads fashioned by man and tools and there are dreads fashioned by the hands of Jah.

the dreadlocks teach I and I not to care what the worldly opian thinks but to do Jahs will and commands no matter what.
To speak and do truth and rightousness in midst of all advesary.

It takes courage like a wild dreaded lion we must rise grow the dreadlocks our faith and freedom, and submit not to the norms or what looks nice to the eye, for physical and material appearance are not important.

Messenger: Bhang Sent: 8/6/2012 5:47:16 AM

Jessep, your words make me think and show me Jah Jah has gifted you with his Wisdom. More relaxed about the topic, have to thank you two who replyed, I hope joy and blessing fills your lives.

Messenger: VictimofAggression Sent: 8/6/2012 1:18:15 PM

Bless. Bhang Fari the I problem is solved simply.

This is something that lookers on and visitors (no matter how many visitations)

Ras Tafari grooming techniques, First of all Locks should be grown naturally. If someone wants to twist up or get their hair styled, I won't say anything but in the Binghi House an Elder might bun you out for that.

Next simply take the locks or lock that you want and pull the lock apart from the rest of hair it is joining with to split the 2.

Like with your bongo lock(big lock) just split it from the other hair and you're good. No twist No comb.

Walk in the Light. Forever you shall be a Priest ACCORDING TO THE "ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK".

MELCHIZEDEK IS NOT A JAMAICAN

Messenger: Bhang Sent: 8/6/2012 7:40:10 PM

Thanks for your replying. Your words give me strength. I've done what you say:

"Next simply take the locks or lock that you want and pull the lock apart from the rest of hair it is joining with to split the 2. Like with your bongo lock(big lock) just split it from the other hair and you're good. No twist No comb."

And it has kept working good, and my hair is now much better locked in the part I mention than when I wrote the post, so I belive it will prosper with Jah Hand Power.

PD: It's out of topic, but I would love you to tell me what you want to say and give message of when saying "MELCHIZEDEK IS NOT A JAMAICAN". Thanks in advance.

Bless

Messenger: Bhang Sent: 8/6/2012 7:40:12 PM

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I