Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4788&start_row=1

Leaving Babylon US military and trodding to Zion.

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 10:58:06 PM

InI started at this forum and another seeking true Livity when InI was about 14 or 15 today I am 20. Along I trod InI has lost his way in Babylon confusion. InI had always been against Babylon and his military. Then InI start losing Iself in Babylon possessions wishing for more "things" just as a Babylonian citizen. InI regret I decision to join Babylon military. I have gained plenty of worldly possessions since, nice cars, nice tv, nice house ect but InI has lost his happiness. Yesterday InI made a stand to trod to Zion and leave Babylon behind at all costs.

This is the letter InI wrote to separate from Babylon military.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 11:11:16 PM

I am writing this letter with the intent of achieving conscientious objector status in the eyes of the military and separation from military duties.

I stand firmly in my belief that the intentional extinguishment of human life in any form is unwarranted in any way. Human beings past and present have been told that we must band together and make war upon our brothers and sisters in order to establish peace. I pose the question to myself as well as anyone reading this. At which point will man realize that war has not and will not bring peace to this world? The answer I hold dear is never. The establishment of war and violence is a perpetual system that runs on greed, power, and the blood of our fellow brothers and sisters. My duty as a follower of Christ and moreover as a human being is to show my fellow brothers and sisters that this is not the way. I have always known this and regret my decision to become part of an organization whom supports this ideology. It hurts me deeply that everyday what I do is directly connected to the deaths of others. I know that my family holds pride in the occupation I now hold as well as other Americans but I personally feel that Jah is disappointed in me because he knows that I know better. I regret to confess that I joined this organization with selfish intentions. I come from a financially limited background so to speak and I made the mistake of thinking that furthering my worldly status would bring me happiness. The condition of my soul reflects that I have been wrong all along. Though I didn't have much financially I was still a very happy person, it was not until I envied the possessions of others I began to seek a selfish way out. Today I know I was wrong. Jah gave me an intelligent mind to gain these things without taking the easy way out.

In the publication regarding "applying" for CO status it states that I must explain which situations I warrant the justification of using "force." It then depends on how one defines force. To me "force" is physically imparting ones will upon another with intentions of incapacitation or death upon his opposer. In this way I do not believe in using force. If a man tried to hit me I would not feel the need to hit him back, I might dodge his blows or nudge him to the side as a way to escape. Or I might stand by and allow him to hit me. I am not afraid of death. If a man came into my house and tried to harm my family I would incapacitate him as best I could until the authorities came. This portion is hard to explain because it is too broad and the answers are all relative to the situation.

Next it says I must identify which "organizations" have "influenced" me in my decision. To that I can not accredit to an specific organization. I can only accredit my decision to Jah and his word in the Bible as the influence. In todays society my reasoning is considered an oddity. In this respect it is an "original thought" which everyone is perfectly capable of having. Personally I wouldn't call it new or original, it is just a life style derived from the life Jesus thus it is what I see as "real Christianity." Where the majority has a "religion" I have a way of life.

In conclusion, there are many concepts that I hold dear which are unique in comparison to society and in order to express them more accurately I might need to write an entire book. My separation from the military is merely one change I need to make to live my life properly. I cannot and will not continue to serve the military and disobey Jah. Please expedite this request as swiftly as possible. Thank you.

Bless

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/1/2012 2:14:46 PM

SOERASTA02,

You're making a good decision getting out of babylon's military.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/1/2012 2:45:41 PM

Give thanks for the kind words Idren!

InI had no choice, Jah call InI to Zion.

Pure Love and respect unto The I

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 2:37:26 PM

Wow!! Talk about a man on a mission!!!

I have always been able to tell that you are man of principle simply by the way you write. Your reasonings have a heartfelt honesty about them. I look forward to your reasonings every day when I check into this forum.

I have no idea what repercussions you will face due to this action, but I want to go on record as saying I admire you for standing up for your principles and for putting your life in a perspective pleasing to Jah. May Jah continue to lead and guide you all the way to Zion! Much love and blessings...

I am so very proud of you, my brother!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/4/2012 5:08:29 PM

"STUDY WAR NO MORE"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from “American Negro Songs”
by John W. Work, 1940

I’m going to lay down my sword and shield
Down by the riverside
Down by the riverside
Down by the riverside
Going to lay down my sword and shield
Down by the riverside
Ain’t going to study war no more

I’m going to put on my long white robe
Down by the riverside
Down by the riverside

Down by the riverside
I’m going to put on my long white robe
Down by the riverside
I’m going to talk with the Prince of Peace…

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/4/2012 5:13:31 PM

If every person in war on earth does what your doing Brother, there will be peace on earth.
Jah Bless

"untill that day.....everywhere is war"- Bob Marley

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 5:52:45 PM

That is so very true.

Zoe, even though you are leaving military, you will continue reasoning with us, yes?

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 3:49:33 PM

Ofcourse chica!!! it is partially because of returning to this forum that InI realized I true path in life...Many inspirations as a young man (im still a young man only 20) came from this board.

InI knows I true path in life is to destroy the establishment of war thru love and living the life Yesuah teach to live. InI is going to spread the message to all and build the city of Zion until it engulfs Babylon ideology and we can all live in peace. InI does not need any killing weapons for this task. Jah will protect InI.

Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"

InI is not too worried about what Babylon will do with InI because ain't nothin them can really do with Jah on I side.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/5/2012 4:31:26 PM

Amen, amen!

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I