Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4776&start_row=1

How black is black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/28/2012 2:46:21 AM

First and foremost Love and Respect to all.

InI have been wondering what the different views on this Black skin reasoning.

How black is black?
Which part of Africa is Africa and makes one real African?
How much percent non black can one have and still be considered black?
What is "black" and how does this make black people different from everyone else.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/28/2012 2:30:37 PM

I was woundering what is the I trying to achive from the answers of these questions?

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/28/2012 11:48:48 PM

Plenty of InI bredren outside the forum as well as inside have been demonstrating a Black superiority anti European mind set (not to be confused with black supremacy movement*)

InI is always open to new reasonings and I always seek to understand my Idren state of mind. In part of loving InI fellow brother is to understand (not "overstand" in this place because InI come in humble intentions) him.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 1:46:02 PM

Brother Soe, I don't know if it is be design or not, but I agree with what you are stating about some of us demonstrating a black superiority/anti European mindset. And I believe that is very harmful. That is a good way to weaken our reasonings. We all have to be at the table, reasoning together, black and white.

But there are some issues that as black people, we continue to face that a white bredren will not face. At least that is the way it is in the USA. Still I would hope that we are loving enough to embrace all our bredren even as we voice our disappointments due to the way we have been treated in Babylon. Let us be better than Babylon. That is what I believe Jah's children come to this forum hoping for... a people who are different than Babylon because of Jah's influence in their lives.

A case in point is Matthew. I can't get him out of my mind. As I followed his reasonings, I often noticed that bredren seemed to be unaccepting of his place at the reasoning table. One day, I felt Matthew's frustration in the way he reasoned and I asked him if he was a white man. Low and behold, it turned out that he was a white man.

But the way he was treated was so obviously discriminatory that without ever meeting him face to face, just by the way he was being treated, it called to my mind that Matthew was white. So we reasoned a bit about the way he was being treated, and next thing I know, Matthew was writing us a "dear john" letter and bowing out.

I was saddened by his departure.

I pray we do not have any more incidents on any thread of this forum that makes children who are coming in search of the truth feel like they are not wanted.

One Love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 1:59:28 PM

Yes I it is very unfortunate about our Idren Matthew and InI will also pray he returns to us his family. Jah will guide him on his trod and he probably just needed some time.

Yes black people in the US go thru plenty but InI has learned thru spending time with black and white, rich and poor that happiness is the issue not skin color or money. InI had a white friend who was very rich but his family quarrel all the time. They too have problems unique to their social standing. Problems InI does not wish to have at all. They have a certain image to uphold and this is very tiring and stressful to them. Sight how many of them commit suicide.

All in all everyone gets the same opportunity to be oppressed by Babylon in their own unique way. Ible says it is harder for a rich man to reach the kingdom of Jah. Poverty is in the mind not the pocket.

Blessings

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 2:13:54 PM

Poverty is one thing. Respect is another thing. It is true that Babylon treats people according to their financial status so that a rich man is believed to be worthy of respect not matter how undeserving he is of that respect, while a poor man is deemed to be unworth of respect now matter how honorable a life he leads.

When Jah's children come to this forum, I believe it is their hope that all this rich/poor, black/white hype is never present so that they may be about the business of spiritual growth, connecting with Jah's children, strengthening themselves through the fellowship that exists here. Praise be to the Holy Spirit of Jah. May it fall fresh on each of us every day. One love...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 2:36:54 PM

Usually when a man has respect for himself he is then respected in return no matter what. If not then he must not worry because Jah is the only one that matters. The doubters will soon come to respect.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 2:44:17 PM

I fully agree with you.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 3:39:53 PM

I was thread-surfing this morning on this forum, Brother Soe, and discovered more threads where Matthew had posted. I never realized how harsh the treatment was towards Matthew. I felt sick to my stomach and wished I had never opened those threads up at all. I can see so much more clearly now why Matthew HAD to bow out at this time. I believe Jah's mighty hand has removed Matthew from the fold as a message to us: We have treated our own brother like a piece of crap and we do not deserve Matthew's presence.

I pray Jah's forgiveness and guidance on this forum, that we realize the wrong we have done to our brother and that we all learn to respect each other and agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 8/4/2012 6:56:16 PM

im not sure why you think matthew got treadted badly or maybe i havent seen these theads your on aboutbut i always enjoyed reading his reasonings, gd man

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I