Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4759&start_row=1

How do I exercise faith?

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 7/14/2012 1:05:09 PM

InI want to prove my faith to Jah and that it is strong what can I do?

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 7/15/2012 7:43:39 AM

Study HIM's teachings, live HIM'S teaching's and give Thanks & Praises to the Most High and the I will sight the faith inside grow stronger.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/20/2012 4:29:24 PM

Jhamn, your question doesn't really make sense. Why would a person need to prove to Jah that he or she has faith, or prove to Jah that his or her faith is strong?

Have faith, and increase your faith so it is strong. RasTafarI will know it is strong if it is strong.

Here are some Reasonings to help the I increase the I faith

==================================
When I and I have faith in Jah, nothing is impossible. Whatever needs I and I have will be fulfulled. Any part of ourselves that we want to change will be changed through faith.

Christ taught I and I the power of faith. He showed I and I that certain things may be impossible for man, but nothing is impossible to Jah. So if our trust and faith is in Jah, then there are no limits to righteousness.

One problem what causes people to not increase their faith, is their expectation. People want to see a sign or proof, before they have faith, this is a great limit to faith. First, I and I must develop and increase our faith, with no evidence. Because faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.

When I and I faith is developed, then the results and proof of our faith will come. And people who do this will see great results from their faith.

Too many people put limits on theirselves, saying that they can't do this or that, or they talk of things being impossible. I don't regard impossible, because I know if I regard it, then impossible will be a reality. But if my faith is that nothing is impossible, then that will be true and the reality.

When I need something, I ask Jah for it. And sometimes I don't even ask, I just trust in Jah, because I know that Jah knows all my thoughts. Burning spear says in one song

-------------------------
I need a little help, but it can be embarassment
I said I need a little help, but it can be embarassment
Call on Jah, Call on Jah
Jah never say no, Jah never say no
-------------------------

I Itinually increase I faith in Jah, because I know that Jah is the source and solution of all things. I have since seen so much evidence of I faith, that I would be a fool to deny it. And if something that I believe doesn't come, then I see it as a lack of faith. And so I work to increase I faith higher.
What Ijah is saying is true. I will add some things. Through meditation and prayer, I and I build up our relationship with Jah. The better our relationship with Jah is, the more I and I will see from Jah.

To build up Faith, I and I need to resist and cast away doubt. So when I and I have Faith in something, I and I should resist the urge to doubt that it will happen. It can be hard to do this because we have been raised with doubt and lack of Faith. So in the beginning, the I might find yourself doubting more than having Faith. But as times goes on, and I and I Itinue to resist doubt, doubt will flee away and there will be much more Faith.

To resist doubt, I and I need to resist and stop the thought as it starts to rise. The sooner I and I resist, the closer I and I come to casting away doubts entirely. This is a process over time. Fasting builds up discipline in our mind, and cleans I and I vessel. This discipline to resist hunger, builds up I and I mental discipline in general. I and I can learn to resist hunger when necessary, resist sleep when necessary, and resist other things also.

In time, the I will gain more control over your own self, and be able to resist doubt in many situations, and eventually, if the I Faith is strong enough, the I will resist doubt in all situations. And the more the I resist doubt and build up Faith, the more evidence the I will see from Jah.

Also, when hard times come, I and I must not cast away Faith. Those are the times when Faith must be strongest, because only Jah can help I and I out of our troubles. People often lose their Faith when a little tribulation comes. But I and I are in Revelation time, the time of tribulation, so if I and I give up because of small tribulation, what will happen when the larger tribulation comes. I and I can look at tribulation as a result of our own lack of faith, and at the same time, a test to give I and I the opportunity to build up Faith.

When good times come, I and I must remember not to lose our Faith. I and I should give thanks to Jah for every single good thing that happens, no matter how small. All goodness comes from Jah, and Jah is worthy to be praised. Sometimes people can get swell headed in good times, and forget about Jah, these are the times where Jah will let I and I take care of our own self. Because Jah allows us to do what we choose, so if we choose to trust in our own vanity, instead of trusting in Jah, then Jah will let us see what our vanity can accomplish. And we will see that it is just vanity, and has no accomplishment.

The first thing to trod towards Faith is to choose Faith.
Faith

Learn to trust in the Most High Jah RasTafarI and Jah will guide your way. Trust and have Faith in Jah for all things, and all things will be delivered. I mentioned before about Faith, that people want proof of their faith before they have Faith, but Faith doesn't work so. First I and I must learn to have Faith; then I and I will no longer look for proof because I and I will see and know. When I and I have Faith, even though I and I don't look for proof, the proof will show itself often. And I am not talking about subtle or minor proof. What I am talking about is proof so strong and sure, that a person would have to be completely foolish to deny it after experiencing it. When I and I have Faith, Jah RasTafarI guides I and I and helps I and I, blessing I and I with Jah Mystics.

And make sure you know that if you don't see results from Faith, then your Faith is not strong enough and must be made stronger. And your Livity also is not strong enough and must be made stronger. Those last two statements are really one and the same, because all who have Faith and Trust in Jah will listen to the Guidance that they have Faith and Trust in, and Jah RasTafarI will only Guide I and I in Righteousness.

After reading this, read the reasoning from the link at the bottom of this message, and the I will sight how powerful and Mighty Haile Selassie I is. Read and sight that though all of I and I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I and I fear no evil, because Jah RasTafarI Itect and Strengthen I and I with HIM Rod and Staff. The link is only a small sample of the Greatness I have seen from Jah RasTafarI since I started to Trod toward HIM. I have seen so much that others around I have also witnessed these things as they happened. I Empress is rarely surprised about the Mystics she sees when it comes to I, because she has seen so many things since she has been with I these past 12 years.

Walk with Confidence and Strength and don't bow down to be trampled by babylon, instead walk Strong and Trample babylon with every step you take. It might take some time to get use to this kind of thinking, but if you kick your self in the ass and don't take no for an answer, and be stubborn in Faith and Strength, so that you refuse to let go of it no matter what others say or what thoughts come into your mind, or what experience or tribulation you go through.

Stubbornness is usually seen negatively because it is usually used to hold on to negative things, but Stubbornness in Faith is a great thing and will Rise you to new Heights.

Resist the devil and the devil will flee, Resist doubt and doubt will flee. That is why Stubbornness is so important, because the more Stubborn, the more Resistance.

Stop negative thoughts as soon as they arrive, stop thoughts of doubt as soon as they arrive. Always work to make yourself stop them sooner and sooner.

At first, it might take some time to resist thinking of temptation, but if you have the mind intention to stop it and the mind intention to train yourself to stop it sooner and sooner; then eventually you will see that this temptation can no longer tempt, and then that temptation can no longer tempt, and you will see that you doubt less and less while your Faith becomes stronger and stronger.

You might slip a little here and there, but as long as you pick yourself up and Itinue to Rise, then you will Itinue to Rise. But always know that I and I can completely stop temptation and doubt in a second, and never feel temptation and doubt ever again. It is only our weakness and stubbornness in the wrong things that cause most of I and I to take time to learn. But when I and I sight and know that this can come in an instant, then I and I make it possible for it to come in an instant, or at least a little longer than an instant. If we instead choose to have faith in weakness, and think that it will never come, then it will truly never come, no matter how hard we try.

It is I and I choice and has always been I and I choice. So let I and I make a choice.

Duppy Conqueror

Faith Strength

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 7/20/2012 4:39:00 PM

Great Blessings Ark I

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/20/2012 10:01:11 PM

Strong copared to what? Srong is a relative word...

A strong man is stronger than the weak one but a even stronger one makes even the strong one look weak....

Jah is the strenghth of All things and only Jah power that fills
the universe.

Faith is only strenghthened if we act upon it....If we dont 'do' as faith in the Higher will commands than we never exercise the faith and get strong.

faith is like a muscle. But to make it stronger we must work it out(faith) with its action.

for Isample. I beleive in Jah and have faith in his natural creation... But that faith is not strenghthened and re-inforced unless I take action, acting upon this faith in nature and creation.
by this I go for hikes in mountains, climb to peaks, spend time with creation, Iration, the clouds , the trees, the toads, in the streams, the squirrles, the bears, mountain lions and all living things on the mountain giving praise to the creator..

In going up into Iration I exercise what I bealeive in and have faith in and this faith is strenghtened, so as this muscle of faith gets stronger and stronger It becomes easier to follow in action of what I beleive in with faith. At first acting upon The Rasta philosophe and faith was a challenge because my faith muscle was never exercised befor....But now , rastafari has built i strong and the weights of faith I am lifting now is a greater amount..

Our faithful souls of righteousness, like our bodys, gotta keep in shape got to keep in shape..Exercise faith.

Jahs works are like weights for the weightlifter.

And muscle is the faith..

Cant move much weight in this world if no muscles(faith)

It take I and I higher will to exercise...mentally, physically and spiritually.

its why meditation, prayer and fasting are called spiritual exercises...

Exercise faith and it will strenghten.

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”

He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.

On will not even clean their house if they dont beleive they can.. But if they beleive, they can exercise that...And build their faith and confidence for greater works.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/20/2012 10:03:11 PM

Yes Ark I , about resisting temptaion and the devil....I found ignoring the babylonians and all devils words, ideas, ignoring the world and ... I say close eyes and ears to world and open up them with the heart to Jah.

Ignoring babylon and listening to Jah only is one way I exercise faith daily...

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I