Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4750&start_row=1

Some concerns about the Old Testament

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zioninavision Sent: 7/7/2012 7:14:32 PM

I've been attracted to Rastafari for quite a bit and Haile Selassie I say that the Bible is important but when I read Leviticus and other parts of the OT I see God demands the Israelites to massacre the Midinaites, and these laws in Lev which are odd such as when a woman gets raped, she must marry her rapist.

What kind of god would order the massacre of innocent people and demand that people follow these odd laws?, just curious about the Rastafarian perspective on this.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/9/2012 2:08:00 AM

Greetings to ones n ones. Bro Zioninavision. Dis is I personal opinion. What I man can say is dat de name of de most high has been used in vain fo many centuries. Many people don't realise dat even some of de people who wrote de bible used de name of God in vain. Exawple is dat what de I is reasoning about. Jah is love. Jah doesn't order people to kill or discriminate. Serch fo your self brother. De truth shall be revealed. Bless my lord.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/9/2012 1:54:18 PM

zioniavision, we have to remember in those days, if a woman no longer had her virginity, she most likely would not find a husband because such a great priority was put on marrying as a virgin. So by having the person who took her virginity (raped her) to marry, she would be guaranteed to have a husband. But the law also provided that if the girl's father did not allow someone who raped his daughter to marry his daugher, that person would still have to pay the bride's price even though he was not allowed to marry the girl.
Have you read the story of Dinah and what her brothers did to the man who raped her? I know it is awful to say, but when I read that story, I felt justice had been done.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/9/2012 11:28:57 PM

even concerning what he has dubbed the massacre.
It wasn't a massacre at all!
But it was God's retributive justice!

Be reminded that God was driving out wickedness when He commanded the Israelites to destroy the heathen nations, in Old Testament, seen?
Just like He destroyed humanity with Noah's flood, seen?

He does whatever pleases Him!
But if we study all His deeds, we find nothing but justice and judgement!

Bless still..

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I