Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4725&start_row=1

Daniel Chapter 8 19-27

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 6/16/2012 8:22:41 AM

Now this is the Vision of the Ram and he Goat, which Gabriel interpreted to Daniel which is to happen in the last days.

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
27 And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
20.The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.

The Medes (from Old Persian Mā;da-) were an ancient Iranian people who lived in Iran in an area known as Media and spoke a northwestern Iranian language referred to as the Median language, so the internet says. so that means Media is Iran, correct me if im wrong, now can someone tell me the King/Kingdom of Persia, because at one time in hisory it says they controlled a vast amount of land under the name The Achaemenid Empire / Old Persian....
--------------------
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3a/Persian_Empire%2C_490_BC.png/800px-Persian_Empire%2C_490_BC.png
---------------
but it seems that that persia is also interpreted at Iran aswell, so that means two Kings/kingdoms comming out of Iran? or am i just confused?

21. And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first King/KIngdom,
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

i read this as that first kingdom is broken or fallen, but four new kingdoms have risen up from it, ( Taking the fallen kingdoms attributes with them? what kingdoms are these? Rome? England? Usa? Germany?
ill leave it as this for now, please share your views on this Vision or redirect me to a page where this has already been reasoned on.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/16/2012 10:42:24 AM

Babylon Kings - Daniel and Revelation

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 6/16/2012 11:05:15 AM

many thanks

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I