Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4721&start_row=11

Reincarnation?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaD Sent: 6/6/2012 5:58:36 PM

Nordman, So what do you think happens to us once our physical body dies?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/7/2012 2:46:49 AM

De question was do rasta believ in reincanation? then I n I answer was yes. So bro Nordman what are u realy implying when u seh HIM din't talk about it? Why is dat when some people don't agree with some rasta teachings they use HIM name or de bible to try n fight against dat concept. A lot of rasta teachings are not from de bible or HIM words so ones should stop using HIM name in vain. I myslelf don't believ in all beliefs but dat doesn't mean I should deny a belief dat its a rasta belief if I don't believe de thing. So Nordman de I may not believ in reincanation but many rastas do. I n I are livin today n I n I are go die n be born to live again fo I n I gona b livin tomoro like I n I were livin in de past n de future. Blessed love.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/7/2012 5:37:01 AM

Blessed love,

so called reincarnation occurs in the bible too... Elijah come again as John the Baptist, also today in our day and age with Marcus Mosiah Garvey / Idi Amin Dada

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/7/2012 10:07:39 AM

Black heart,

what do you mean a lot of Rasta teachings ain't from the Bible or Selassie-I?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/7/2012 11:23:38 AM

Ye man. I mean rastafari is beyond de bible. Which means u can't just read de bible alone n know about rasta livity. Some of rasta teachings u may not find in de bible include black cautiousness, repatriation of black people back to Africa n many other teachings of Marcus Garvey, also ital livity e.t.c. Hope de I overs what mi seh. Yes I.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/7/2012 11:47:56 AM

As fo Selassie I, his name is sometimes used by some people to fight agaist rasta teachings. For example some people will tel u dat HIM didn't use herb (cannabis) n didn't talk about it therefore its not irie or not part of rasta livity dem say. Some also will tel u dat HIM had no dreadlocks n didn't talk about natural n ital lity therefore dem promote de cuting of hair n de eating of flesh n junk food which is against rasta teachings. So I man seh HIM name musn't be used in vain. One perfect love.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 6/7/2012 1:24:18 PM

i thought you meant that a lot of Rasta teachings do not conform with the Bible or Selassie-I...

but most of the things you have pointed out as not found in the Bible or Selassie-I are found in the Bible,
like repatriation and the herb.

you think Selassie-I never said anything on the herb......no you are wrong!
remember Selassie-I is Solomon, who wrote about the herb in His proverbs, seen?

it's like all the things that Jesus has taught are Emmanuel-I's teachings, seen?

And how could you expect a wise man like King Selassie-I to grow dreadlocks, yet He fully understood that it is a disrespect if you ain't under the Nazarite vow?
Is a King forced to be a Bobo Shanti?

it is unwise to wear dreadlocks if one is not a Nazarite...no wonder King Selassie-I just avoided baldness like Marcus-I did, seen?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/7/2012 3:34:43 PM

No man u didn't overstand I. Also u don't even overstand my stand. Bro Kanjas u haffe read carefuly what I wrote. Those things about herb n dreadlocks I told u dat they are bein said by some people who are fighting against rasta teachings. Now u seh I'm de one who say those things. Ofcourse I did say there are some rasta teachings which are not in bible n HIM words. When I say HIM words I mean those documented speeches he gave as a king of Abyssinia. U say Solomon is Selassie I. Dats new to I. I'v heard dat he did come as prince Mechelzidek n Iyesus Christ then a king later. I know HIM to be from de lineage of king Solomon. Anyway dat has got nothing to do with I reasoning, I don't know why u bring it in. What I was expecting from de I was to tel I wheather u agree or disagree with I statement. It seem u disagree with I. Are u bro Kanjas implyin dat u can get all rasta teachings by just reading HIM speeches de bible alone? If so I think u wrong. Mek we reason pon dat instead of things I didn't say. More love.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 6/7/2012 5:09:50 PM

Ras kanjas
Ive noticed in a lot of your posts you misinterpret what ones are saying. and jump to your own conclusions. leaning on your misunderstandings to judge and blaze fiya . Bredren this isnt a attack just saying sometimes ones need to check their ego and humble themselves. Seen?

Bredren BlackHeart That whole Reincarnation thing doesnt sit right with I, I sight life as a Oneness with the Irits moving in and out of ones and ones, reincarnation seems to be more of the flesh, Im more concerned with the Irits which are Iternal
And yes I life is much more than is Written RastafarI is the begaining before words or even speech

Blessed Love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/7/2012 5:15:57 PM

Ras Kanjas, de I seh its disrespect n unwise fo somebody who is not a nazerite to wear dreadlocks. I disagree with u. De wearing of locks is compulsory to all rasta acording to de Nyahbinghi order. Besides dreadlocks are part of I n I heritage n black pride here ina Africa. I n I was wearing dreadlocks here ina Africa long before de bible n de nazerite vow were writen. I n I did not comb so locked hair were a common thing in de past. Maybe what u said is part of Bobo teachings I don't know. Most of de idrens ina mi area are nyhaman so I man get rasta teachings mostly through de Nyahbinghi order. I man don't know much about de Bobo way n mean no disrespect to dem. Blessed love.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I