Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4710&start_row=11

Lookinf for anwsers

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: chica Sent: 7/11/2012 6:57:47 PM

Bredren, thank you for your guidance. I have been invited to attend a gathering and am quite excited and nervous as it is my first one. It was suggested to me by the people I will be attending with that it would be just to simply listen and observe, not ask any questions and hold them for later. And, yes, I was also advised not to wear pants and to cover my head. I have no issue with either request as I prefer dresses as a matter of course and I also have to cover my head at the church I attend during certain ceremonies. Again, thank you for your guidance. Peace be with you...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/11/2012 8:02:32 PM

Rasta is freedom. Freedom to think for Iself. A personal relationship with Jah. The ability to be different and unique in our journeys but Inited under Jah love. There are many different views and this is why we reasoning same way "religious" people have church only instead we share ideas growing as we learn from eachother. Each one teach one, zeen? The I seem to be looking for rights and rituals and organization Rasta is not so much this way. The I has started her journey already. It is to find Jah within The I own self, not for anyone to tell you what to do and think all the time. Jah will guide you and bring bredren to teach you what the I does not overstand. But if InI learn anything it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS LOOK IN YOUR IBLE FOR YOURSELF.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/11/2012 8:17:15 PM

Also remember as is the way with different ChrIstian faiths so is the way with Rasta every "group" has their own preferences and beliefs. Don't judge every Rasta or every ChristIan on what a few of them did or said because at the end of the day the I faith is between the I and Jah.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/11/2012 10:03:48 PM

chica,

If you go to the page 

Itations

The I will find Reasonings on various subjects.

In regards to dress codes, they should definetely be respected when going to RasTafarI Gatherings.  A big part of the requirement for woman wearing dresses is rooted in ancient traditions, and is for woman to dress like woman and men dress like men.  I and many other RasTafarI people I know, are not strict about telling women that thay should wear dresses, but it is still good for a woman to look like she is wearing woman's clothing even if it is women's pants and shirts.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I