Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4641&start_row=11

University Application guidance

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 6/3/2012 5:52:07 PM

Give Thanks to Jah RasTafarI who makes all things possible. After sitting I Maths , English and interview assesments InI have been offered a unconditional place on I chosen course. InI know I Majesty led InI to this course as on arriving to the city of the university the first person I saw was a RasTafarI, then on entering the university itself I took a wrong turn on the campus and ended up in a room which had a picture of Bob Marley on the wall. This immediatly put I at ease and reminded I of a post Ark I had made regarding Marley a saying " me dont have education me have inspiration, if me where educated Id be a damn fool". This reminded I of the reason I was their. Divine inspiration from Selassie I, Yes I. Also I almost trimmed I beard before attending but decided against it reasoning to I self that if I compromise this one thing at the start how many more things will I compromise through I education. InI will STAND FIRM throughout

Perfect love
RasTafarI strength and Idence

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/3/2012 11:02:46 PM

Nice to hear that Matthew. Education can be useful, just be sure to stay close to Jah.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/3/2012 10:19:42 PM

The Rasta Idren in the video Reasons about the babylon education system. He Reasons that

"If you go to school, they will teach you their way, but you never come out trying to be your own boss. You're looking for a job. So you get a BA, you get an "x" amount of pay. You get a Masters, you get a higher standard of pay. You get a doctorate, you get a hell of a pay. So you go for a doctorate to get a job. Not to work for yourself. And that's the way babylon has set that system to have you in that mental slavery. So if you can free yourself. That is the key."

"babylon is a wicked system that opposes righteousness. babylon is a small, elite, group of a people, a small group, a minority, that decide that they must rule the world under their government, and their system. They don't care about the welfare of other people, only their fat belly."

The knowledge that education brings is useful, but the university system is organized and controlled by babylon for their purposes and benefit.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/4/2012 5:26:40 PM

I don't know about elsewhere, but here in England the degree doesn't even mean a job anymore. Although I personally went into university for the knowledge and not the ticket, plenty of youths these days are reaching those heights of education after centuries of being excluded from it only to find that there are no jobs waiting for them when they come out. That kind of situation is dangerous for babylon because the I is right that they set and sell education to lead into that jobs arrangement. So what happens now that there is a generation of youths full up of education, conscious that something is wrong and motivated to work, but there are no jobs to go around?

I and I need to make sure that youths know what to do with their talents and skills so they don't stagnate or go down the wrong path. I see too many youths letting the frustrations get to them, and I overstand why plenty just drop out, because I and I youths are bearing the brunt of this revelation time. I and I are growing up in a world where owning a house is for the rich only, food prices go up by the day and there is no money in I and I pockets and no paying work to be had. Already I see more and more young people living homeless and I might be joining them sooner rather than later. And the madness is that every youth feeling it knows why its happening. The youths who never went to babylon universities are educated enough in these times to know that somewhere along the line someone is robbing their future before they can even live it and they're angry.

Fire and lava on babylon. Jah come quickly and tear down its walls and barriers and free up the youths so I and I can live up.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/2/2012 9:48:18 PM

Yes I Nazarite I,

Many of the youths of today struggle to find jobs after graduation, and many are heavily in debt because of their student loans.

I Give Thanks to Jah RasTafarI that I haven't had to take any loans so far.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/2/2012 10:34:06 PM

People should make sure that they go to school for something that has good job prospects. If a person goes for something that is not in demand, they will have a harder time, if it is something that has demand, but too many people are getting that degree, they will have a harder time. But even when that is considered, people must also consider their skills. If a person is not good at math, then they should not go towards type of degree that is heavy on math. If a person is not good at memorizing things, then they shouldn't go towards something that is heavy on memorization.

Alot of people who have troubles during and after university are in that situation because they didn't take into consideration the things I mention above.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 9/3/2012 2:37:58 AM

In school they never teach about Haile Selassie I or Marcus Garvey or anyone that would have a positive effect on us Youths. I have been learning about the Holocaust since 6th grade, and after going to 8 different high schools so far in my 3 years of attending high school they have taught me plenty about Mussolini and Hitler.

The school year starts soon, and I will be attending Missouri Options, a credit recovery program in which one studies then takes a GED test (Graduate Equivalency Diploma) but instead if one passes he or she would recieve Diploma instead. The reason this program has been established is because the GED is no longer the best way to reach employment. I did not choose for this program to be something I apply myself to, it was by the work of the State System that put me in that position.

I know as a livicated Rastafarian that in schools they never teach anything that has positive effects. The textbooks never teach about Haile Selassie I so I have made the possible mistake of focusing on my livity, and sustaining it, and ignoring education. But I also know school promotes nationalism, assimilation of minority peoples, and the illusion called patriotism, all with capitalistic ideals and thoughts.

They tell us youths to stand up to perform the pledge of allegiance with our right hand over our hearts facing the American flag, but Haile Selassie I teaches us to show not ultimate allegiance to nations, but to the fellow men within the human community.

The school provides classes in learning international languages like German, French, and Spanish, but never Amharic, Twi, Baluba, etc.

So the high school is Babylon. And without high school no one can reach university education.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/8/2012 9:04:18 PM

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I