Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4594&start_row=1

Egyptian art

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/27/2012 7:12:56 AM

In my home I have various pieces of Egyptian art and statues, since a young child I have been facinated by Egyption history and culture. I have just read a passage in the bible that speaks against such things and would appreciate some guidance regarding displaying such things in my home,

-------------- deutronomy 7 -------------------

[25] The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.
[26] Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.
------------------------

Blessed love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/27/2012 11:40:19 AM

blessed guidance for this reasoning. I need answeres over the same. once i had peices of art in my house.I had been told that symbols attract or repel angles, (and angles do move in and out of the habitations of man). i destroyed them all. come to think of it, I sight that Jah weighs the heart. So it depends on the motive, and the ultimate motive of an image is worship. Jah guidance and protection

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I