Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4480&start_row=11

MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/27/2011 11:16:00 AM

Marcus Garvey didn't Iverstand Selassie I's plan. To Garvey, it looked like Selassie I had deserted the Ethiopians to the brutal Italian army that was using poison gas and massacring innocent people.

What Garvey did not Iverstand was that Selassie I went to England to get help from the British and other allied nations so that Ethiopia could fight with modern weapons against the Italians.

Remember that during that time period, it looked like the axis powers of Germany and Italy had the advantage, Germany was taking over all of Europe and bombing England during the Battle of Britain.

Selassie I did defeat the Italians, Garvey just didn't live long enough to see that day.

Here are some related Reasonings:

I am confused...about this editorial by Marcus Garvey

a passage from the so called prophet, Marcus Garvey

black supremacy

Marcus Speech?

Garvey's hatefull editorial Bout His Majesty

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/30/2011 11:35:01 PM

I can't over de reasoning of de I. Is de I not tryin to discredit Marcus Garvey? Rasta people lets not forget de works of Garvey. If u black and proud den u hafe acept Garvey as yo prophet. Raspect to Marcus Garvey. One aim, one God, one destiny. Selah.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/31/2011 9:15:06 AM

Black heart,

I am not trying to discredit Marcus Garvey. Marcus Garvey is a Prophet, He did many amazing and important works. I am Reasoning about the editorial that Garvey wrote that criticized Selassie I's exile to Britain.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 12/31/2011 12:32:51 PM

Yes I Garvey is InI prophet, he did a lot of good in the world and liberated millions not only physically but also mentally. But he was also human he made some mistakes and said some things that went against what RasTafarI teaches, to I this doesn't take away any of the great things he accomplished, but I refuse to follow any man blindly, I call the good along with the bad, I call these things based on the words and teachings of Jah RasTafarI

Blessed love

Messenger: IAMGODALMIGHTY Sent: 1/5/2012 4:42:47 PM

Blessed Love, Marcus Garvey's work was acceptable to God! What he said of Haile Selassie I must not be used as a divisive schema! He is a prophet to many including Rastafari people!

Messenger: IAMGODALMIGHTY Sent: 1/5/2012 9:40:43 PM

Blessed Love, Barack Obama I see that you officially refuse to pardon Marcus Garvey claiming it is a waste of your time! You are a sell out puppet! No real decent African American! Moreover Martin Luther King is subbordinate to he! You are a lowlife! You are no savior to black people! You will be dealt with in a way you Will never like! You will Eternally be humbled! Marcus Garvey is your Superior! He was the First Black President of African Americans! They Elected him such! This is the 100% historical Fact! Africans born on the Continent are not more blessed of God Almighty than other Black People elsewhere! I a Jamaican Rastafari African Asiatic Man am superior to All such ones! Humble your thinking and do what is right and just or suffer the consequences of your stupidity! To you idiots in the Government of the USA mostly FBI agents, operatives you are a low breed of imbeciles for attacking righteous decent people! Breaking into their emails, etc spreading an illegal campaign against people! That is a Federal Crime that is punishable! The Government is faulty! Police as such are Babylon to Rastafari as myself! You have no authority or jurisdiction over me! Marcus Garvey was very innocent! He must be exonerated!

Messenger: IAMGODALMIGHTY Sent: 1/5/2012 9:47:37 PM

Blessed Love, Under these new orders you are now the very targets as I have been targeted by you! You are the ones that better watch yourselves! Your emails are being logged! Your phones tapped! Third party Government agents are observing your activity for future prosecutions etc.. You thought you could break the laws you swore to uphold? Yet you are not above the very law! Some will receive the death penalty for attempted murder of an innocent individual! That is the penalty for that crime and sin against God! There is no escaping this fact!

Messenger: IAMGODALMIGHTY Sent: 1/5/2012 9:54:17 PM

Blessed Love, No Rastafari people should ever conspire with any Government illegally against another individual without just legal cause! For neither money, out of spite, favors, gifts etc.. That is a crime and a sin against God Almighty! The Government and their agents are not above the law! Can not attack people without a just cause! Attempting to cause someone physical, mental harm even including their demise is a crime! The punishment for which in this particular case is the death penalty! Fatal gun shot wounding to the back of the cranium! As it is said so it will be done! Eternal writ of God Almighty!!!

Messenger: IAMGODALMIGHTY Sent: 1/5/2012 10:06:50 PM

Blessed Love, Their are lately many FBI operatives being paid to spy on Rastafari people, music business people, that are not criminals! I personall do not look very favorably on such lowlifes! Government stool pigeons, traitor types! Such idiots will be dealt with severly where necessary! You need to have a just reason to target an innocent individual! Government in such cases more and more needs to be cordoned and humbled! There are people that are superior to you! Able to deal with you in ways you can never appreciate! Above your law and jurisdiction and there is nothing you can do! Your attack on me was an act of War! My Righteous Souljahs Warriors are on your very soil! Willing to carry out my divine eternal judgment on them that illegally targeted and attacked me! No trial necessary! You can never harm me!!!! Keep far from me! Your land was stolen from the Native Amerindians! Just as you stole their lands and thought you had a divine writ to do so! Drafted up documents and called it your own! I too have done the same to you!

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 1/9/2012 6:25:53 AM

Marcus Garvey, We all know that Marcus Garvey said in his Look to Africa speech, "look to Africa where a Black man willl be crowned king, in him you will find the Redeemer". But I dont know if you all know that Marcus Garvey was not the first person to say that sentence, I have read that the first person to say that line was a man called Rev James Morris Webb, what are your view on this.

much love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I