Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4473&start_row=1

Gossip and racism

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 12/4/2011 12:47:14 PM

I have recently begun to see people in a new light, I seem to be much more aware of the true character of the people I surround myself with. I have noticed the majority of people I know talk a lot but never really say anything. I no longer entertain or find conversations which usually are negative towards others entertaining. This has caused some concern from friends and family as they see me as socially withdrawn. But It is more just a case of I not being willing to change what I stand for and lowering InI morals in order to fit in, for instance why would I be interested in what is happening in the latest reality TV show when I know it's not Reality but a illusion to keep us from seeing what is really going on in the world, these are serious times but the masses of the world seem to live in a bubble of denial, if I bring this to the attention of others I am told to lighten up, so I no longer try. Selassie I has taught I the importance of word sound and power so to I if I join in with the negative gossip of my peers I am going against the teachings of his majesty and bringing negative energy into my being. at work I have noticed a lot of people will speak to others as if they are best friends but as soon as there back is turned they gossip about them. I have also noticed a lot of racism and a gang mentallity amongst my colleagues seems if someone makes a mistake or offends someone and they are Black, Asian, polish or whatever then this is justification to be racist against them but yet again only behind their back, strange thing about it is it is usually the same people who instigate this behaviour but in a group situation others who I wouldn't expect to act racist are quick to join in, I'm not sure if this is due to them being weak hearted followers who are afraid they will be victimised if they don't partake or if it is just their character to act like this, either way it is wickedness that Needs blazing, in such situations InI observe for a while allowing the wolves to show themselves , distancing myself from then on,. This then leads to my employers seeing me as unsociable and not a team player, but why should I care what Babylon thinks of InI. Guess the solution to all of this is to be self sufficient and self employed, along with finding Iself some new friends.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/5/2011 10:43:28 PM

Matthew,

Don't let the negativity of babylon get you down. Shine the Light of RasTafarI and blaze out the negativity.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 12/6/2011 3:17:59 AM

Yes I Eleazar.
Seems the more InI live for RasTafari, the more sensitive and more aware of the grip Babylon and negativity has over the people. InI wonder if it is enough to raise the I or if it is as important to also attempt to raise others? InI believe the example we show may be enough to inspire others in the same way Selassie I has inspired us. I have heard it said its impossible to help drug addicts ect until the are ready to help themselves, maybe this is the same in ones making a break from the hold of Babylon ?

Selassie I guide InI
Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/11/2011 10:04:26 PM

If the I is patient, the I will find times where the I can bring someone into a Heights conversation, at least for a short time. Sometime the I need to bring somebody a little way into those Heights, and then let them settle again, then do it again from time to time until they learn to rise a little higher as time passes.

I used to completely shun small talk, but now I make use of it a little, but usually find ways to influence conversations to be more into the Heights, or at least more interesting then small talk.

It is more useful to bring out the good in those around you rather than focus too much on their bad. The people of the world have bad mingled with good, to varying degrees for different people, but in either case, the I will not find very many that live even close to the way of Christ.

Do what you can to bring forth good, whether to advise people to help them in their daily trod, or to bring out happiness in those who have too little, or to bring some heights into their spirit, or to help them think a little different then they currently do.

I don't trod with expectation from man. The bible shows that the help of man is vanity and their is no trust in man. I look to Jah RasTafarI in all things. And since I don't trod with expectation of man, I don't get disappointed, and when people do good, I can notice it more easily, and find ways to bring forward more.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 12/12/2011 1:52:54 AM

Yes I Ark I
Reading my initial post again, it seems I am being somewhat impatient with people which is unfair really as less than six months ago I was not willing or ready to make the step of sharing my inner thoughts and feelings with the outside world, maybe there is people around me that feel the same way and in some way I can help them make the switch to conciousness. as for expectations I agree with what you are saying although with loved ones it is difficult not to have high expectations especially when you know the person is much more than they portray themselves to be.

As for my working environment it seems Jah has made the decision for I, as myself and others have been informed that our contracts which shortly expire will not be getting renewed. The funny thing is if this happened a while ago I would be seriously panicking especially as I have a young family to provide for, but I am actually exited about it as I KNOW Jah has something else planned for I. I have no doubt that Selassie I will provide for I and guide I in the right direction

Blessed Love

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I