Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=446&start_row=61

The Flesh and Blood of Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/5/2014 1:39:52 AM

I didn't bring this up to get into another conversation about this bible, no bible thing. I am only showing I interpretation of the scripture. For the past while it feel like speaking about the Bible is just inviting the conversation to get into this bible, no bible thing again.

Be free to not use the Bible of you don't want, but let others be free to Reason about the Bible without getting into this bible, no bible thing again, or Eucharist, or no Eucharist, etc., etc.

Many RasTafarI people still use the Bible, and Haile Selassie spoke greatly about the Bible. Let I and I who want to Reason about it Reason without trying to make a point about you discarding the Bible. It is not like the intention behind this Reasoning ever had the purpose to try and convince people who don't deal with the Bible to deal with the Bible.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/5/2014 7:25:17 AM

I overstand what the I is saying Ark I;yea,it's true that InI should feel free to reason about things extracted from the Bible,and Iman also notice lately that the reasonings turn into the same Bible/no Bible arguments.But is the I making a statement that someone who has his own views on the bible should not voice his opinion on the bible reasonings?I mean isn't a free reasoning a free reasoning...? [unless a post includes immorality or comlete foolishness...]

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/6/2014 11:01:00 AM

^^Hes not saying that King. We have a mutual agreement based on previous chaotic reasonings. So for example if Rastafari are reasoning over a Bible scripture or text - with full respect and faith in the word - it would be disrespectful to a certain extent if I then came in Burning this and Burning that. + Vice Versa. If reasoning on Biblical inaccuracies or misinterpretations and such (Fire) it would be disrespectful and foolish for ones to enter that reasoning discrediting Rastas for challenging the Book and telling people 'You cant be a Rasta if you dont interpret the word as I do' which is nonesense.

It was repeated on several occasion one 'cannot be a Rasta if ones ideology is different to the BELIEFS and interpretation of Haile Selassie; in terms of religion' Despite Haile Selassie saying himself he is aware that his belief system / Christianity is 'not the only valid path.' Despite Rasta for decades saying they 'Burn religion'... Despite Rasta being distinctly different to Christianity.

- In this reasoning, I saw each and every one had come to a conclusion that the Flesh and Blood of Christ means something different to what most Christians will tell you. When dealing with flesh and blood of christ, Christians will talk about Eucharist. Most Rasta (as shown in this reasoning) won't as we don't generally share that belief, nor attend church service to receive the communion. Therefore for Rasta....by way of not taking communion and therefore not interpreting 'Flesh and Blood' of Christ as His Majesty did.... this is an ideology which is 'different to the beliefs and interpretations of Haile Selassie; in terms of religion' The exact same thing those people had said 'You cannot be a Rasta' for.

Putting an old argument to bed:

How can ones not use the Bible which Selassie I believed in? Well did he not believe in the Holy Communion as the body and blood of the Lord God Iyasus Kristos? Do we use that too?

This wasn't a burn-the-bible reasoning Ark-I. Just clarification that ones are free to do what they like with religious beliefs and interpretation under the banner of Rastafari. Scripture is not the only way in which HIM is revealed.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/6/2014 12:43:35 PM

Yes Garveys Africa.I opinion is also that InI as Rasta are not obliged to practice the things or rituals that they do in the Orthodox church only becoz InI King and God is officially known as an Orthodox Christian.As I alrdeady said in a previous post that Yahshua was Baptized by John.But it doesn't mean that Yahshua was one of John's followers.I think it's less or more the same with RastafarI being an orthodox Christian,becoz He could'nt reveal that He is God to the world,like Ark I explain in his reasoning:RastafarI very discreet.Seen...?

Messenger: visiondou Sent: 3/6/2014 5:39:43 PM

I agree with Nate The orthodox church has some practices i personally find very strange there is no reason InI would have to practice Orthodox Beliefs. I see that as joining the tainted ways the christians have changed things to be. I read a bible that changed jesus to be interpreted as a man who always glows gold. there would be no reason to practice the changing of Jah father's words. InI are only obliged to take part in the worship and studying of jah's lessons

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/7/2014 2:31:07 PM

This flesh and blood ting was introduced by man who suck blood or vampires.
For the only thing I know do dat is vampire

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2014 1:11:48 PM

A bloodsucker and vamps thing for true. The concept is crazy .

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I