Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4444&start_row=1

Mind chatter

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/9/2011 7:29:46 AM

Greetings

I am having difficulty meditating at the moment, my mind seems full of pointless chatter, I am struggling to concentrate on one thing for any reasonable amount of time it's like my mind is trying to confuse I, anyone's experienced this? what does it mean?

also a question, why is it we think in words like having a conversation with our selves? Any ones ever meditate above language as in feelings, emotions or even nothingness?

As infants before we develop language skills and overstandings of language can we meditate on a higher plain? If so can we achieve this child like consciousness as adults?

Blessed love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/9/2011 8:36:02 AM

Everyone has an internal dialogue within themselves. Part of holding a good meditation in I experience is stilling it. What is probably the issue with the I is that the I is distracted. Take some time and calm the Iself. Read some scripture and chant some Ises to burn out all distractions.

I don't have time to Reason on the rest for now but I'll get back to the I.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/9/2011 12:39:01 PM

Thanks for the advice bredren the problem is if I read or chant that is consciously what I will meditate on, I am aiming to clear my mind of all thoughts of my making in order to connect with a higher heights of RasTafarI consciousness, hope that makes sense

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/9/2011 1:12:37 PM

Yes I overstand. It is something that needs practice. I can't really think of how to explain it, but the key to I has always been in breathing. Give some Ises and say prayers to burn out babylon distractions first, then when the I's meditation is firmly grounded on the Most High, sit and concentrate only on breathing. Don't force it, just breath and clear the I's head.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 12/4/2011 9:11:09 PM

Ex: I refer to ganja as it in mind because the syllables do not fit to say ganja I must say it in order to feel I have not exeedd my boundary

I wonder if this has anything to do but after smoking ganja I sometimes hear thoughts that might be garbage i cant uite remember as i have not smoked for a while. They may mostly bear garbage but one might boff revelation. I recall I strain the thoughts as if they're coming from no where but I must sort this traffic I have never tried meditating over this. If I may say, it reminds me of me viewing a quarrel . It can turn to be a little annoying if I have much else on my mind and walking for a while.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I