Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=438&start_row=1

my religion

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/6/2004 12:42:17 PM

To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion..... HIM

Religion is a way of life. Most of us will know that the only true religion is DO-GOOD, like our heart tells us. But then again, everyone who claims to have a religion will say that their religion is also about doing good. So what is the best religion? I believe that each of us should ponder this question.....

The power which you possess is but one side of the coin; the other is responsibility. There is no power or authority without responsibility, and he who accepts the one cannot escape or evade the other..... HIM

My religion follows from the fact that I have life and much power that comes with my existence in the material plane. My religion is to do the best that I can at all times according to the power that I have.

Messenger: sista Mighty-I Sent: 10/8/2004 6:25:01 PM

Selassie I bredda,

you say "Religion is a way of life". Oh JAH knows how I dislike this word of "religion"! What does it mean indeed? What's the name of your religion? "what is the best religion?" Man, does it really matter? I&I love the same God, the same Power, I&I have to follow the words of the Almighty. To me, the word "religion" is a creation of human kind. More and more, it gives excuses to interpret and so to change the rules and the Laws of JAH. How could they pray God and kill their brothers at the same time? You know, in this times of Confusion and War, religion became like a sort of fashion. People need to believe in "something" and often, they stop their research of the Truth on the first explanation one gives dem. But in fact, it's all window dressing. they convince themselves that they believe in one or another god, but they don't really believe in, they just want to believe... It makes the diference between those who have the faith and those who have not. You can call HIM, JAH, jeezus, allah, bouddah, wathever, when you have the faith, you've got no religion, you don't need the instruments of babylon to pray and give thanks to the Father because all your life prove your LOVE and dedication to HIM. And in return, HE gives you LOVE and I-tection. Your mind and body are the most beautiful church! Be pure and clean, to be ready to receive the sweet words of the Almighty. If you've got the faith, you're alive, so your faith doesn't need any church else as where she's born: in your heart. It's all days and all the day that I&I have to thanks JAH for his likness and to gave us LIFE and OVERSTANDING.

"RastafarI is not a way of life, it's a reality"

satta amassagana

sista Mighty-I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/8/2004 9:14:48 PM

Higher Love Rastafari Children!
Yes Empress, you are correct in saying that "religion" is a wicked word and religion will be yet another fuel for the fire. Gidion my lord, Paul refered to the Scribes and Pharisees as religous. They followed religion which in their case was the laws of the old testament. Theres no fault in the law, but they worshipped the law instead of God. Religion is not a way of life, religion is doctrine and tradition my lord. This is why we se so many corruptions in the catholic chruch, with dem idol worship and tings. Our Lord, His Majesty Haile I Selassie I tell InI not to confuse religion and spirituality. Our spirituality can not be confined in this word or any other. There is no way to know its weight or volume. Only the I knows himself as you do. This word is just like white supremacy, bondage and slavery. I man don't deal with no slavery. Rastafari com fi uplift InI, seen?

Rastafari Livith and Rule in the heart of every Rastafari Bredren!
All love and honor is due to King Selassie I The first and the Last!
Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/9/2004 9:22:01 AM

True. I used to feel that way about the word too. Throughout history man has used the concept of religion to divide. HIM says this in a speech, but there is a difference between what men do in the name of religion and true religion:
"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by."
So the name of the religion I am searching for is truth. I just want a way that I can explain the right path in a physical way.
Life is something spiritual, and guidance is spiritual. But I believe that it is very useful to have some physical knowledge or teachings about how to see the world and how to live in the physical level.
For example James, Jesus' disciple, says that true religion is charity to widows and orphans. No one would disagree with this no matter what name they give to their religion. As Selassie says, all the religions are the same in terms of the spirit in which the teachings are given.
So I am trying to find what physical teaching can unite all people of goodwill, who love Jah. And whatever that teaching turns out to be when we find it, THAT is the true religion. The name is not important.
So far I know that it is to do the best (most goodest thing) we can at all times and always. This is a teaching that concerns the physical level and shows how the true spirit of oneness with Jah is manifest physically. That is what true religion is to me...........

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/9/2004 8:29:18 PM

Just to clarify about the quote that the I posted Gideon.

----------------
in the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of the spirit. Whatever religions they may profess they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historical forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have always stood for the fellowship of humanity
----------------

This was said by Radhakrishan and Selassie I quoted him when He presented an honourary degree to Radhakrishan.

And about the word religion. It comes from the word religare, which means "to bind quickly". And that word doesn't communicate I and I Livity.

Part of the tradition of RasTafarI people is the Word. I and I use our Words to communicate on different levels, so that is why I and I choose certain words over others. And I and I reject certain words because they don't properly communicate what I and I are saying.

For Iself, I consider the words I use so that I communicate on the different levels in the way that I want to present I thoughts. I don't trouble certain people about the words they use because as long as I Iverstand what they are saying, then I am satisfied. But if someone wants to learn about RasTafarI tradition, then the Words I and I speak will be part of lesson.

I and I have reasons for speaking the way we do and I and I see the difference between reasoning as compared to debating or arguing. We sometimes debate and argue, but our intention is to reason, and I and I work to make sure our conversations are reasoning, and I and I try to avoid debating and arguing.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: rashyena Sent: 10/13/2004 7:07:17 AM

how do i convince other people to join my religion

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/13/2004 9:10:27 AM

Most High Selassie I Jah Rastafari!

Rashyena, you can not force people to join your faith. Not religion, faith. And it is because that it is faith that we can not force. the Bible says that Jah grants InI the grace to find faith. My lord, if you want to make a change, you have to live the change that you would like to see, seen? You must live an exemplary life for others to learn from and follow. My lord, we are the bearers of the seed. Have you ever seen the men in the feild who carry the baskets of seeds and they walk up and down and toss seeds to the soil. He throws to the left and the right not looking where the seeds land but hoping that they will grow. If this person went to check every single seed to make sure that it was growing, nothing would ever grow. Once you have given some one the word it is up to them to do something with it. Even if they refuse you are not to blame because you gave them the truth, they can't say "but no one told me." You must also remember that when people find Rastafari, it is not our victory, it is HIMS glory. Force is not used in Rastafari. We stand for freedom, not slavery. White supremacy is force, making others convert. And you must give others time, do not become angry with them because they do not believe because then you completely close the doors. When the twelve disciples were telling the masses that Jah had come they did not believe. So they went to Christ and said, "Lord, Lord none believe." He told them to knock the dust of that town off of their feet and keep moving. He didn't say, "What!! Well you better get back in there and make them believe!" Jesus Christ never used force or vengence. Haile Selassie never used force or vengence. This is also the theme in the old testament of Jerimiah, for fourty years he told the masses about the Lord and no one listened, which is why he wrote lamentations, because he was lamenting. I am pleased to know that you are concerned with others, and it is good that you wish salvation and righteousness for them, but know your role and your place. When the King comes all knees shall bow and tongues shall confess His name, they will know HIM.

Hail Negus I Selassie I Jah Rastafari
Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/13/2004 1:26:59 PM

There isn't really anything you can tell someone to make them follow a certain path. But you can give them guidance that will help them to find the path that they are already looking for. The will has to come from within that person.
Everyone wants to better themselves and enjoy a better life. So really everyone would want to learn any true thing you have to tell them. The thing is to convince the person that what you have to say is actually something that they want to follow. You have to make them see the necessity for the things you are teaching. And once you are able to communicate that, then the person will naturally accept what you are telling them.
This is why we tell others about our points of view, so that they will be able to hear something new and hopefully they would recognize that what you are saying is actually something that is beneficial for them in their life.
The only spiritual guidance that is real comes from within. And the way of life we seek is a spiritual life. But for those who are unable to find the full spiritual guidance, I believe that religion can be very useful, because through religion one can be able to act well even without the full knowledge of spiritual guidance. In this way, religion can help those who are not fully aware of Inity to still live a proper life.
Religion should never try to replace spiritual guidance, but when in doubt it is good to have a religious tradition to fall back on. Soon all doubt will be gone and we will no longer need religion, but until the fulness is revealed it is a good thing to practice and teach religious traditions that help us to live properly.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/15/2004 1:43:01 PM

Blessed Love Rasta Far I

Again ones, give thanks and Iternal praises to the Most High Haile I Selassie I.

I-wombman site that word religion is another ism. It just be a word INI site that divides ones. SO I not here to burn fiayh on that witht he bredrens and sistren who Knows INI heart.

The ting that I-wombman site is that Rasta, INI beaware of those language words that keep ones confused. If the word don't serve no purpose to the most high...get rid of it. Religion is one of those words....As many of the i's know on This board that Ras Ark provided...that word BELIEF is just pure BUMBA KLATT...LIE is in the middle of that word. Religion is the same for InI. They are concepts with no foundation, no groundation. That is why they keep ones divided. I site when reasoning with religious ones, so often a assumed raspect for beLIEfs to protect one another from reasoning TRUTH...many flee from the struggle for truth by hiding behind respect for b-LIE-fs......ones, Jah no raspector of man nor any of man's inventions words opinions and such, ya check. Livity actions and utilization of the power that the most high brought forth as INI inheritance is what is REAL....That is what is TRUTH.

I am not interested in any b-LIEfs. I site reasoning with someone who is in total opposition to what I know but knows self is more nourishing than someone who wants to patronize I behind a shield of BE-LIE-fs becuz they do not want to reveal what they are in truth.

Just as eating or not eating meat, sunday of saturday sabbath, this name or that name hailed up, opinions of this or that, following this or that...all just BUMBA KLATT...no regard to relgions beliefs laws.

I self notinterested in any man's opinions. Check ? Reason out what u know. KNOWLEDGE is the PATH to WISDOM......Realize religions merely a way to control ones on within a boundry framework to downpress. No religious man has any higher knowedge than anyone...THERE IS NO HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE. It is knowing yourself as the perfect image of the most high that ALL LIVING THINGS possess.....U site it or not. NO one makes u, convinces u, convicts u, changes u, dies for u...no way bredren. Jah not intrested in any of that stuff u do for the benefit of others. Site. LIVE UP LIVE RIGHT it is the most natural thing in the world, just look a baby, a little child before they start talking and site that they know. It is when man wants to dominate other men for thier own benefit in the name of humanity.....Liting up one another is nothing noble.....it is the thing to do.

What kind of creator, who claims perfection, would make from his word a imperfect offspring granting him full rights to all of creation and then make him a helpless puppet?

Ones possess the power of the most high haile I selassie i. TO misuse that power is destruction of life itself, but it don't do a thing to the most high, site? Cuz the father blessed INI with all that HIM create. HIM compassion and mercy is beyond man's mere mind, becuz man limits that with his selfish standing of self.

man free to follow anyone anything under the sun. That is the freedom that ones possess and chose to use or not use right or wrong....it comes to knowledge of INI.

Rasta speak in a simple direct tongue. Let your love be in deed and action , not in word and tongue. If a word is not truthful, fiyah pon that word, don't continually manifest that LIE by using the word...NOISE POLLUTION

Hailing up Rasta don't make one a mystic, a prophet, preacher, teacher or anything......BE WHO U ARE...INI.

Rasta no religion, but the i free to invent it so and convince followers to joing up and follow your precepts.

The mysticism is the manifestation of TRUTH in livity.

NO one can measure that, judge that, take a poll on that get approval for that....IT JUST IS.

PERFECTION OF DIVINTIY IS EVERYONE's DUTY......

RASTA FAR I
LOVE IS the ONLY Law to OBEY

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I