Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4313&start_row=1

Da Bible is Chriatian and InI trod for Rastafari!!!

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: razion Sent: 4/30/2011 3:16:50 PM

Blessed luv in da name of InI creator and da creator of ALL JAH RASTAFARI!!! InI would like to reason about someting dat InI feel strongly about and dat is da fact dat da Bible is not an African ting and as Rastafarians should not embrace it so, because in reality da I is embracing an ancient weapon of mass destruction, a book that did NOT exist in any of the nations of Africa in which humans were stolen. our ancestors!! da ancestors of da foundation of RASTAFARI!! da "movement" of Rastafari as we ALL know, manifested from da movement of Marcus M Garvey JAH bless!! da movement to return to our Motherland, to da West Coast and to Central Africa. these were NOT christian nations they(we!!)were(are!!) Maw Maw , Ashanti, Yorubas, ect... for da I Rastafari is a total embracement of African Spirituality!! InI hold forth a firm belief in da Most High Creator not a man not a woman!! greater than anyting we can see wit da naked eye yet we see JAH everywhere. a Natural Mystic!! one need not to look into a book for guidance but into oneself seek da prophet in ya self! dat's where JAH at!!! InI am an African InI am a human InI need not waste InI time debating ovah words written on paper InI to busy livin da life InI love & lovin da life InI live!!! thank JAH Rastafari!!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/30/2011 11:49:22 PM

This thing has been Reasoned here many times. When I think about how Selassie I speaks about the Bible, and when I think about what I have learned from the Bible; I see no reason to follow you or others that want people to discard the Bible.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 5/1/2011 12:14:00 PM

"Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."
- Haile Selassie I

True that the Bible has been used for some terrible things over the years. I and I only need to look at colonialism to see that. But let I and I not forget also that the Bible reached Ethiopia long before it reached Rome...

Blessed love.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I