Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4309&start_row=1

Circumstances

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/29/2011 9:08:46 AM

Blessed

mi see another thred whe remind i of a ting mi was curious about, so mi waan ask di i dem
can yuh think of any circumstance where yuh would allow yurself to eat meat ?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/29/2011 9:17:44 AM

If the only other choice was death from starvation.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 4/29/2011 11:00:00 AM

Exactly what Ark I said essentially.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/29/2011 8:32:59 PM

seen...well i self, mi haffi disagree wid dat meditation, mi jus nah see life dat way
Ital a di Law mi live mi life by, and mi nah break dat Law fi nothing to do wid mi "self"
If mi inna position where mi will go hungry if mi nuh eat meat, dats quite ok wid i, mi will hol mi hunger
Not matter how mi hungry, mi hol mi faith dat Jah Jah will provide for His children.
And if mi haffi go hungry till di point of destrution of di flesh, dats ok too, cah if Jah dont provide for i till dat point, then mi know dats how He wants it to be, Jah will be done. Death is a minor ting.

But what is most important is how mi interact wid all mi bredrin and sistren, all mi fellow human beings, for Jah One Order is Love ye one another as how He love InI

So when mi think of any circumstance where i might break mi Ital law, it could only be for the reason of Love.

Imagine a situation where yuh a trod thru di earth, and yuh pass thru a certain region and yuh are tired and weary and hungry, and yuh happen to meet a man native to dem parts who sees dat yuh are need and he seh come forward home wid mi. So yuh go to his house, and yuh see the man is a very poor man and his family hardly have enuff fi eat...and all him have in his house is a little meat, and he sacrifice his own meal and offers yuh a little of di meat him have.......

i would eat

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/29/2011 8:39:52 PM

and i pray no one will confuse this situation wid how dem a seh, when in rome
fyah bun

Messenger: osar Sent: 4/29/2011 9:03:12 PM

it is all jah aint it
it is whay comes out of your tung
not whot goes into the beli

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/30/2011 12:23:24 AM

Why wouldn't you tell the man, thank you for your generosity, but I can't take food that you need for your family, it is more important to give that to your children for their health, because I am not in need for it, I trust that Jah will give I food, and if He doesn't, then it is because He wants it to be.

I would be more likely to do that in that situation, especially if I am just hungry, tired and weary, and not near death. If I survive, I would help the family afterwards, in AppreciLoveness of their kindness.

There are things I am willing to die for, but it doesn't make sense to I to die because I won't eat flesh when it is the only food around I that would prevent I death. For example, if I was stranded in a very cold place, with no edible vegetation because of the winter, and knew I would likely be stuck there a long time, then I would hunt and trap animals to survive.

I don't stay away from flesh because of a law, just as I don't stay away from alcohol and anything of the grape vine because of a law. I stay away from those things because they are a hinderance to the Works I and I need to do, and the Heights I and I need to Trod upon. And I also stay away from those things because I senses reject them, so I know they are things that don't fit with I. But something that is even more of a hinderance to I Works is death, unless it is a death that was a result of certain Works I needed to do.

Christ spoke about certain things that are acceptable to do on the Sabbath because of the circumstances, even though under normal circumstances they are not acceptable. Because as He said the Sabbath was made for Man, not Man for the Sabbath. There are Reasons for all the things RasTafarI asked I and I to do, from the things he asked of the regular population, to the things He asked of the Priests or Nazarites.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/30/2011 10:13:07 AM

A ting not many overs in this world is dat di joy of doing good for someone is equal to if not more to di joy of good being done for you.

No matter how yuh dress it up wid di I good intentions, it nuh matter in his eyes cos all yuh are doing really is refusing him and so cutting his joy

In dat sort of situation, i man cannot stand inna di way of someone doing good for i and tek a away di blessing dat Jah will return to him 7 fold.
And even tho him a give away his last meal, if he has faith in the Father that He will provide for him and his family, who am i to cheapen his faith by telling him,no, give it to your family, as if i know better
No iyah, di I in I would not allow i to do dat

And also, in dat situation, even if mi have money in i pocket, mi wouldnt offer him any in return for di plate a food....unless of course mi sense dat he is doing good for i looking for money...in dat case i wouldnt eat his food in di first place...but as long as mi see him a do it purely out of di goodness of his heart, to offer him money , is like him a try deal wid i pon a High level and mi a deal wid him pon a Lowly level.
No iyah,mi couldnt do dat
might do sumthin like tell him where i live and invite him and his family anytime, or when i go home, i might send him some tings from my land, tings of dat sort

I man is not willing fi die for anything :-) no I

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 4/30/2011 11:58:45 AM

Give thanks for the Reasoning so far.

As it has been said already, sometimes there are greater evils than eating flesh. I would never eat flesh and break the Ital Livity for just hunger. Hunger is a thing that can be overcome through faith as I and I can learn to do through fasting. Starvation is another matter where the body is on the point of death. If I was in a place where there was no Ital food, say in the example that Ark I used of a place with deep, cold winters when no vegetation flourishes, and I was lying by a river drinking I last drop of water before I body shuts down from starvation and suddenly I see a fish that I can reach out and catch, then in I mind that is the blessing of life that I would have praying for all that time in the wilderness. That fish would be I choice between life and death, and unless I death will serve a purpose greater than I works can achieve then I would choose life every time because I know that the dead can't give thanks and praises.

As for the example the I Fikre Jahnoi gives of the gift of food, I am inclined to agree with the I mostly. I would not deny the blessing given to I by the man and his family. Perhaps if I hunger was not greater than theirs I would insist on sharing the food with them rather than accepting it all but in principle I think I would do the same as the I. Certainly I would give thanks in whatever way I could.

Blessed love.

Messenger: osar Sent: 4/30/2011 12:02:49 PM

death is another dilusion created by babiwrong and I AND I know life is for Iver and about the things pertaining to the Isaints, me has no room inn

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I