Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4228&start_row=11

Rastamouse on British telivision

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 2/9/2011 3:43:14 AM

Yes I. Blessed love and guidence through the tribulation Black Christ Salvation.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/9/2011 8:16:47 PM

Black Christ Salvation,

RasTafarI is I and I Life Boat during these times.

Emmanuel I Selassie I Bless

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 2/10/2011 3:26:40 PM

Honourable Ark I, give thanks for the mighty psalm 27 of King David !!!

I also to give thanks for all thoughts and prayers from the I them on Iman behalf!

All glory, honour and Ises be to the Most High JAH RASTAFARI HAILE SELASSIE I

I do give thanks for His skillful guidance and blessed protection!
HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/18/2011 10:01:33 AM

mi bredrin tell mi seh dem about to bring some kind of comic book now with a Ras superhero character...don know wha it called still
mi nuh know wha a gwaan these days

as mi think of it, i think di only representation of a Ras dat mi seen widout feeling no offense or anythin is di jamaican Hermes from di cartoon Futurama.
Dat always mek mi laugh mi haffe say. When di other characters would say sumthin like, oh God, or oh gosh....Hermes will say sumthin like, sweet lion from zion lol
perhaps it is cos a character like Hermes is from people who do not know Rastafari dat mi nuh mind it too much
its only when mi see dem tings from ini people who should know better dan rasta mouse dat get mi vex

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 2/18/2011 11:52:55 AM

It's interesting that you brought up that hermes character because a friend asked I about that the other day and I think the people who made that character know more about Rastafari then the character lets on. I might just be looking too deep into it but I think it's an ironic parody of what they think Rastafari might have become in 1000 years. If the I looks at it, the character is the polar opposite of what I and I are. He works as a truly merciless beurocrat, eats huge 'manwhiches' full of meat and doesn't particuarly care about his fellow man. It's like he's a babylonian Rasta. It might not be intentional even but it's an interesting thought to meditate on so that I and I can avoid that future. Either that or it's horribly offencive. I can't decide between the two.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/18/2011 2:04:28 PM

lol
No I, there is no " It's like he's a babylonian Rasta" about it. He IS a babylonian Ras.
But mi nuh think its too much to do wid any kind of..agenda, yuh see mi...mi think dats jus more of a comedic mind at work. Its like dem seh, ok, we have a Rasta character, what do wi do wid him...dem know di "ganja smoke follow him every where" kinda ting been dun again and again so dem go di total opposite way....di anti-rasta if yuh will..dats just fuel for dem comedy.
Probably have a lot to do wid di creator of di show who also create di simpsons, he seem to have a hippie background. Mi rememba a simpson episode when homer have di rasta tam pon him head...dont even rememba how many weed episodes dem have

but as mi seh, babylon will be babylon, nah expect nuthin less.....so same time, Rasta should be Rasta....mi nuh care too much wha babylon dem say bout ini...but dem who seh dem a wi idren, mi care wha dem a put out into di world wid Rasta name attached to it

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I