Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4228&start_row=1

Rastamouse on British telivision

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 2/1/2011 4:32:51 PM

I don't know if any of the Idren here have come across them but there is a series of childrens books written by a Rasta called Rastamouse. Iman have never come across the the books but recently I heard about these books being turned into TV series that is now airing on the British channel CBeebies aimed at 2-3 year old children. Out of curiosity to see what this was all about I checked out the first episode...

Rastamouse Episode 1

I've been Reasoning with some Idren about this and the reaction seems to be mixed about it. Considering that it gives no teachings about His Majesty or Rastafari, I and I called into question why it was called Rastamouse. One of Idren suggested that maybe 'crimefighting reggae mouse with dreadlocks' would have been a better title and I can sight why. Still, the moral message I think was good enough and if it was giving explicit teachings about His Majesty or Rastafari, I doubt the BBC would have picked it up. Others found it quite disappointing, pointing out that the main character drops everything to go work for the 'president' who is depicted as a police chief and Iman can sight that also. Others pointed to the big chunk of gold the main character wears around his neck and what messages that gives out to the children.
Iman would pose the question to any of the Idren who have children whether or not they would consider this show appropriate for Rastafari children. So far it has generated some good Reasoning among the Idren I have been speaking to so I thought I would bring it here also.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/6/2011 11:49:09 PM

It seem strange to I that RasTafarI people would make such a thing. Out of all the animals in creation, they decide to choose a mouse?

Leviticus 11
29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 2/7/2011 9:32:37 AM

True I. I would have thought the obvious choice of animal for the character would have been a Lion. Not sure why the author of the book chose a mouse.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/7/2011 3:28:09 PM

it not even di fact dat its a mouse dat mi nuh like, but di idea dat ini are here fighting for wha ?......to be just like dem ??
di idea dat ini are now achieving some kinda equality, like its a sign dat ini are progressing in this world becah now we can do wah dem do, we can have wat dem have

like once before one rasta daughter entered inna beauty contest and some was talkin bout it like its a sign of ini progress

bun dat, mi nuh waan be like dem, dats not wha mi fightin fah.

jus by chance only recent, mi was reasonin wid a bredrin and mi tell him seh, yuh know mi would be interested in findnig out wha it woulda tek to finance and mek some animation films...and mi a think it would be nice to do some films for di children so dem nuh haffe look pon snow white all di time, animate some ible stories as how ini tell dem, an animated film on Christ, Moses etc, as only how Rastafari people can tell it...mi did even think of animated films with stories of ini Incient past, African stories wid African wisdoms, stories of ini Incient Rastafari Patriarchs....and such

but mi see some people pon a diff level....rasta mouse....smh

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/7/2011 4:23:55 PM

Yes I, a mouse that works for the police. That sounds like a rat to I.

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 2/7/2011 5:12:08 PM

That sounds like a nice idea Fikre Jahnoi. If the I is serious about it, animation can be quite cheap to put together with a little expertise but the problem would lie more in getting the animations published and distributed. Iman know of people who have made decent animations (stuff on the visual level with this rastamouse thing) with almost no money using just plasticine and a camera but unless the I is happy with just youtube or something as a distribution method then the I would need to find someone to publish the films or the I could do it by the Iself.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 2/7/2011 11:50:22 PM

speaking of rats.... the woman that I used to live with..whom I thought was my empress, although she didnt sight up RASTAFARI yet...in my mind I thought it was just a matter of time..

well, to make a long, long story short: she just could not take the pressure from babywrong police-forces and such, so this past week she threw I out of our gates and as that wasnt enough, she also ratted on I and sold I out completly and totally to the wicked wicked police and authorities....!

So right now judgement is redder than usual. My time to leave babylon once and for all has come. Pray for my speedy deliverance my lords and empresses, princes and princesses...JAH RASTAFARI LIVES AND RULES AND REIGNS FOR I-VER MORE...BLESSED LOVE TO ONE AND ALL. MAY THE MOST I BLESS AND KEEP I'N'I ALL. AND CAUSE HIS HOLY FACE TO SHINE UPON US ALL, THAT WE SHOULD BE SAVED AND REDEEMED! REDEMPTION GOD JAH RASTAFARI SELAH. HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/8/2011 7:51:31 AM

dat sound terrible iyah

Selassie I keep and itect di I

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 2/8/2011 5:37:06 PM

A mouse is good for a serpent to prey on. InI don't sight any Rasta being prey for the serpent of babywrong. InI agree they should use the LION of JUDAH to portray Rastafari and quote H.I.M's teachings to educate the youth of today.

JAH JAH's teachings will prevail
Babywrong's teachings will fail.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/8/2011 9:04:29 PM

Black Christ Salvation,

RasTafarI Guidance and Itection to keep the I in these times. Always know who to look to and the I will know where, when and how to Trod. Haile Selassie I is I and I Light and Salvation, whom shall I and I fear. RasTafarI is the Strength of I and I Life, whom shall I and I be afraid.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I