Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4207&start_row=1

Forced to Sin

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/10/2011 10:19:00 PM

I just read something in the news saying that they made a ruling in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada that marriage commissioners (including priests) can't refuse to marry batty boys.

Here is a quote from one of the judges,
------------------------------------------------------
“As can be easily understood, such effects can be expected to be very significant and genuinely offensive. It is not difficult for most people to imagine the personal hurt involved in a situation where an individual is told by a governmental officer, ‘I won’t help you because you are black (or Asian or First Nations) but someone else will,’ or ‘I won’t help you because you are Jewish (or Muslim or Buddhist) but someone else will,’ ” Judge Richards wrote.

“Being told, ‘I won’t help you because you are gay/lesbian but someone else will,’ is no different.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/prairies/same-sex-nuptials-cant-be-refused-on-religious-grounds-saskatchewan-court-rules/article1863987/
------------------------------------------------------

It is such a disrespect to compare the African, Asian and First Nation race to sexual perversion and sin.

If a government wants to allow gay marriages, they should only require their justice of the peace to marry them and let priests have a choice. They talk about rights and the judge even uses religious rights to compare to gay rights, disrespecting the religions of others by comparing their religion to sexual perversion and sin. The judge talks about the eights of religions, but why don't they have a right to refuse to perform a marriage of sin. One priest was fined $2500 for refusing.

Sodom and Gomorrah

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/10/2011 11:50:37 PM

and no one ask dem since when did a priest became a govament official ?

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/11/2011 3:44:45 AM

Wicked but fits in time i suppose. As the fined priest, I and I must not forget we have a choice, always.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/11/2011 7:25:33 PM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/11/2011 10:17:39 PM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/11/2011 10:24:29 PM

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/11/2011 7:42:08 PM

The "lgtb" group had a "coming out day" at the university I go to. A representative asked I if I wanted to talk about homosexuality, I just walked away as fast as I could.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I