Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4159&start_row=1

Haile Selassie a Vegetarian?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/30/2010 5:01:46 PM

greetings,

I was watching a youtube video on an interview with a very respectable Rastafarian in Shashamane and the interviewer asked if His Imperial Majesty was a vegetarian, he replied and said yes! I would beg to differ, if so where is the evidence? I being like Haile Selassie am a tewahedo and we fast 3 quarters of the year, but once we have fasted, we Ethiopians have a ritual of going and buying some sheep, cow, and/or chicken. We bless it and cut it. Even when Menelik II dfeated Italian invasion, they celebrated by eating raw meat. Now i think it is a good thing if you fast from faith and not for the show. But some people really cant go a lifetime with no meat. A scripture i would like to share, Colossians Ch:2 vs.16, ''So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths''. So tewahedo are no less than Rastafarians since we eat meat, but i respect how certain rastafarians fast for Jah for a lifetime, tahts commitment! So basically i need some proof that H.I.M Emperor Haile Selassie didnt eat meat.

Love is the Answer

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/30/2010 6:13:24 PM

DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER THAT HE ATE MEAT ?

Matthew 14:31
And immediately Yes-us stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Matthew 17:20
And Yes-us said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

STOP MOVE LIKE A DOUBTING THOMAS....

FAITH FIRM AND STRONG I AND I RASTAFARI HAVE!

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/2/2010 4:36:56 PM

Greetings,

I tried watching the documentary i have on Haile Selassie where he was at a feast and he was by an Abuna, i could not tell if there was meat in front of H.I.M. Gin i know the Kes who baptised me at St.Stifanos Church in Meskel Square Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, he personally knew haile Selassie, and he told me out of all the churches in Ethiopia he loved St.Stifanos. So what i'm thinking is I'll call my cousin who is in Addis Ababa and ask him to go ask the Kes if Haile Selassie ate meat. The only reason i'm so keen in haile Selassie eating meat is because i know he was a devout Tewahedo, and we Tewahedo eat meat on certain times!

Igzabhier yistilign

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/2/2010 10:24:00 PM

I used to occasionally eat fish. I haven't eaten any flesh for at least half a year, and it doesn't really appeal to I anymore.

Whether Haile Selassie I ate flesh or not, it is irrelevant to I. I doubt that Selassie I ate much flesh, if any.

And just as Ethiopian Orthodox eat flesh sometimes, they also fast for a large part of the year. Fasting does not include eating meat.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/7/2010 1:05:58 PM

greetings,

i always try to discover the truth... i just got word from ithiopia from my cousin that ask the Head Kes at St.Stifanos church, he said Haile Selassie ate meat after fasting time. He knew H.I.M personally, and i dont think he would lie... anyways That dont take anything away from H.I.M though, still the Holy Lion Of Judah!

One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/8/2010 10:45:56 PM

Young Lion,

It is natural for RasTafarI people to stop eating flesh. It is just who I and I are.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 12/9/2010 9:54:50 AM

speaking of food, Nazarite I, idren mi hope dat mi didnt discourage the i from posting more recipies, i say cos the i has not posted anything on that topic since ini did reason. What i man sed was jus my way of injecting a little rememberance of humility, dats all.

The i know seh InI love all di create-ivity, whether in food or anythin else

Bless

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 12/9/2010 6:42:44 PM

Trust I, it wasn't that. I'm thankful for the I's contribution there actually.

I've just been a bit too busy with other things to post any new recipes or contribute to many Reasonings. Iman just returned from that madness in London for a start and I've had a lot of work to do. I'll maybe post up a new recipe tomorrow if I find the time.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/11/2010 11:23:37 AM

greetings,

Heres the Kes i was talkin about, u mite see him on ur trip to Ithiopia..

Photobucket

Messenger: Banned Roots Sent: 4/28/2011 10:34:56 PM

Peace Young Lion!

In response to to the question of H.I.M. consuming the fruit of death, ignoring the Golden Rule of Universal Love and leading I family to stumble, offend, and be made weak.

Romans 14:20-23 (King James Version)

20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

BLESS!

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I