Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4150&start_row=11

Rastafari Cross

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: lionmarley Sent: 5/18/2011 6:57:45 PM

Greetings Ras,

I have one of the Haile Selassie Korean War medal if you are interested. The one that Damian and Stephen wear is a replica that they must have had custom made in gold. I am sure you can have this gold plated if you like.
Blessings

Messenger: Bongo Asher Sent: 4/13/2014 10:06:01 AM

Greetings. I can get u one. But there is two Ethiopia asked sweden for help to make these also so u have two dem look exatcly alike but the ethiopian is a little less in details than the sweden made. The ehiopian weigh 49 but is bronze with silver plating the sweden is 44 silver and a higher silver halt and quality. There is no Empress Menen u have also the writing under the lions head saying in amharic the lion of the tribe of Judah hath conquered and on the backside we love the freedom of everyone. We are opposed to agession. 1943 korea the year of mercy. I am blessed to own one got it this year of 2014 but searching many year. The Grand Officer of the star of Ethiopia Jim Marshall given the title from Selassies grandson crown prince Amha. Anyway the price range is hard to say u cant get for 300 a swedish but then a broke bronze silver plating can cost 425 euro. Do u have facebook? If u serious I can talk wid ki bredda u will get paper of autentihy . So the only way to know ifnits complete silver or not is on the bottom is saysC.C. Sporrong & Co SWEDEN. if its nothing marked exepct the amharic writing its the bronze and cheaper and less detailed one but still one would and shiuld be honoured to have one. They are usually from the years 1951-53. And as the other wrote its a medal for bravery and was given to ethiopian soldier coming home fro the korea war. It is in shaoe of a coptic cross so u can wear it as a orthodox cross , above selassie u have tree roots to a cool small copy of the ancient Ethiopians emperors crown wid details as St. GÖRAN killing the dragon and another small coptic cross o the crown . The black parts are oxided silver . It is 3Diemensionall so look from straight and turn and u can see the emperors left eye all of a sudden. But the history and all wow.but I recommend get the real thingin silver doesnt cost so much more than the bronze silverplating but that is oftenpeople dont know there is a bronze silver plated and one all silver . But this Elder Rasta he is humble and burn money so he always give good price and is not impossible to fix. I go on wellfare but still got the oportionity to get one of these medals thanks to Jim. Its not only to find it but to get them tl sell and be fast when they sometimes comeup they go away fast. I thinknow he actually has the swedish/ethiopian versionen and the ethiopian/korea medal with the medal ribbimin also and the original ring. Look me up pon faceboon Bongo Asher (Thord Lundmark) from Boden Sweden. RasTafarI ps. Bunny wailer also have one but only seen Tosh wear a original. The make moldes and make the gold that way but u loose the historiacal value and details and the black parts and the tree roots symbolising roots of david is not good and the st goran and horse killing the dragon is hard nuff to see but in gold hard hard. Its hard nuff pon mineto see all the small details and mine is swedish made and Jim said the best one he seen in almost mintcondition and over 65 years old. It came back home to Sweden aftr 65 year. Selassie and sweden had good connection and working together ina many different things been here as Prince Ras Tafari Makonnen and after as Selassie when he gave a Solomonic lamp hanging i a uppsalakyrka somethkng for rasta to see if in sweden

Messenger: Bongo Asher Sent: 4/13/2014 10:15:35 AM

But if u get it to buy on another way check wid me so I can see its real or what silver amount and so on. Bongo Asher Thord Lundmark on facebook . Link up

Messenger: Tedros Sent: 11/3/2014 3:08:39 PM

Greetings,

I came upon your forum when I was searching for something. I know this was a while ago but are u still looking for the pendant mentioned in the forum?

Messenger: Tedros Sent: 11/3/2014 3:11:19 PM

If anyone is interested in the pendant mentioned here. I have a couple in solid 14kt gold. Link up if interested

Messenger: zeddyzeddy Sent: 12/13/2014 4:43:18 AM

Greetings, I'm interested in the pendant.

Messenger: Inity D Sent: 11/5/2015 4:53:20 PM

Greetings. I know this was posted some time ago but I have been looking for a replica Selassie Korean War medal like the one Damian Marley wears and I was wondering if you still had one or could get one and what the cost would be? Thank you kindly for your time!

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I