Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4138&start_row=1

Leave Reggae?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/14/2010 1:58:21 PM

greetings,

I hear some Ras here say theres a point where u leave reggae music? How can the I forget what reggae done for them, bringing them knowledge and to the light. I know not all reggae is good, i'm not talking bout that i'm talking about the Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, dennis Brown, Luciano, Sizzla, Lucky dube, garnet silk, Culture! I heard in the spirit Bob marley saying to me never to forget him, because we were both born in febraury and he has been like an older brother to me. Believe it or not when i had a place in the tempting Garden of Eden not knowing what was going to happen to me, Bob marley was there with me, very mystic. So how can the i say fire burn roots reggae when it has been so uplifting and educational?

Rastafari
Lalibela...New Jeruselam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/14/2010 10:01:34 PM

If a man or woman only deals with Iditation and Prayer, and Rising to the Heights and outside of that the work that they need to do to survive, then all such things will no longer have a place.

Some people leave all things from this world, and go into the hills and Live only for RasTafarI Guidance and Heights. The only song that they hear is the song they sing, chanting to the Most High God Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/15/2010 10:34:19 AM

Yes I.

In babylon, Roots reggae can be uplifting and can keep I and I strong in I and I trod but when I and I are living in a perfect livity, will I and I need it? Iman doubt it. I and I will leave it behind eventually, just as I and I burn out other things I and I will not need in Zion.

Blessed love.

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 11/11/2015 6:32:02 PM

Some people confuse reggae music and dreadlocks etc. to be the essence of Rastafari.

Even though these things are a part of many Rasta people they are not what makes someone Rastafari.

If a Rasta doesnt listen to reggae it doesnt mean they are doing something wrong.
In fact they may have found the heart beat drum and chanting to be the only thing neccesary for them.

peace.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/17/2015 3:37:02 AM

Blessed be the man who praises JAH. May the LORD of his ancestors be with him.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2015 5:09:50 AM

Fire on a dread who put fire on music

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2019 1:22:07 AM

My mind has changed completely

Messenger: Ark ISent: 11/15/2010 3:01:34 AM
If a man or woman only deals with Iditation and Prayer, and Rising to the Heights and outside of that the work that they need to do to survive, then all such things will no longer have a place.

Some people leave all things from this world, and go into the hills and Live only for RasTafarI Guidance and Heights. The only song that they hear is the song they sing, chanting to the Most High God Haile Selassie I.

I love these heights

And have met Rastafari who you can't come play them any form of 'electric music' meaning anything played through a speaker or recorded via microphone. At all

HAILE

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 2/6/2019 3:14:41 PM

I can understand the not needing it but I still find it sad. People always seem to think that the disconnection from the world is the height of spirituality. I see it as a form of escapism. Same is true in Hinduism and Buddhism. The ability to disconnect is something the mind is able to do in order protect itself from trauma and stress.

The world is all things in abundance; good and evil. Escaping is not a solution in my opinion. I'd rather embrace the good and influence goodness and spread love so that more people can experience it and protect the experience of good from the experience of evil and wickedness. That is a life long fight but a fight that defines (for me) what it means to be alive. We're all animated by the same force and you have to choose what to do with that life. Going to heaven is not choosing what to do with the life you have on Earth.

You can disconnect from your wife but your wife still exists. You can disconnect from your kids but your kids still exist. You can disconnect from wickedness but wickedness still exists. You can disconnect from the roots but the roots still exists. You can even disconnect from your self but yourself still exists. As long as you still exist, in my humble opinion, you should try to make all these things, including yourself, better.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/6/2019 7:56:39 PM

A return to nature.

Or

A return to the original ways of life before foreign oppressive and invasive influence on African peoples

Would not be escapism by it definition. To RETURN is not to ESCAPE necessarily.

Though I am aware escapism exists too

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/6/2019 9:24:30 PM

It's not escaping or disconnecting; it's transcending. Rising above and going beyond the limitations and constrictions of the world and babylon, of the things that may hold one down or back. It's about progressing and trodding forward.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I