Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4131&start_row=1

Mortimo Planno @ The Dungle, Kingston, Jamaica -05-08-1969

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/11/2010 8:54:52 PM

These videos, possibly the first ever videotaping of the Rastafari, were filmed August 5th, 1969 in the shanty that housed the Ethiopian World Federation Local 37 in Salt Lane, Kingston, Jamaica.

Lambros Comitas, an anthropology professor at Teachers College, Columbia University, taped these events at the request and invitation of Mortimo Planno, a powerful and striking figure. Kumi, as known by his friends, played a pivotal role in the public unfolding of the Rastafarian movement in Jamaica. He also played a critically important part in initiating the politically potent study of that movement.

As part of his lifelong dedication to the movement, he participated as a Rastafarian member in the historic Government Mission to Africa, a mission sent to explore the possibilities of repatriation. These films contain Rastafarian rites and an Amharic lesson.

MOST HIGH HAILE SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI BE PRAISED WITH EVERY BREATH...HOLY JOHN MARCUS I HOLY EMMANUEL I HOLY KING SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/11/2010 9:03:45 PM

Give thanks for the videos Black Christ Salvation.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/11/2010 10:34:36 PM

Give Thanks

Messenger: Tekel Sent: 1/15/2013 1:41:41 AM

Yah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/15/2013 5:16:23 AM

Give Thanks for bringing this forward

Blessed Love

Messenger: Tekel Sent: 1/15/2013 10:31:04 PM

If this is the first that outsiders videotaped, then simple simple research that is available to everyone can know what is Ras Tafari.

If this is the first, then there is EABIC, and Twelve Tribes as well as other following of His Majesty. All of "I and I" calling to the world to "do the work" of repatriating His Majesties children.

Ras having this video made was Ras Tafari Works. Faith without works

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I