Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4128&start_row=21

Vanity?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/12/2010 11:10:26 AM

I am sorry for mekin di mistake dat yuh have enough sense to remember your own post...wasnt even dat long ago
i am sorry yuh dont have enough sense to type your own words into the search function
Ark I was not even involved in dat reasoning and he found it

but its alright bredda......if it was upto i alone mi know seh i would have stop reasoning wid yuh a long time ago...but i try to follow the example of InI idren and try to have patience.....lol..see wha dat gets I
cool, well, who nuh remember InI , InI dont remember dem

Instead of chattin so much foolishness, if yuh had taken the time to put away your vanity and listen, yuh wouldnt have needed to come and try mek it look like InI are against His Majesty teachings......because my memory is not as weak as yours, im sure mi remember i did write, "physical fitness programs"..didnt i ?
but yes, Hard ears never listen

but hear mi, Mi nah go say yuh are wrong

You are totally right.....because thats who you are
and I for one will never try to mek yuh what yuh are not.....so go ahead LOVE football...LOVE music..LOVE all these things of this world...dats why people like yuh want to bring people together as one under WHAT ????? UNDER FOOTBALL

BABYLONIAN........i do not say that to disrespect...mi say dat cos mi know seh babylon would applaude yuh for that

go in peace, i will not bother yuh again

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/12/2010 11:23:21 AM

Young Lion, the I said,
------------
And Ark I i am humble, i jus feel good sometimes and i share my excitement, every1 in my yard say i'm humble.
------------

Are these words from the I the words of humbleness
------------
The Ganja invoked my spirit and i was in complete perfectness with my brother.
------------

------------
while i was watching the Scrucialites and Luciano song ''So Glad I Found'' it stopped and i felt a spirit telling me i am one of the 144,000. it truely is a great joy and i was outside smoking a cigarette and a felt the joy of the Lord. So any Rastafarian 144,000 saints can give me advice and guidance on my livity
------------

------------
I thoUght I was doomed being tempted but what the bible say is I am blessed and I already been feeling the crown of life on my head, it comes and goes.
------------

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/12/2010 11:23:31 AM

This tune comes to I mind when I-man read Fikre JAHnhoi´s message

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/12/2010 11:52:17 AM

In regards to what the Idren said about soccer originating from them kicking around John the baptist head. I haven't found others speaking about that, but I have seen others saying that the origin of football did come from kicking around the dismemebered head of an enemy. So it is possible that the head kicking origin is true, I don't know for sure.

In general, I don't really see anything wrong with sports. I was never really into sports and I never liked to watch it on TV, even before I realized I was RasTafarI, but I can't personally say that RasTafarI people shouldn't deal with sports, that issue is not that important to I.

I father would often make a comment that the people are just wasting their time and should be doing something useful for society instead of running around playing sports.

But I guess people want entertainment, whether by watching sports, movies or whatever else.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/12/2010 12:01:08 PM

Blessed

It is really sad it have fi come to this cos really and truly..it is so simple
Out of his own mouth he mention two things in particular...he talk about how di people love play ball and play even on the street...and he mention the priests and monks of Ethiopia

So why is this man so vex that ini choose not fi go out play ball wid the people but instead choose fi stand with the monks and priests in complete reverence giving itinual praises unto the Most High Jah

some think they can run back and forth, but the wise know that one man cannot serve two masters

Yes I Ark I, its never a question of should Rastafari people play ball or not
Those who reach a stage will let it go.....naturally
just like no one can say, if a man listen reggae he is not Rastafari......when the i reach a stage, yuh will let it go....for all these things shall be a distraction to the I(eye)

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/12/2010 12:28:58 PM

---
Nazarite, i mean i come here and people think i'm playing games just because i didnt know who said something? So i give u back to what u give me. I come here for knowledge and wisdom and to share Rastafari vision. and i'm quoting from Bob Marley, i got a mind of my own so go tell hell if what u thinkin is not right. I say this because i will never let no one try to put roadblocks in my vision and paths, never let no one discourage me in my life, i dont have to listen to anyone. U can call me ignorant like the commentator called the priests and monks of ethiopia ignorant because i know my life and what is true and i will never let no one get in my way!
---

The I is misoverstanding I Young Lion. Iman am not trying to put obsticles in the I's way, Iman am trying to help the I move them. Neither was I calling the I ignorant. Nor was I trying to discourage the I in the I's trod.
Humbleness is one of the most important things I and I must learn in I and I trod, and Ark I is right in rebuking the I for lack of it and pointing to where the I has been less than humble.
Since the I came here for knowledge and wisdom, Iman implore the I to listen to the knowledge and wisdom put before the I instead of railing against it because the I thinks it is a roadblock.

To each his own still and if the I does not want to listen then the I will not listen.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/12/2010 10:19:54 PM

--------------------
when the i reach a stage, yuh will let it go....for all these things shall be a distraction to the I(eye)
--------------------

Yes I, distractions come in many forms.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/13/2010 11:48:04 AM

I was thinking about leaving this world behind and go to debre damo and serve the lord...but first of all i would be starving because all they eat is colo, similiar to hard corn. How will i support i self? I hear many people say serve others, so i was thinkin serving the people by teaching em words of christ and give them physical activity to feel good, because u get a euphoria in ur mind. So the Rasses here say go enter pristhood, the Ras at my yard here says work become a billionare, my dad says dont go to ethiopia!

where can i find my destiny? so many people tellin me 2 do different stuff, i jus gotta keep my faith and follow my heart which is set on salvation through Rastafari. I wish Rastafari was with me physically so i could follow him all the days of my life, because man always want u to do what they want u 2 do, its confusing. The reason why i went off on ya'll is because i thought i found something that could give me a purpose in life, serve the youths, but u guys tore it down saying its no good. I dont know if my destiny is about working in babylon and marrying and have kids, or jus continue in my livity as a 144,000 and go to mt.zion and give thanks and praises. My only problem is where can i get money to buy food, ganja, and buna if i dwell on the holy hill of mt.zion.

and by the way i got respect for all the real Ras that try to lead the youths in the right way!

Haile Selassie mengedun asayagn!

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/13/2010 3:48:40 PM

Blessed Young Lion.

The only one who can truly tell the I where to trod in life is the Iself. I and I on this site and any Ras in the I's life can only advise and guide the I. Don't think that I and I were trying to destroy the I's vision of leading the youth. As Fire Jahnoi Reasoned, the youth need rightious people to lead them, but not to flatly teach them Rastafari. That is not how I and I teach.
If the I feels the I's calling is to work with the youth then by all means do so and do it to the best of the I's ability. Let them say that their youth leader is a Ras and the I is the best youth leader they could ask for. That way the I will set the example that they are to live by.

And be careful of the Ras who is telling the I to become a billionair. Iman do not know the man so I can't comment why he would say it, but this seems like a suspicious thing for a Ras to say. I and I don't trod for money and wealth.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/14/2010 6:42:44 AM

Blessed Ises, Ark I, Nazarite, Christ Salvation, all the i dem inna this reasoning, mi feel seh perhaps i should seh a likke more on this topic. mi feel like writing this day
Mek I start with the Honorable prophet on the video. Mi haffe seh i dont completely agree with the i. Perhaps saying i dont agree is too far but if mi had the pleasure and honor to meet the Ingel mi would reason with di I and ask di I if perhaps the i is using not so good a method fi teach di Truth. I man personally dont like looking for things that are not there fi show someone di truth. Because what happens is, if people find error in the i, they will believe your message is wrong as well. Anyone who hears this video, first thing they will do is check the bible, and they wont find any such thing about John, so di truth of why man like InI dont really play or follow football is lost to dem...just as we see in this very same topic from our young friend. Therefore, instead of clouding the matter with things that dont really matter, let ini teach who is to be taught by showing dem simplicity and clarity and Mek we deal wid di real matter at hand
because truthfully, as far as mi concerned, how football originated couldnt matter less to i, dat have nothing fi do wid why i dont play or follow football no longer as i used to before.

May i tell the i dem a likkle story...lol, mi try mek it quick
As mi sed, mi used to love football i had let it go long before. But then this last world cup came, inna Africa lol and mi tell iself, mi a go watch it,but mi nah go get caught up inna it as mi used to. But the more di ting progressed, more and more mi start fi feel dat love mi used to have for it...and it was a joy...or was it??

Mi have a bredrin who live not far from i, and mi pass thru once,twice a week. The door to his building opens by code, seen..or if yuh have the key, which i dont. Now we live in a white man country,seen, and ini see racism in many forms. So, going to dat building, it has happened to i where when mi almost reach the door, someone might be coming out or going in...and dem close the door right in front of I...i mean sometimes it is so blatant, mi jus haffe laugh...sometimes mi see someone rushing fi get dem key, open it and go in before mi reach the door. all this never got i vex or anything, mi nuh really care bout dem tings, I am in your country, if dat is how yuh treat your guests and visitors so be it, if yuh come to I land, i will treat yuh better, bless dem dat curse yuh even , Selassie I
But as mi seh, dat season i was watching the Cup,getting caught up as mi used to as a child, supporting mi African teams and all that...then hapened that game between Ghana and Uruguay ...if anyone remember seeing dat gane, the south american player acted shamefully, used his hands and denied the African team their certain win..........lol, and i lost it
That same evenin, i happened to walk over to mi bredrin yard, and guess wha happen....as mi approach the door, the door swing open. Someone had punched open button from inside and it open automatic , mi see this white lady just coming out and i could see two young children behind her.. Sha had one foot out the door, saw i coming and started to go back in....funny thing was...as mi seh, the door is operated wid button, once open, it stay open for a min, and swings back on its own automatically. So the door is now open, and as she is stepping back, she realize that, i am close enough to reach the door before it close...and this woman actually grabbed the door and started to pull it close, lol which is hard cos its on automatic hinges
Jah know, with the football thing fresh in my mind, mi acted a way i wouldnt normally ever act. Mi start fling words pon her, and she a stand there and stammer wid nothing fi seh
but then i happen to glance pon one of the youths wid her...and in dat instance, mi anger disappear Yuh know what i saw in his face ? Confusion.......I think that, growing up, we all come to a point where we realize that our parents are not perfect, they are but human like everyone else...and i kinda felt like i was present at the point this realization hit the youth....it was like he could see what his mother did was wrong, but he was young enough to be confused as to why the very person who teaches him right from wrong was doing wrong. when i saw his face, mi feel remorse and i stppoed immediately , gave him a reassuring smile that everything is alright.

This is the reason why earlier mi seh, i dont play or follow football no longer for the simple reason dat mi used to love it....the more yuh love di things of this world, expect pain and sorrow in equal measure
This is why mi seh, it was a joy...or was it ?
This is why along with football,mi mention things like music ...and all such thing of this world
For the joys given by this world cannot and will not last
InI seh, Joy that will never turn to sorrow, pleasure that will never turn to pain, this world will never give yuh dat, Only JAH ALONE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I