Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4128&start_row=11

Vanity?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/11/2010 5:51:39 PM

RASTAFARI AND FOOTBALL/SOCCER

Most people in South Africa are crazy about the World Cup: Not so the Honourable Prophet Everett Davis of the Ethiopian Afrikan Black International Congress: Church of True Divine Salvation in Johannesburg. He's totally against soccer and sport in general because of his bible interpretation that give the beautiful game a cruel origin.

Real Rastaman nah play football...

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/11/2010 6:23:52 PM

I man do not play ball nor do it i follow it, for di simple reason dat mi used to love it

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/11/2010 6:46:10 PM

"THINGS I USED TO DO,
I DO THEM NO MORE

PLACES I USED TO GO,
I GO THERE NO MORE

WORDS I USED TO SAY,
I SAY THEM NO MORE..."

ALSO 1st Corinthians chapter 13 verse 11
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/11/2010 8:33:09 PM

Blessed love Black Christ Salvation.

Does the I have anything to share on this idea that football is an emulation of the kicking of the head of John the Babtist?

Iman have looked in I Bible (king james version) and I haven't found anything about the kicking of John the Baptist's head after he was beheaded. Perhaps I just missed it or does the Reasoning come from elsewhere?

I and I also ask if the I has any information about the origins of football? As far as Iman am aware the early version of the modern game was invented in England some time during the middle ages and used to be a sometimes violent mob game played between neighboring villages and towns but I and I don't know if it was based on any interpretation of Biblical or old pagan tradition.

I and I also put forward the Reasoning that local sports clubs (not neccessarily, but including football) are something that can be helpful to the development of the youth in areas where they would otherwise be idle. Not only in keeping them physically fit, but also in focusing their attention to something other than the idleness that causes them to stray into bad habits and practices.
I am just wondering what the I's Reasoning would be on this.

Blessed Love.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/12/2010 8:30:35 AM

I have no clue why i come here! Did not Lord God Jah Rastafari build Meskerem soccer stadium in Addis Ababa to promote sports activity? He said it is a symbol of fraternity! Did not Berhane Selassie play football everyday, because everytime u play football the world wakes up around InI. I dont care what ya'll say because i follow Rastafari ways and the Light of the trinity. Football/Soccer Strengthens the mind, makes u bold like a lion and yet u must play innocent as a dove because playing dirty is not right. I got a mind of my own so go to hell if what u thinkin is not right. And Ark I i am humble, i jus feel good sometimes and i share my excitement, every1 in my yard say i'm humble. Anyways i got a Ras elder who i can go to for advice because he's all about peace and love and well advanced in knowledge and wisdom. He uplifts me in my dreams and aspirations in life, instead of here where someone always tries to b right all the time and doesnt see his brothers dreams as his own....

Amlak Rastafari mengedun asayegn

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/12/2010 8:59:09 AM

Reverence Young Lion.

Don't come in here talking about sending I and I to hell. That kind of talk does not belong here.

And Ark I has a point. I don't know about before, but since Iman have been back on this Reasoning board, I haven't seen the I truly engage in a Reasoning, just ask a question to which the I doesn't really like the answer then not respond to it. Like when the I posted a Reasoning called 'impossible' where the I said it was impossible for the I to hold a good meditation without herb. Ark I rightly rebuked the I and Iman offered advice to forward in the I trod by learning reach the heights without herb, yet the I doesn't seem to have taken that to heart, nor did the I respond to that.

Now, when the I came asking about vanity, the I got some good Reasonings from the Brethren here. Some of them the I might not agree with like Black Christ Salvation's video, but to try and curse the man with hell rather than to Reason further is not what the I should do. Iman also do not agree entirely with Black Christ Salvation on that. Iman can sight the evil of the babylonian football 'industry' that put on the world cup and make billions out of the big clubs, but football as a sport and as a method of keeping the body healthy, Iman see no problem with, and so I put forward I Reasoning to Black Christ Salvation and ask for a deeper explanation of the I's rather than throw a tantrum like the I has.
Perhaps it is because the I is still not far in the I's trod that the I does not sight the fullness of the Reasonings here. I was much the same when Iman first joined the Reasoning boards here and when Iman was rebuked for certain foolishness, I couldn't help feel the way the I must feel about what the I reads that does not agree with the I. The I must be careful though to not make the mistake I made and let that drive the I away. If I and I had accepted the rebukes and instruction of the Brethren here instead of simply leaving then Iman would be further in I trod today and I Reasoning skills would be more developed.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/12/2010 9:08:59 AM

Futbol/soccer just started around the late 1800. Regards to If they started playing soccer with yohannes the baptist head i have no clue. All i know is to follow Rastafari Emperor Haile Selassie ways! If he supported Soccer activity then i know God loves soccer. I'd take Rastafari visions over a so called prophet in south africa. Give us the teaching of his majesty for we no want no devil philosophy! I tried to take time to find where Rastafari promoted sports and fraternity but i couldn't find it. If the I is interested u can search for it, but i read it before several times, and i been to the Stadium Haile Selassie built. It brings the whole country together when the club teams of ethiopia compete with eachother and when the national teams play against other countries. They chant, ''Ethiopia hager anchi'' which means ''eh ya'll ethiopia is my country'' So sports is very much apart of Ethiopia, they have a place called meskel square which when school is out is packed with people playing soccer, it is right by the church where Rastafari disapeared. They love soccer so much they even play on busy streets, u will be playing and you'll see a car miss u by a couple of inches. Even in the bible talks about if u compete in sports, follow the rules!

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/12/2010 9:31:19 AM

Nazarite, i mean i come here and people think i'm playing games just because i didnt know who said something? So i give u back to what u give me. I come here for knowledge and wisdom and to share Rastafari vision. and i'm quoting from Bob Marley, i got a mind of my own so go tell hell if what u thinkin is not right. I say this because i will never let no one try to put roadblocks in my vision and paths, never let no one discourage me in my life, i dont have to listen to anyone. U can call me ignorant like the commentator called the priests and monks of ethiopia ignorant because i know my life and what is true and i will never let no one get in my way!

Who is like King Selassie?
Daniel- Jah is my judge
Michael- Who is like Jah

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/12/2010 10:30:20 AM

I was but a young youth when mi hear this about sports, and even tho mi knew dat I man was not yet ready to follow it in I Life, even at dat age I Overstood
Give thanks to Rastafari InI have come a long way from di days of youth and His Majesty never left InI side Holy I SELASSIE I JAH Rastafari Be Still and Know That I Am

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 11/12/2010 10:58:49 AM

Blessed heart of Love,

Peace perfect peace the voice of Negus whispers deep within..

Well young lion, to each his own, footbaal is not something for RasTafari Royal Priesthood...it has no place in the Order of Melchizedek

For the common man or gentile, other standards apply. Just like with the Nazarite Vow...do yu see where I am coming from my lord? The I sight the meditation?

Blessed Sabbath to One and All,
Remember to keep it Holy!

Keep and sanctify us all o thou Most High Eternal Father
Haile Selassie I JaH RasTafarI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I