Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4128&start_row=1

Vanity?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/10/2010 1:59:41 PM

greetings,

i heard someone say in here teaching Rastafari word is vanity? how so? i see it as simply delivering the message just like the evangelicalist. Whats different from teaching the words of Rastafari and teaching the words of bible, both are uplifting and much guidance. I'm thinking about opening a Zion gates soccer school, where i can spread Christ words of guidance and fundamentals of soccer, because soccer is similiar to life. So please explain why teaching Rastafari word is vanity...

One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/10/2010 2:28:31 PM

I don't know who would have said that, but I completely disagree.

I can see somebody saying that Teaching RasTafarI words to certain people is vanity, because it will go in one ear and out the other and be as if you never said anything in the first place. So in that case it would be vanity because nothing of use came out of it, the time would have been better spent Teaching RasTafarI words to somebody with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 11/10/2010 4:51:14 PM

Blessings Ark I.

I and I know that teaching to be seen to be teaching is vanity. As the I said, it is vanity to teach those who I and I know will not listen to the teaching. That is why I and I do not preach out in the streets or on TV like the American telivangelist Christians, because I and I know that it would serve no other purpose than to preach for vanity since few, if any, would truly listen.
However, to teach about Rastafari and the Bible to those I and I meet in life who will listen and Reason is I and I duty as Rastafari people in I opinion.

As for the I's idea Young Lion, a soccer school is not a bad thing to set up if the I is up for the challenge. I don't know about where the I is, but broadly speaking, the young people of today need structured things like that to keep them on the right track. Whether the I uses that to spread the teachings of Rastafari is up to the I however.

Blessed Love.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/10/2010 9:44:30 PM

I believe I art di "someone" he is refering to, and i believe he knows exactly who he him a refer to when him seh "someone" because what was said was said directly from I to him
mi nuh have time fi play games

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/10/2010 11:02:19 PM

Fikre Jahnhoi said,

----------------
In I opinion, opening a school fi teach Selassie I speeches is a vain thing to do.
Selassie I a di First teacher that teach we all, it is not for ini to teach His Words, what HIM want to teach, He has taught it for all who want to see
but, ah, to publish the Word and spread it, that is a wonderful and blessed endeavor.

All mi waan to say to the i them, mi idren, all ini haffe do is be a Light unto this dark world.
You dont have to look far fi see what yuh can do to accomplish Jah Works.
Be a light unto the world in whatever yuh do, wherever yuh are.

yuh know what mi a say ?
If yuh become a doctor, all your patients shoulda be able fe say, My doctor is a Ras, and he/she always takes good care of me, he/she always comforts me, always thinks about his/her patients before his/her paycheck.
yuh dont haffe look far
Where ever yuh live, your neighbors shoulda be able fe say, we have a Rastafari family living next door and they are wonderful neighbors, always considerate, we can always go to them if we need some help....

Yuh see what mi a say ? If you have youths around you that you think could use some uplifment, then print some papers with His Majesty speeches and give them and tell them read.

And if you become a teacher and open a school, dot try teach His Majesty Word, teach the youths what they need to learn to survive and and grow to become the man and woman of tomorrow.
Just be a Light, if yuh are a teacher, then your students should be able to say, my teacher is a Ras, and i love how he/she reasons with me and explains things to me etc

When yuh do all these things yuh will realize that even though yuh are not actually teaching HIM speeches in school, now You have become the Word of His Majesty in flesh, so that everyone who looks at you is looking at His Majesty speeches.

The i overs ?

On the other hand, if what you want to do in life is to shepherd the people unto the Word of Jah , then leave all these things and take up your priesthood

H.I.M. Speeches

----------------

Young Lion. If you are going to say somebody said this or that here, then quote what was said or don't say it at all if you are going to misrepresent it.

I agree with what Fikre Jahnhoi is Reasoning here. When I think of Teaching RasTafarI word, I think of "publish the Word and spread it" as Fikre Jahnhoi said.

Look at what Haile Selassie I Teach I and I, he Teach I and I to do what Fikre Jahnhoi suggested in his Reasoning. "teach the youths what they need to learn to survive and and grow to become the man and woman of tomorrow."

Selassie I speak on many subjects, so it is good to Reference Selassie I in the Teachings of different subjects. Selassie I words are straight forward, anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear will Iverstand what Selassie I is Teaching just through seeing or hearing His words.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/10/2010 11:13:41 PM

I just looked again at something I said above.

----------------
I can see somebody saying that Teaching RasTafarI words to certain people is vanity, because it will go in one ear and out the other and be as if you never said anything in the first place. So in that case it would be vanity because nothing of use came out of it, the time would have been better spent Teaching RasTafarI words to somebody with eyes to see and ears to hear.
----------------

Young Lion, in some ways the I behaves like the I is interested in Learning from other Ones and Ones, but on the other hand, it seems that so much of what is actually said to the I goes in one ear and out the other. Sometimes I feel like saying certain things to you is vanity because the I often responds to in a way where it seems like the I didn't even read the Reasoning you are responding to. But because the I still shows interest, I still Reason from time to time.

Read what Fikre Jahnhoi is saying again, and respond in a way that shows the I actually sees the point he is making, if the I agrees or disagrees with the point, then Reason why.

Messenger: blackmaria3 Sent: 11/11/2010 6:49:09 AM

Blessed love Jah Rastafar I
InI think this, if you want to let know everybody what Jah made with you or in your life, you have to be and example of life,even if you make mistakes before...since you had Selassie in your head, you start a new born, so maybe soccer its vanity, has competitions and many things that never come with Rastafar I, so maybe that could start a distorsion of the true, with the young people all the princess and prince have to know a BLACK TRUE

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 11/11/2010 12:03:09 PM

InI woulda love fi sight a bredda come forth openly and seh, brethren can the i explain wha the i mean further ...but a different style people have mi see....well, anway
InI will say this, in a humble ipinion....InI do not need Rastafari Schools......What InI need fi see is Schools owned,run, and administered by Rastafari people
From Aexandria in Egypt to Cape Town in SA, From Dakar in Senegal to Assab in Eritrea....Haile Selassie I Primary School, Empress Menen Secondary School, Marcus Garvey College....a dat InI long fi see
nurseries run by Rastafari Sistren, schools where true history is taught...schools where children can be given essays to write on His Majesty for English class, physical fitness programs, music classes..schools where muslim or christian or children of any religion or culture can learn the true way without ever feeling threatened of losing their own ways of life and cultures..schools where children are taught not what fi think, but HOW fi think

Bob Marley said, if i was educated id be a damn fool

Full time ini have schools where no child would have reason any longer fi say dat

Messenger: Nazarite I Sent: 11/11/2010 12:55:27 PM

Yes I Fire Jahnhoi.

I and I posted this not long ago in another Reasoning but its appropriate here as well.

Selassie I words on the subject:
"Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilize her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life. The key for the betterment and completeness of modern living is education. But, ' Man cannot live by bread alone '. Man, after all, is also composed of intellect and soul. Therefore, education in general, and higher education in particular, must aim to provide, beyond the physical, food for the intellect and soul. That education which ignores man's intrinsic nature, and neglects his intellect and Reasoning power can not be considered true education."

Babylon wonder why young people leave their schools disillusioned with education and don't want to further it. That is why I and I say!
I know I education in secondary school didn't challenge I reasoning power. It taught I what I needed to pass exams and little else. Sixth form was little better. Not until Iman reach university did I start to feel the education was challenging I reasoning power and so many youths can't reach university because of money or because they've been let down by the education they've recieved.
Iman give thanks that I was able to stimulate I own reasoning power through self education through Rastafari.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 11/11/2010 4:33:51 PM

well... i dont play games, if i really knew who the someone was i would of said it, how am i supposed to go through the topics to find who said it? anyways i jus feel like a creation rebel, because i dont see I to I with no one really, just Jah.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 40

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I