Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4075&start_row=1

What lead you to H.I.M.

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: akgrown25 Sent: 10/4/2010 2:04:53 AM

Greetings
I am new to the forum and have a lot of questions. I am not a Rasta but am curious about the path that lead you to H.I.M. Where do you live? What drew you to the movement, or way of life? I guess another way to ask this is how did you first hear about Rastafari? Was it through music, researching the issue on your own, or was it because of someone you met? I have many more questions but this will do for now. Please be patient with me, I am trying to learn.
Peace to all and thank you.

Messenger: Than I Sent: 10/4/2010 9:32:00 AM

Hello,

I know that you have many question bout rastafari. It is not jus something you decide because someone you talk to. It is someting you feel. it is a way to live a positive life, away from transgression, opression, and hate. Jah love and grace is all round us. Once I maked the choice to follow the rastafari way mi life it change. I realize truth and realize the evil of babylon. How it try to bring us down. I realize the power n love of Jah RasTafari the Almighty. I sure Ark I can tell u more. Tis how I realize mi life need changin and realize the truth.

Jah Rastafari guide and protect us.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 10/4/2010 12:41:48 PM

I opened my Eyez and Realized there's a Higher Heights

And the Most High is Highly Haile I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/4/2010 4:00:10 PM

Here is a link:

Order of RasTafarI

Messenger: soulsurvivor Sent: 10/5/2010 7:38:42 AM

for I it started when i first picked up Jah Bible an started to read, this was over 30 years ago an InI have struggled with blowing hot an cold over the years going from pillar to post giving thanks an praises to i self instead of the I, an it is only through Jah grace that I is still here, InI have learned many lessons over the years as we all have but still the i looks the wrong way sometimes, but i feel that Jah words an experience is finally sinking in at last with overstanding an now InI have been guided to this place amongst the seat of the righteous.

Jah Bless

Messenger: akgrown25 Sent: 10/5/2010 4:42:07 PM

Thank you for the explanation, soulsurvivor. i appreciate you sharing this with me. i suppose i am asking these questions because i am interested in seeing how the message and way of life of the Rasta has spread to all parts of the globe. i am on other forums that discuss Rastafari and have found many people from many different countries who follow the words of Jah. May i ask what country you live in?

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 10/6/2010 8:00:48 AM

HIM lead I to HIM

Messenger: soulsurvivor Sent: 10/6/2010 11:33:54 AM

akgrown say
May i ask what country you live in?

Albion

Messenger: akgrown25 Sent: 10/6/2010 5:00:15 PM

I see that Jah leads those to Him who are seeking Him. And I see that Jah is everywhere and always has been and always will be. I think I asked the wrong question to begin with. What I meant to ask was how did you first hear of the Honorable Marcus Garvey's message and the name Haile Selassie?

Thank you for sharing the country where you live, soulsurvivor. The only reason I was asking is because I am interested in how Rastafari has begun to reach so many different people from so many different backgrounds in so many different cultures.

Messenger: akgrown25 Sent: 10/6/2010 5:01:23 PM

Thank you for the link, Ark I.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I