Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4063&start_row=1

Lateran obelisk

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/13/2010 9:53:39 PM

I think its interesting that the Romans brought these Kemetic obelisks back to Rome with them. There are eight ancient Egyptian obelisks in Rome, and there was an Ethiopian obelisk until 2005. The above obelisk is the Lateran obelisk dedicated to Emperor Constantine.

---------------------------
In the tenth Century Sergius III restored it after a disastrous fire, and later it was greatly embellished by Innocent III. This was the period of its greatest magnificence, when Dante speaks of it as beyond all human achievements. At this time the centre of the piazza was occupied by the palace and tower of the Annibaldi family. Between this palace and the Lateran basilica was the equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius, which at the time was erroneously believed to represent the Christian Emperor Constantine (which association probably accounted for its preservation). A copy of the equestrian statue is now placed in the centre of the Capitoline Square while the original has been safely preserved for display in the nearby Capitoline Museums.
In its place, an obelisk was erected. Originally commissioned by Pharaoh Tuthmosis III, it was completed by his grandson, Tuthmosis IV. At 32.18 m (45.70 m including the base) it is the tallest obelisk in Rome and the largest standing ancient Egyptian obelisk in the world, weighing over 230 tons. Following the annexation of Egypt to the Empire, it was taken from the temple of Amun in Karnak[1] and brought to Alexandria with another obelisk by Constantius II. From there it was brought on its own to Rome in 357 to decorate the spina of the Circus Maximus. The dedication on the base however, gives the glory to Constantine I, not to his son who brought it to Rome.

The whole of the front of the palace was taken up with the Aula Concilii ("Hall of the Council"), a magnificent hall with eleven apses, in which were held the various Councils of the Lateran during the medieval period. The private apartments of the popes in this palace were situated between this Triclinium and the city walls.
-------------------------------------

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/17/2010 12:59:10 PM

Greetings...

The Vatican knows well the sources on which their foundation rests (Ethiopia/Kemet)(astro-theology), they invaded both areas in vain attempt to show their superiority (complex, that is). I like how they popped a cross on top of it and call it a done deal, it is however perfectly symbolic of the tree resting on top of its roots. The Vatican also houses what (some documentary I saw)was deemed as the world's largest collection of meteorites, they also boast quite the astronomy department, I wonder why (not really), an' I wonder where they learned such science (obelisk pointing to the sky, just following the Ethiopians).

Selam

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/24/2010 8:54:53 AM

In contrast to I views in 2007 when I first came to this forum as a teenager, I now think that Kemet has had a profound influence on Christianity and it seems the Romans and Greeks stole much of their knowledge from Egypt.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/24/2010 7:28:07 PM

No Doubt!

Selam

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I