Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3981&start_row=1

H.I.M. Speeches

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/30/2010 2:26:19 PM

Has anyone ever thought about opening a school to teach youths and adults the teachings of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie?
Its been playing in my head to teach the ones less fortunate about Jah Jah great message.

Messenger: Danel Sent: 6/30/2010 6:04:28 PM

@ young lion

That would depend on what Ratsa you ask that of. Many Rastas feel that an organized religion, or school, is babylonian. Then there are others such as Abuna Foxx who believe that we need to organize forming Rasta churches and the likes of such.

Then if we get past all of that, and let us just say that all Rastas held one universal view that schools are needed to teach about Ratsfari, then who would have merit to teach? Many Rastas disagree on certian key pionts of the faith/livity.

If we are to teach the words of Haile Selassie I, then which man has the right interpretations of those words. You have people who can't comprehend the true meanings of Jesus teachings or the prophets much less Selassie I words.

Okay case and point. I know you listen to roots culture music. If you listen to a song from Marley, and then listen to a song from Sizzla, you can't tell me that both men agree on every key point of the livity. The lyrics suggest a one core belief that Selassie I is God. However the lyrics go in other directions compared to each other.

Haile Selassie I gave us a direct order. That was to organize, and to do the work. Therefore I like the way your mind is thinking. Your mind is obedient to Selassie I.

But the scripture states that each man will return to his own fig tree. I quess in the end, unification will be ellusive.

Who knows, only Jah Jah knows.

EL Rastafari

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 7/1/2010 1:46:31 PM

well seen,

I know of a Rastafarian in Shashamane who is part of a school, wether they talk about H.I.M i dont know. I think a good thing about Rastafarian we dont argue, we reason. Opening up a school to teach and reason about H.I.M speeches would be great if it is for the glory of Jah! this is just something i been thinking about, i wouldn't try it anytime soon for i am still young, maybe down the line i would think about opening one. And also give a physical side of it and play some soccer. Youths and adults need to know until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanantly discredited and abondaned everywhere is war, and other things too.

Bless, Young Lion

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 7/1/2010 3:12:26 PM

In I opinion, opening a school fi teach Selassie I speeches is a vain thing to do.
Selassie I a di First teacher that teach we all, it is not for ini to teach His Words, what HIM want to teach, He has taught it for all who want to see
but, ah, to publish the Word and spread it, that is a wonderful and blessed endeavor.

All mi waan to say to the i them, mi idren, all ini haffe do is be a Light unto this dark world.
You dont have to look far fi see what yuh can do to accomplish Jah Works.
Be a light unto the world in whatever yuh do, wherever yuh are.

yuh know what mi a say ?
If yuh become a doctor, all your patients shoulda be able fe say, My doctor is a Ras, and he/she always takes good care of me, he/she always comforts me, always thinks about his/her patients before his/her paycheck.
yuh dont haffe look far
Where ever yuh live, your neighbors shoulda be able fe say, we have a Rastafari family living next door and they are wonderful neighbors, always considerate, we can always go to them if we need some help....

Yuh see what mi a say ? If you have youths around you that you think could use some uplifment, then print some papers with His Majesty speeches and give them and tell them read.

And if you become a teacher and open a school, dot try teach His Majesty Word, teach the youths what they need to learn to survive and and grow to become the man and woman of tomorrow.
Just be a Light, if yuh are a teacher, then your students should be able to say, my teacher is a Ras, and i love how he/she reasons with me and explains things to me etc

When yuh do all these things yuh will realize that even though yuh are not actually teaching HIM speeches in school, now You have become the Word of His Majesty in flesh, so that everyone who looks at you is looking at His Majesty speeches.

The i overs ?

On the other hand, if what you want to do in life is to shepherd the people unto the Word of Jah , then leave all these things and take up your priesthood

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/1/2010 6:18:13 PM

@ Young Lion

There are schools in Jaimacia. I also know that there are schools in Britian. But if you open a school in your area, be aware of the political system, because they do not like Rastas in that area.

But then again, the bible states that Israel is like a young lion that tears it's enemies to pieces.

Have no fear.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I