Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3930&start_row=1

Looking within

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/29/2010 7:35:42 PM

how do i look within to grow? what do i do? what are some good pointers because i am growing, but there are some flaws mentally that doesnt help me rise, how do i overcome this mental slavery to be emancipated?

tena yistilign

Messenger: Danel Sent: 6/30/2010 6:42:15 PM

@ young Lion

That would depend on what thoughts you are having. Be careful however, because a lot of times what you think is evil, is actually good. And what you make think is good is actualy evil. Therefore you would have to tell me what the thought is, for me to tell you if it is evil or good. Therefore if it is evil, I will tell you how to fight it. If it is good, then we should let that thought stay with you.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

GOOD WILL BE CALLED EVIL

Matthew 10: 24-25

“The disciple is not above the master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the goodman of the house Beelzebub, how much more them of his household?”

Romans 1:25

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Therefore it is not easy to know the difference at times. Do not allow this system to dictate to you what is good and what is evil. What this world call Good, the faithful and true call evil.

for example:

God says not to eat pork.

The white man says it is the other white meat.

God says not to eat shrimp, Lobster, crabs, that which crawleth on the bottom of the sea.

The white man says that it is a delicasy.

God says that we should not be homosexuals

The white man says that it is an alternative lifestyle.

God says, thou shalt not lie

The white man says that it is just a little white lie.

You get my point. Therefore be sure your thoughts are pure according to the bible, and not this system.

Now if your thoughts are not in line with the white man's value system, that is okay with me. But if your thoughts are not in line with God's value system, then we need to work on that Young Lion.

EL Rastafari

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 6/30/2010 10:00:26 PM

"your thoughts are not in line with God's value system"

bim

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 6/30/2010 10:02:14 PM

God says not to eat shrimp, Lobster, crabs, that which crawleth on the bottom of the sea.

The white man says that it is a delicasy.

snap, Asians dont get a mention ?

lol

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/30/2010 10:09:52 PM

Is Danel the same person as general nyabinghi? I really hope not LOL

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/1/2010 12:36:01 AM

I will just refer to I response in this Reasoning:

Adam and Eve

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/1/2010 3:45:47 PM

@ Fikre Jahnhoi

Perhaps you should mention them. I have never been to Asia, nor have I eaten in their homes.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 7/1/2010 4:17:37 PM

lol, thats it ?

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/1/2010 6:11:47 PM

@ Fikre Jahnhoi

You sound dissapointed. Actually I was going to give you a long list of bible verses. But why waste my time. Afterall the propehets in the bible are not talking about white people. Infact they are actually talking about little green men from mars right?

Take care bro lol.

Messenger: Empress Hanna Sent: 7/18/2010 10:10:42 AM

Blessings,
Im am so lost!I fight the temptation in this world almost al by myself. I seen me walking down the wrong path, and no matter how temptation gets me i still stand strong. I left all the negitive people alone but that left me alone. And at first i was very scared, but i kind of like it. But i have no one to site with, i have not one sistern to talk too.I have lost faith amd i don't want to be like this.Can you help me? I am so very lost in this worlds temptation, it's hard being alone in this world. I barley go outside because im scared temptation will get me, and i will let it get me. I have prayed for sisterns for years! I have a 16 year old pregnant sister, im trying to show her there is another way, but im starting to get lost in this world.If i just had someone to site with, to just say good morning too.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I