Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3901&start_row=1

eating flesh

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS.KISHO Sent: 3/19/2010 8:25:40 AM

should a rastaman get bunn out for eating anykind of flesh i know alot of rasta who eat chicken , fish , even some kind of meat but they are good people i personaly dont hate a man for what he eat i just want to know from sistren and idren around the world. i neva know if HIS MAJESTY eva eat dem ting deh.dats why i like to farm and eat what i grow babylon food i dont trust it

Messenger: bongoskully Sent: 3/23/2010 6:25:14 PM

YES I BOB SAY INI NAH COME TO FIGHT FLESH AND BLOOD BUT SPRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH AND LOW PLACES.MEH NAH FIGHT AGAINST NO ONE FEH WAT DEM AH YAM, BUT JAH IBLE SAY NAH EAT FLESH SO YOU HAVE TO ABIDE ALSO IF YOU RAISE YOUR OWN AND YOU FEEDING IT THEN YOU CAN YAM IT INI PREFAH YOU PLANT YOUR FOOD AND YAM DAT YAH MON DATS DEH MOST ILAHFUL TING YOU CAN DO IZ TO WACTH YOU FARM COME FROM NOTHING TO SOMETHING IT IZ TRULY JAH CREATION SEEN. FARM THE EARTH IT IZ THE ONLY WAY,RASTA PEOPLE FYAH PON TECHNOLOGY ALL DEM AH TRY FEH DO IZ TEK WE KNOWLEDGE (WEN THE LIGHTS GONE OUT ALL WE HAVE IZ NATURE SO GET IN TUNE WID IT RASTA PEOPLE) JAH RASTAFARI LIVE

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/23/2010 9:38:51 PM

Eating chicken and other flesh doesn't make sense for I and I Trod. I am not burning those out that do, but it is true that it will work against I and I purpose. I and I are Hola, and death should not be within I and I.

The most common flesh I see RasTafarI people eat is fish. I don't eat fish or flesh from the land, air or anywhere else, but I have more Iverstanding of people eating fish compared to other flesh.

It is funny that the I brought this up, because I felt like asking Ones and Ones what percentage of RasTafarI people they know eat fish. The reason I am wondering is because I know so many who eat fish, especially in the past few years.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/23/2010 10:00:12 PM

I have progressively renounced flesh in I trod of RasTafarI.

When I was in high school, I still ate flesh because everyone I knew ate flesh, and I was just starting I trod of RasTafarI.

When I got to college, I stopped eating flesh, except for occasionally eating fish. I heard that eating fish is a way to maintain B12 levels. I have heard that some RasTafarI eat fish. But I also know that it takes a long time to develop a B12 deficiency.

I have recently stopped eating all flesh, it has become less and less desirable to I.

Even the smell of it is is kind of unpleasant. Even though I am often around people who eat flesh, I have progressively followed an Ital diet.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 3/24/2010 11:16:47 AM

greetings. its not a sin to eat flesh, except for eating pork, but the more one gets more and more spiritual, the more he/she will realise that flesh is not part of ivine livity whether they partook in the killing of animal or not. I havent heard of any1 who's highly spiritual and consumes flesh at the same time!

Messenger: GKnow Sent: 3/24/2010 1:17:19 PM

I would like to expand on this as I is strugglin wit food I stay in the USA and we have a cultcher dat makes food dat is untouched by dem poision cost so high dat people who spend life seeking peace cannot afford dis food and are forced to fill our bodys wit filth (not judt flesh dem fruit dem veggies badbadbad) I issues is I has I queen and 2 sons I must take care for. How far do JAH overstanding go. how long do H.I.M. forgivness reach? If JAH know I hart den I forced actions be forgiven? Or better to lose I children house and eat "organic" (dem term make I giggle hahaha). I pray his wisdom giude I! Fyah Bun Babylon for da strain I feel for I 2 yr old twin boys!!!

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 3/24/2010 2:54:41 PM

I overstand what the I is saying,the food is sprayed with some kinda chemicals and the "organic" is over priced.What I have done is started my own garden with what we eat the most of.I involved my children in it and explained that this how food was grown from the begining and it's all natural.I taught my little boy how to plant his own seeds and take care of it.Now he has a little tomato plant growing and has become more aware of what is good to eat and what could be bad to eat.Once the garden get's fuller we can save money and eat healthier and it's a good lesson for the youth to learn. JAH BLESS.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/7/2010 11:01:22 PM

The Lion that wouldn’t eat meat

by David Catchpoole

Earlier this century, A female African lion, born and raised in America, lived her entire lifetime of nine years without ever eating meat.1 In fact, her owners, Georges and Margaret Westbeau,2 alarmed by scientists’ reports that carnivorous animals cannot live without meat, went to great lengths to try to coax their unusual pet (‘Little Tyke’) to develop a taste for it. They even advertised a cash reward for anyone who could devise a meat-containing formula that the lioness would like. The curator of a New York zoo advised the Westbeaus that putting a few drops of blood in Little Tyke’s milk bottle would help in weaning her, but the lioness cub refused to touch it — even when only a single drop of blood had been added.

The more knowledgeable animal experts among the many visitors to the Westbeaus’ 100 acre (40 hectare) ranch also proffered advice, but nothing worked. Meanwhile, Little Tyke continued to do extremely well on a daily diet of cooked grain, raw eggs and milk. By four years of age she was fully grown and weighed 352 pounds (160 kg).

As Georges Westbeau writes, it was ‘a young visitor’ to Hidden Valley ranch who finally put his mind at ease in response to the question of how Little Tyke could be persuaded to eat meat (thought to be essential for carnivores to survive):
Lion (not 'Little Tyke')

‘He turned to look at me with serious eyes, then asked, “Don’t you read your Bible’? I admitted I didn’t read it as much as I probably should. He continued, “Read Genesis 1:30, and you will get your answer.’ At my first opportunity I got my Bible and turned to the passage he had indicated. To my astonishment, I read these words: “And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.’

The owners of Little Tyke, though apparently not Christians, were so reassured by this that they no longer worried about her refusal to eat meat, and turned their attention instead to refining her ‘vegetarian’3 diet further, learning of new grains to add to the lioness’s food. These numerous grains were ground and stirred together while in the dry state, then cooked and mixed with the milk and eggs. The lioness was fed this mixture each morning and evening, and sometimes at midday as well. (To condition her teeth and gums — as she steadfastly refused all offers of bones to gnaw — Little Tyke was given heavy rubber boots to chew on, which generally lasted about three weeks.) The lioness not only survived on this diet, she thrived. One of America’s ‘most able zoo curators’ apparently said that the lioness ‘was the best of her species he had ever viewed.’

As well as Little Tyke, the Westbeaus cared for a menagerie of other animals at their ranch. A large number of the many visitors to Hidden Valley were motivated by the prospect of seeing ‘the lion that lives with the lamb’ — a situation similar to the prophecies of Isaiah 11:6. The sight of the lioness living placidly alongside sheep, cattle, and peafowl made a profound impression on many visitors. Television footage4 and newspaper photos of Little Tyke also moved many people, such as one who wrote, ‘Nothing has made me happier than your picture of the lion and the lamb. It has helped me believe in the Bible.’

In the light of Little Tyke’s situation, along with anecdotes of other carnivorous animals surviving on vegetarian diets,5 it is certainly easier to relate to the Genesis account of animals living solely on plants before Adam’s Fall.6

Mr Westbeau’s observation of the lioness that ‘To condition her stomach she would spend an hour at a time eating the succulent tall grass in the fields’, is also a vivid reminder of the prophecies of Isaiah 11:7 and 65:25, ‘… the lion will eat straw like the ox.’

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/7/2010 11:05:19 PM

" The lioness not only survived on this diet, she thrived. One of America’s ‘most able zoo curators’ apparently said that the lioness ‘was the best of her species he had ever viewed."

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/7/2010 11:38:48 PM

Growing up ina the land wid christian and muslim, we used to talk tings as youths and a wonda if it is alright for christian to eat meat from a muslim, and for muslim to eat meat from christian
Di "tolerant" christians say dem would eat meat from animal dat was murdered "by Allah name", while di "strict" christian a say no
Sed way, di tolerant muslim would say dem would accept meat from animal murdered "by jesus name" while di strict muslim say neva

Give thanks Jah di Father, mi nah inna dem argument anymore, mi no want it ina jesus name or allah name, and i would neva kill inna Selassie I name,a Fyah mi seh

how long do H.I.M. forgivness reach?
well, yuh fi know already, His Mercy is everlasting, but as yuh said, He knows the heart, and yuh can cheat yuhrself, but yuh cyaant cheat HIM

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I