Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3901&start_row=11

eating flesh

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/7/2010 11:40:36 PM

That is quite the story, but I doubt the Lion would have done so well without eating the eggs. The eggs had the nutrients that it would have otherwise gotten from flesh. The milk also had some of the nutrients that it would have gotten from flesh.

I know that a dog can go completely vegetarian, but cats are not quite the same. If I see a story of a Lion living only on fruits and vegetables, with no additional supplements manufactured by humans, then I will be impressed. Another problem is that there is no way that the Lion would have been able to survive from eggs in nature, there would not be enough eggs to survive, it is only because it had humans cultivating the eggs that there was enough.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 4/8/2010 12:01:44 AM

It is a nice likkle story Eleazar,yes, but mi kinda feel dat is a xtian story, yuh know dem onewho a tell yuh yuh a go a hell if yuh no take every word inna di bible literally

Maybe mi have a suspicious mind, haha, but its not really hard fi see, even tho mi have no idea where this article come from or who this Catchpoole man is

Yuh fe look deeper at dem words
"The owners of Little Tyke, though apparently not Christians, were so reassured by this that they no longer worried"
(if yuh check it, this is about conversion,)
"Nothing has made me happier than your picture of the lion and the lamb. It has helped me believe in the Bible."

lol, mi wonda why someone who is "apparently not christians" would say "I didn’t read it as much as I probably should", when asked "Dont you read your Bible?" ?
strange, maybe i didnt overs the part about "not Little Tyke"

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/8/2010 7:52:22 AM

Although I got that article from an xtian site, I thought it was a good article.

Here is some information that I found :

Scientific dilemma

Science is at a loss when it comes to Little Tyke. Felines are the strictest of carnivores. Without flesh she should have developed blindness, as well as dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), a degenerative disease that turns heart muscles flabby and limits their ability to pump blood. This is because her diet didn't contain an adequate source of the amino acid, taurine.
Little known in the 1950's, subsequent research at UC Davis in 1976 proved that taurine is an essential nutrient for felines, the lack of which would cause degeneration of the retina. later research implicated inadequate taurine levels in dilated cardiomyopathy as well. For cats with DCM, if the disease has not progressed too far, administering taurine causes an almost miraculous recovery. Formerly, cats lived only a few days to weeks after diagnose.
Taurine is non-existent in natural non-animal sources. It is present in minute amounts in milk and eggs. Little Tyke could have gotten her taurine requirement from milk, if she drank 500 gallons per day, or from eggs, if she ate more than 4000 per day. How did Little Tyke get taurine?

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I