Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3893&start_row=1

JERUSALEM SCHOOL ROOM (E.A.B.I.C)

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/10/2010 11:28:19 AM

I would like to declare the congress

Blessed love Lords and Empressess

I need some guidance from those willing to help I.

I'm a rising Bobo dawta born and raised up here inna Ifrica.
I've been Iditating on an issue that has been stressing InI for a while now. Our black Christ of Salvation teaches us to be upright like an arrow and inna dis here times,that is what InI want to be.
I'm a University student who finds that rising, at the same time, keeping with the books is stressful. In my heart of hearts, I feel like I need to be in Jah Schoolroom focusing on the law of the Most High with full concentration,undivided attention. I've aksed InI Kingman-who is a strong Bobo-for advice but He adviced that I continue with school for the sake of my mother. When I get InI degree then I can focus on InI livety fully. The ting is I would feel like I'm putting my livety on a waiting list cause as an Empress I should be observing my 21days journey etc, instead of polluting others. King Imanuel did say "if you tarry til you betta then you'll never come at all". If there's always an excuse...
My only concern is that if I do move from University and enter Jerusalem schoolroom then what do I do to survive. I would tell InI that 'Jah wil provide' but InI Kingman doesn't seem to share the same view as He still advices that I finish with InI school first. Right now I'm learning to be a seamstress/tailor, though, as Empress need to clothe the nation.
I would apprecilove all the guidance that InI can get from the Ites.

Holy Empress Menen I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI
behold HE that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor slept

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/10/2010 1:53:10 PM

Here are some views of Selassie in regards to Education

------------------------------
Education of Woman

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia
With regards to the boys, We are satisfied with the progress made. Our hope in this circumstance is partially fulfilled; but the prospect of Our female children is frightening. It is as if they die early and leave their parents childless; for as soon as they show some promise in their education, they are, either by their parents or of their own accord, married.

The money We spend on the girls' schools seems to be wasted because they leave before receiving enough knowledge. If this state of affairs continues, how can We reach the goal of public education for which We have planned and are planning?

Today, the women of the world are not content only to live as housewives. In most countries they are striving harder and harder for higher education so that they may participate in the civic duties of their community and nation. In time of war, women like men, have served their country and some of them have fought side by side with the men against the enemy.
Education of Woman

Education

Education 2

Education 3

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/10/2010 2:05:16 PM

From time to time I have had parents come to I and ask I to speak to their child because there child doesn't want to go to college or university.

I usually say the same thing. "You have two choices, don't go to school, work very hard and slave all your life for very little pay, or go to school, work more comfortably and get paid well"

Look at the school as a ticket to get better work. There are also things they teach that are useful, but the biggest thing a person gets from it is a ticket for a better paying job where you don't have to do heavy labour every day and run down your body for almost nothing in return.

There are of course the rare occasions where people can do very well without college or university, but those kind of occasions are becoming rarer or rarer. It was easier to get away with doing things like that many decades ago, but it has become harder and harder over time.

Here is a Reasoning I made a before, as a warning to those who attend colleges or universities.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Education- Learn, but don't let it fool

Starting in 1995 I attended university for 4 years. Every day I was there I always kept this saying from Bob Marley in my head.

-----------------------
Me no have education me have inspiration, if I was educated I'd be a damn fool.
-----------------------

And by keeping Bob's words in I head and trodding the trod of RasTafarI, I avoided becoming a damn fool.

And when I speak of education, I am speaking of the education through the schools of the system, not self-education or gathering of knowledge. And although the education from the system is designed to turn people into damn fools, there is still useful information that can be gathered from the education system, and it also provides people with a "ticket" to accomplish their goals, because babylon system is made to work with those "tickets". So I encourage people to learn what they can from the education system and get the "ticket" it provides, but to always remember Bob's words and observe how it turns people into damn fools and resist that part of the head-decay-tion.

In addition to teaching people about the work that they desire to do, the education system also manipulates them to integrate with and adopt the mentality of Babylon, where wickedness is taught as greatness. The economists praise the murder and downpression of people, by praising the great economical strategies that accomplish these goals, which in turn accomplishes the goal of imbalance, to make the rich even richer, and strips energy from the others.

The education system convinces the students that they are higher than the others because of their system, and this leads to separation from the others, making it easier to downpress them without feeling a thing.

They teach the students to think with the same mind as them, and to look through the same babylon spectacles as them. Downpressing others to rise themselves up higher.

I went to school to learn about engineering, and one class that I had was business related, it was called organizational design or something like that. The class promoted and praised the great techniques that they used, for example JIT (just in time) manufacturing, the concept of this technique is to hold little stock of products, or preferably, no stock, and to meet orders as they come. This way the company doesn't have to pay for space for storage. A requirement of JIT is to heavily make use of temporary work agencies, so when more orders come, they higher the temps, and then let them go when the order are a little less. This is great for the company because they only pay for workers as they need them, providing no job security, no return to the people, they let the people fend for themselves. This is what the people get in return for helping the rich man get richer. And there are so many other techniques they praise that use and abuse the people that work, and shift the imbalance so more and more money goes to the men that already have much more then they need, and less and less goes to the people that already have less then what they need.

I remember also that just as the professors praised these techniques, the students in my classes also praised these techniques as they were trained to do, being the best damn fools they could be. A year or two ago I was speaking to a young man that recently completed school and was working as an engineer. I reasoned to him about what Bob Marley said, and I reasoned to him about what I saw the schools teaching, and about these things that they praised as greatness but were actually wickedness. And how this head-decay-tion causes people to become damn fools.

After I was finished reasoning with him he was surprised at the perspective I showed because he never saw it that way before I told him, he said, "I never thought of it like that, I guess I am one of the fools you are talking about"

Education- Learn, but don't let it fool
--------------------------------------------------------------

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 3/10/2010 9:10:55 PM

Here is something Selassie I said about Ethiopians studying abroad. Selassie I sent Ethiopians to study abroad and Learn, but not to loose their culture and adopt the ways of babylon.

Ethiopia is a country with her own culture and mores. These, our cultures and customs, more than being the legacy of our historical past, are characteristics of our Ethiopianness. We do not want our legacies and traditions to be lost. Our wish and desire is that education develop, enrich, and modify them.

Education is the key to success for every citizen, who is expected to serve his country with the dictates of the time. this service will be more fruitful if it is backed by education.

We can cite as an example here the role of science and technology in agriculture, for through better seeds and fertilizers harvests have been greatly improved and increased.

As We have always noted in the past education is the key to the success and development of Our people and We urge all to strive for higher education. On its part, Our government has never ceased from encouraging or contributing its share.

Here are some more speeches on Education that Selassie I made:

Higher Education

Address on International Education Year

International Literacy Day

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 3/10/2010 10:01:42 PM

Blessed Heart of Love Empress

Give thanks for life and the mighty life giver, blessed trinity and all powers, Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Rastafari

Honour and Majesty, Raspect and Love, Honourable Empress.

Give thanks for your heart for Jah R Kingdom. Give thanks for the Man of Right in your life, your Kingman who is Jah in Flesh said way, guiding you to Right. The I also have God within all around the I. I counsel is to take Jah Ark I's counsel, and your man's counsel as the counsel from Jah Rastafari HIMself. That is the right and that is the truth.

I know how you feel, I am studying in Australia ( I am from the Seychelles, u know were that is) and I wanted to quit my 1st year in 2006 to do my Priesthood in Kenya, but Jah show I that I am here for a purpose and this is for Repatriation Mission said way, that I must finish my Natural Medicine course here to re-build I Nation, I Land and I people to Righteousness.

The I is a jewel, for your King, your family, your country and your NationWealth Kingdom. Mama Papa Marcus and Dada are very proud of you and tell the I to press on in your studies, to gain a better life, and shine your light in this world of darkness.

The 21 day principle will come in the right time, nothing forces itself in nature, everything manifests in time according to Jah will, and Jah Plan. Just keep the Sabbath holy, keep your meditation upright and live your black culture, even while schooling, you are blest to have a immunity and a KingMan with you to support you and the fact is that you are in ZION!!!! So hold your peace and enjoy your peace, hold that joy, peace and joy moves you skillfully in life, in one two order.

Jah bless the I with clarity and wisdom, and prosperity in your studies

Which part of Zion do the I reside? Zimbabwe? Botswana? South Africa? I know that there are Shanty angels rising there in dis iwa

Jah Rastafari

Iam Iam
The King's Servant
Hon Prophet Paskal
Only Authorised EABIC Ambassador in Seychelles, East Afrika

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/10/2010 11:16:55 PM

Blessed Love FarI-Sight. It is nice to sight the I.

I pray that all is Blessed for the I and the I Family.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 3/11/2010 9:04:39 AM

My Lord and Empress

Give thanks for Word Power and Sound, Give thanks for the wisdom shared.

Mi nah have much to add, Ark I has said it and said it well, Far I Sight is a True isample fe follow

Mi woulda just like fi ask the i one thing Empress

As much as ini promote education and ini woulda burn out anyone speaking against education, but still, i think its safe to say that education, higher education, is not fe everyone

So mi just want yuh fe ask yourself, without thinking of anything else, not about your mother or your kingman, or Jerusalem schoolroom, or how your life would be better with education, without thinking of those things, just ask yourself is school for I ?

And seeing as how the i is already well on your way inna Uni, mi a guess that school is indeed for the i

If thats the case, then yuh haffe finish the i studies.
Jerusalem schoolroom, or ini livity should never be an excuse not to do something, especially something like school that not only benefits the i personal life, but the i Nation and the i People as well.

Ini inna Africa demand that ini people in the west forward home with Skills . Its only Right that ini demand that from ourselves.

But like i said, the first thing you haffe know is if school is truly for the i
Because if it is not, then it would just be a waste of time trying to do something while your heart and mind is somewhere else.

Its all a matter of what the i feel and know is the i trod inna this life.

The only thing that matters is that the i have something to itribute to the i life, the i Nation and and the i People.

And university is not necessarily the only way fe itribute.

Selassie I done tell ini say, all ini haffe do is find a way to serve
Jah Jah to the best of ini ability because if ini Serve Jah it is INEVITABLE that ini will serve one another.

And i feeling is that the i has already found something, well within the i ability, that yuh can use to serve the Father, and that is your university education, so do not squander it

Di other day, some of the youths around i were having a sort of anniversary for the Notorious B.I.G, and so i was hearing a lot of his music being played. So mi , i was just listening for one line that i always loved
from the song, Sky is the Limit

Stay far from timid
only make moves when your hearts in it
and live the phrase, skys the limit

go to school sistren

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/11/2010 10:00:28 AM

Instead of asking if school is for the I, it might be better to ask if the work that the I will be able to do from the schooling is for the I.

The reason I say that is because I didn't really like the structure of the university. I enjoy Learning things, not just cramming information in I head so that I can do good on a test, but universities are usually structured in a test-centric view rather than a learning-centric view.

But what was for I was the work I would be able to do with the ticket from the university. So the university was an acceptable sacrifice to get that ticket.

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 3/11/2010 3:45:52 PM

oh, Blessed Love Hon Ark I,

Give thanks for the hail. Yes I and the family are blest, though in the midst of tribulations, we ever stand within truth and right and the light of His and Her Majesty. I spent 2 months in Seychelles and I just returned to Australia a week ago, without my Empress and Princess, I feel quite lonely yet I must keep I peace within, fulljoy it and go through with what I must do. Jah bless the I said way.

Heart of Love, My Lord and Majesty, Empress

JAH, Rastafari

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/14/2010 2:42:57 PM

Blessed love my beloved ones!

Im in Botswana and yes there are some angels rising here.they just need to be strong.

Ive found,since last June,that school is not what I have passion for in terms of the university.Im doing BA in Humanities majoring in African Languages and Linguistics as a minor and English as a major. I actually have 10 retakes,belive it or not.had to graduate in 2011 but because of all those failed subjects (and my gpa being 1.8) I just have no motivation to go on. I don't know if HIs Majesty, necesarily,meant Education in terms of University.I kind of think that any Education is Irie. I must admit that it would've been Irie to get my degree and teach but I'd have to pay for that extra year seeing Id then be graduating in 2012. otherwise I started having a passion for making clothes. I had a middle-class upbringing and my mother has the resources to grow my business if I were to venture into design,but the issue is that,first of all she doesn't know about my gpa and the retakes,second of all she's the type who want he children to 'excel'.example-my older sis has a degree in Bsc, other sister has a BA in media marketing from the U.S,brother has is doing his ACCA at the same time working in accounting.and then there's my binghi twin sister and I who don't seem to be 'progressing' according to her.(sorry if this is too much info...)
Im just in a confusing time in my life and I would aprecilove all the advice(blessings) I can get.

stay blessed
I had a blessed sabbath
Holy Marcus Imanuel Selassie InI JAH RASTAFARI

OH, it would be Irie to have E.A.B.I.C inna Botswana

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I