Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3858&start_row=1

Negus Mesih # 2

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GebreBerhaneSelassie Sent: 2/13/2010 12:53:57 PM

Greetings in the Most Holy and Precious Name of Qadamawi Haile Selassie

The second English issue of "Negus Mesih" (King Messiah) Magazine, produced by the Federation of Rastafarian Assemblies in Italy (F.A.R.I.) has been published and it is available with free download at http://amdaselassie.altervista.org/NegusMesihIIEng.pdf.

Egziabher ymasgan ullu ghizie

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 2/13/2010 2:26:20 PM

Give thanks idren, will read in depth.

Blessed heart of Sabbath

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 2/14/2010 9:52:08 PM

http://amdaselassie.altervista.org/NegusMesihIIEng.pdf

Blessed love, I-man just make a clickable link for the massive.

Love, love, love

Holy Most High King Haile Selassie I, JAH, Ras Tafari

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 2/14/2010 10:27:42 PM

My lord!!

Very powerful picture of His Majesty on page 8 JAH RASTAFARI.. CUT & CLEAR!

Glory & Honour
Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/15/2010 12:04:04 AM

The direct link doesn't work, it looks like the address has to be copied and pasted into the address bar.

I found page 9 interesting. It was talking about the use of IHS to represent Christ, and how there are example of this being used on churches and other things, with the letters intertwined. They compared that to the Haile Selassie I, related to when the Amharic initials of Qedamawi Haile Selassie are intertwined.

There are so many examples of Selassie I intertwining the initials for his name. Many medals I have seen have the signature, and I have also seen it on many other items related to Selassie I. They are intertwined in different ways for different medals or items, but it is always there.

Messenger: GebreBerhaneSelassie Sent: 2/17/2010 10:31:22 AM

Be S'm-e Ab we Wold we Menfis Q'ddus, Ahadu Amlak Amin.

In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, One God.

"Negus Mesih" is a magazine edited by F.A.R.I. (Federation of Rastafari Assemblies in Italy). The title of this project naturally reflects its underlining purposes: in the ancient language of Ethiopia (Gi'iz) the expression Negus Mesih is in fact a reference to the personality of the King Messiah described in the Holy Bible (Metzhaf Q'ddus), the Anointed and Deliverer that Igziabher the Almighty had to send in the appointed time to intervene in the course of history and redeem humankind from its wrong paths. The doctrine of Rastafari is thus centered on the fundamental knowledge that the King of Kings of Ityopia Qadamawi Haile Sellassie is this same King Messiah predicted in the Bible, i.e. the same Iyasus Krestos (Jesus Christ) already incarnated in Israel 2000 years ago, but according to whom it was said by His own Apostled and Disciples that He would come again with a new Name as a glorious King from the seed of David. Accordingly, this newsletter aims: to deepen issues of theological, scriptural/Biblical, historical and cultural relevance pertaining to our Livity, or Sacred Experience of Life; to enlighten the ways this same Revelation of the King of Kings was manifested to the eyes of human beings; finally, with the words of the Lord King Himself, "to share what life has taught Us with those who want to learn". According to the Holy Word of King Messiah, InI do trust that "these are crucial times, when nations rise against nations, tensions increase and disaster is possible at any moment"; these are times when InI must realize that "the salvation of our Countries [..] lies primarily in education", this latter being the only way to maintain a condition of peace and unity amongst people. "Knowledge paves the way to love, and love in its turn fosters understanding, and leads one along the path of great common achievements". Because of this, InI pray to be blessed by contributing, throughout this work, to the spiritual, moral and livity (existential) development and growth of RastafarI brethren, so to effectively become as living stones of that spiritual house which is InI task to re-establish.

Here you find a .pdf version of our work, that you can freely read.

The First Issue (copy and paste on your browser):
http://amdaselassie.altervista.org/NegusMesihIEng.pdf

The Second Issue (copy and paste): http://amdaselassie.altervista.org/NegusMesihIIEng.pdf
However, these documents cannot be printed. If you want to buy the original paper magazine, write your request to this e-mail address:

negusmesih@yahoo.it

If you like our work, please support us.
We are looking for a world-wide distribution and wholesale.
Give Thanks

To Igziabher, Omnipotent Father, to the Only Begotten Son Tafari, to the Holy Spirit the Comforter, One God, be the Glory, the Majesty and the Power, forIva. Selah

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/21/2010 3:50:12 PM

I thought this part, about the Jesuits and the IHS symbol, was interesting:

“As the false prophet Balaam blessed the people of Israel he wanted to curse (Numbers 22-23-24), as the False Priest Caiaphas prophesied about Christ (John 11:49-51), in the same way this false priesthood can also declare the truth it tries to alter. And we shall tell them “Thou sayest” (read Luke 23,3).”

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 1/11/2011 11:09:36 PM

STAND UP, STAND UP FOR NEGUS!
YE SOLDIERS OF THE THRONE;
LIFT HIGH HIS ROYAL BANNER,
IT MUST NOT SUFFER LOSS.
FROM VICTORY UNTO VICTORY
HIS ARMY HE SHALL LEAD,
TILL EVERY FOE IS VANQUISHED,
AND CHRIST IS LORD INDEED.

CHORUS:
YE SOLDIERS OF THE THRONE;
LIFT HIGH HIS ROYAL BANNER,
IT MUST NOT SUFFER LOSS.

STAND UP! STAND UP FOR NEGUS!
THE TRUMPHET CALL OBEY;
FORTH TO THE MIGHTY CONFLICT,
IN THIS HIS GLORIOUS DAY!
"YE THAT ARE MAN, NOW SERVE H.I.M."
AGAINST UNNUMBERED FOES;
LET COURAGE RISE WITH DANGER,
AND STRENGTH TO STRENGTH OPPOSE.

STAND IN HIS STRENGTH ALONE;
THE ARM OF FLESH WILL FAIL YOU
YE DARE NOT TRUST YOUR OWN;
PUT ON THE GOSPEL ARMOUR,
AND, WATCHING UNTO PRAYER,
WHERE DUTY CALLS, OR DANGER,
BE NEVER WANTING THERE.

STAND UP! STAND UP FOR NEGUS!
THE STRIFE WILL NOT BE LONG;
THIS DAY, THE NOISE OF BATTLE,
THE NEXT THE VICTOR´S SONG.
TO HIM THAT OVERCOMETH,
A CROWN OF LIFE SHALL BE;
HE WITH THE KING OF GLORY
SHALL REIGN ETERNALLY.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/15/2011 3:34:18 PM

Psalms 47

--------------
[1] O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
[2] For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.
[3] He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
[4] He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.
[5] God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
[6] Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
[7] For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with Overstanding.
[8] God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.
[9] The princes of the people are gathered together, even the people of the God of Abraham: for the shields of the earth belong unto God: he is greatly exalted.
--------------

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I