Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3847&start_row=21

? about ital and unnatural food and drinks ?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/5/2017 12:31:10 AM

This is very true. Give thanks for sharing and I am no big advocate of such but interest in sharing the reasoning behind certain thoughts between InI. Again give thanks Iah

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/6/2017 12:47:57 AM

Interesting theory @ western consumption of milk producing underdeveloped adults. One that I had to think about as it seems quite plausible.

Then I thought about the Masai who consume cow milk (though mixed with cow blood) on a regular basis and yet are mighty warriors and have no place for a "man-child"

Perhaps the lack of manhood training and initiations/traditions in the western world is more directly responsible for producing underdeveloped adults then the consumption of dairy?

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/6/2017 6:29:19 PM

Yes, RG, my thoughts went there too, so it's clear it can't be dairy alone. It's surely connected with other circumstances and lifestyle and one point may be also the AMOUNT of food/milk consumed by these different peoples. I have never seen an overweight Samburu or Maasai yet... so it might be a different thing to have a moderate amount of milk+blood while living in nature than having A LOT OF dairy sitting in the shity behind a playstation... ^^

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 2/9/2017 6:26:08 PM

something to consider, cows in western cultures are not being fed a diet that is natural to cows, cows eat grass and leaves of certain trees, in the west on the big meat and milk producing farms they are given corn and grain food and kept indoors most of their life, then the milk is pumped from them via breast pumps, i imagine this would cause some bruising on the cows nipples.

in eastern cultures cows are raised in the open out in the fields.

but cows milk is made for baby cows...not people...be they Masai or Hindus from India, naturally milk stops at a certain age in any babies growth be they cows or humans...nature makes no exception, although they can survive on each others milk....each has its own.

as a boy growing up in the Caribbean , my grandfather raised cows for milk, we drank a lot of it, there was always a big old iron pot on the chulha (fireside)we lived in a dirt house made with bamboo covered with mud a nd plastered with cow dung and a clay mixture and the roof was a very big leaf called Timit, kinda like a pslam family.

what i am saying however is that milk from cows are for baby cows, when culture steps in , it seems alright to use...but the natural order of things (life) suggest otherwise.....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I